Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrv

Don't worry MRV, this is out of the hands of our E-board. Those Pig Farmers had to be taken out of the loop. A decision was made among a very connected group that there was too much at stake to leave this to a bunch of up-grades. They can take the credit and they do have a supporting role, but a Global Company cannot be conquered solely on its home turf. It takes many fronts!

Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace.
Adolf Hitler

I hear you ACE. These Up-grades will drive this GRAVEY TRAIN off a cliff. Hold on until the next election. We need leaders that don't need training wheels.

BrownArmy

Keep up the good work on PVG Mr. Overspeed. The Cologne v. Asian plan is getting some traction and a lot of attention. It is now your move for Asian retaliation.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Adolf Hitler

I'm confused.

Do you think this is WWII?

You make little sense.

The Hitler crap bums me out.

???

SKAGITDRIVER

Originally Posted by ups767mech
As chairman of the strike commitee i asure you there will be more picket lines up than SDF and ONT. If it comes to that.
center 9823 1620 port drive burlington wa please picket there please please please

Sgt York

I heard the aircraft mechanics even had the opportunity to give back vacation time and UPS didn’t get any takers!
People, the economy is down, it is time to build the strength of this company. People must sacrifice for the greater good.
It’s sad…

beentheredonethat

You lie. All UPS management get a defined pension. How could you not know that?

Sorry you're a bit wrong on this. A few years ago (unsure exactly when). UPS changed the rules for mgmt. When they announced the changes, if affected some current mgmt folks (those with a handful of years already in, and\or less then a certain age, I think 29) Those folks are now on a defined contribution plan vs defined benefit plan. In other words, those folks got a little additional money into a 401K type of plan. So it's up to them to manage the money,and all risk is now on the person, not the company. It's a big savings for UPS. Again mgmt took it on the chin on this one. But it affected just the newer folks. These folks won't be on a pension plan.

unionman

Sorry you're a bit wrong on this. A few years ago (unsure exactly when). UPS changed the rules for mgmt. When they announced the changes, if affected some current mgmt folks (those with a handful of years already in, and\or less then a certain age, I think 29) Those folks are now on a defined contribution plan vs defined benefit plan. In other words, those folks got a little additional money into a 401K type of plan. So it's up to them to manage the money,and all risk is now on the person, not the company. It's a big savings for UPS. Again mgmt took it on the chin on this one. But it affected just the newer folks. These folks won't be on a pension plan.
I did not know that. So sales guy could be working next to a guy that gets a pension when he gets nothing but a match. Bummer.

mrv

I heard the aircraft mechanics even had the opportunity to give back vacation time and UPS didn’t get any takers!
People, the economy is down, it is time to build the strength of this company. People must sacrifice for the greater good.
It’s sad…

There was 48 people that choose to GIVE BACK by taking leaves,job sharing , retiring or working thru earned vacations. These GIVE BACKS won't save jobs. They just make us weaker. Our Union Leadership dosn't have a clue. First they agree to concessions and give backs and now the threaten everyone with a strike.

unionman

There was 48 people that choose to GIVE BACK by taking leaves,job sharing , retiring or working thru earned vacations. These GIVE BACKS won't save jobs. They just make us weaker. Our Union Leadership dosn't have a clue. First they agree to concessions and give backs and now the threaten everyone with a strike.
Thats real smart, come on a company board and cry about how weak our unions leaders are. Save it for the union meeting and get ready to vote yes on a strike.

ACE

Word from FAAther, there is a major AD in the pipeline for all Valkrie a/c. We have been very successful and this will only advance our cause. All gatekeepers must continue to apply pressure, the Mother Doggs continue to bite the hand that feeds.

Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.
Adolf Hitler

airbusfxr

I have been working on Jumbos for 30 years. You would have a hard time troubleshooting your way out of a paper bag. I am willing to bet you run away from any job that requires any technical skill and strickly oil aircraft. Guys like you have been sucking on real AMT's teets for to long. I am sure UPS would give real mechanics anything they want as long as slugs like you would go away.
You havent worked on UPS Jumbos for 30 years, and both of your post says your a boss. Next UPS is sure not going to give real mechanics anything they want because it is not the UPS way. So back and sit at your desk and leave Local 2727 members struggle to real mechanics. If you were a mechanic you would just sign off stuff and be a company snitch and make more work for real mechanics with your 30 years of jumbo crap.

unionman

AIRBUS, when is the strike vote going to happen? Four years of negotiations and they are outsourcing our work to china while we get laid off. After a six month break from negotiations they say we are not interested in letting you do your own work. Its like when you were in grade school and a bulley started picking on you, you have to punch him in the nose. Its time to punch UPS in the nose.
Have you read any of the IT layoffs forum? Those poor people are getting there jobs sent to india so UPS manaement can get there bonus. I thought most companies already figured out that it doesnt work. You get what you pay for. Crap.

Cookdaddy

You havent worked on UPS Jumbos for 30 years, and both of your post says your a boss. Next UPS is sure not going to give real mechanics anything they want because it is not the UPS way. So back and sit at your desk and leave Local 2727 members struggle to real mechanics. If you were a mechanic you would just sign off stuff and be a company snitch and make more work for real mechanics with your 30 years of jumbo crap.

I'm not like you airbusbrkr. I actually worked for a real airline before UPS. Your just a parts boy upgrade that Ups threw a bone at. Make sure you stay with UPS because you would not make it in the real world. BTW quit talking to me I am getting a headache.

mrv

I would gladly give up any raise and even take a pay cut if I could get the defined pension that every other Upser has. Our contract needs many improvements that the top dollar doesnt address.

Don't lecture me Unionfool. Your the one that is willing to take a pay cut and no raises for a defined pension plan. What happened? Can't manage your own retirement plan? Need someone else to do it for you.

unionman

Don't lecture me Unionfool. Your the one that is willing to take a pay cut and no raises for a defined pension plan. What happened? Can't manage your own retirement plan? Need someone else to do it for you.
For 3000 dollars a month for the rest of my life, yes I would take a pay cut. You surely don't have them kind of beans in your 201k?

mrv

For 3000 dollars a month for the rest of my life, yes I would take a pay cut. You surely don't have them kind of beans in your 201k?

What are you doing with the 200 bucks a week UPS gives you for retirement? Next Union meeting see how much support you get for a pay cut and no raises. Come on Unionman your all over the map!

unionman

What are you doing with the 200 bucks a week UPS gives you for retirement? Next Union meeting see how much support you get for a pay cut and no raises. Come on Unionman your all over the map!
I make half what you make because you voted this pathetic pay scale in for me. Thanks, you better hope they don't let you go because your in for a big surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.