Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fur-low

There's that UPS efficiency.... 78 worthless P/T sups. on (1) plane... That will get that tire changed. Another on time depart. What's your great plan for flying the aircraft & driving the trucks??? It is... the least you can do & it shows. Keep up the good work. It's ideas like that, that'll keep you moving up.
Thanks for all your hard work & great ideas,
WJ

unionman

I have found UPSSOCKS performance review.

[video=youtube;NisCkxU544c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c[/video]

unionman

NTSB investigators said mechanics working for a maintenance contractor incorrectly adjusted a flight-control system that contributed to the accident. The mechanics were certified, but the contractor wasn't, Scovel told a House subcommittee in 2007.
Outsourced repairs on rise
Cost-squeezed airlines also try to save money by farming out an increasing amount of maintenance work to foreign repair stations. The number of FAA-certified foreign repair stations increased from 344 in 1994 to 731 in 2009, according to Scovel.
FAA oversight of such stations is "weak at best," and more than 90% of "people turning the wrenches" at foreign repair stations are not certified mechanics, says Goglia, the former NTSB board member.
Unions representing certified airline mechanics, including the Transport Workers Union of America and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, are angry about the loss of jobs to other countries and the quality of work abroad. In December in Washington, TWU mechanics distributed leaflets to members of Congress pointing out safety and security concerns with foreign repair work. The TWU thinks airlines "are fleeing federal oversight" and questions whether reliance on overseas repair work is "a disaster waiting to happen," says Robert Gless, assistant director of the union's Air Transport Division.
"Just because there's an absence of disaster, it doesn't mean you have a safe circumstance with overseas maintenance facilities," he says. "What does it take — one or two planes to fall out of the sky — to say, 'Why did this happen?' "
The FAA says there's no need to worry about work done abroad.
"Just as aviation safety is in no way compromised by allowing U.S. carriers to fly aircraft made in Europe, in Brazil or in Canada, safety is in no way compromised by allowing other countries' facilities, which perform to our safety standards, to conduct repair and maintenance on our aircraft," Doug Dalbey, an FAA deputy director, told a House subcommittee last November.
Besides maintenance issues, the inspector general's office found "security vulnerabilities" — including susceptibility to sabotage — at airport and off-airport repair stations.
Concerns are so great that since August 2008, Congress has barred the FAA from certifying any new foreign repair station until the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) issues a rule to improve security.
In November, the TSA said a proposed rule was open for comment. Congress has also introduced bills to close regulatory gaps between foreign and domestic repair stations.
Lax oversight 'raises risk'
Shoddy work or failure to do repairs can often go undetected because of inconsistent or ineffective FAA and airline oversight.
In November, Scovel told a House subcommittee that it "may be months or even years" before FAA inspectors do an on-site review of a repair station after it's approved for use by an airline.
FAA inspectors for an unidentified airline inspected only four of the carrier's 15 main maintenance providers during a three-year period. And a major engine repair facility abroad, which worked on 39 of 53 engines repaired for an airline, wasn't visited by FAA inspectors for five years after the facility was certified.
"As a result of FAA's flawed approval and untimely inspection processes, maintenance problems either went undetected or reoccurred," the inspector general said.
Scovel said his office made 23 recommendations to improve FAA oversight of domestic and foreign repair stations during the previous seven years. Sixteen have not been addressed — including "a number" that "are critical."

Fur-low

NTSB investigators said mechanics working for a maintenance contractor incorrectly adjusted a flight-control system that contributed to the accident. The mechanics were certified, but the contractor wasn't, Scovel told a House subcommittee in 2007.
Outsourced repairs on rise
Cost-squeezed airlines also try to save money by farming out an increasing amount of maintenance work to foreign repair stations. The number of FAA-certified foreign repair stations increased from 344 in 1994 to 731 in 2009, according to Scovel.
FAA oversight of such stations is "weak at best," and more than 90% of "people turning the wrenches" at foreign repair stations are not certified mechanics, says Goglia, the former NTSB board member.
Unions representing certified airline mechanics, including the Transport Workers Union of America and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, are angry about the loss of jobs to other countries and the quality of work abroad. In December in Washington, TWU mechanics distributed leaflets to members of Congress pointing out safety and security concerns with foreign repair work. The TWU thinks airlines "are fleeing federal oversight" and questions whether reliance on overseas repair work is "a disaster waiting to happen," says Robert Gless, assistant director of the union's Air Transport Division.
"Just because there's an absence of disaster, it doesn't mean you have a safe circumstance with overseas maintenance facilities," he says. "What does it take — one or two planes to fall out of the sky — to say, 'Why did this happen?' "
The FAA says there's no need to worry about work done abroad.
"Just as aviation safety is in no way compromised by allowing U.S. carriers to fly aircraft made in Europe, in Brazil or in Canada, safety is in no way compromised by allowing other countries' facilities, which perform to our safety standards, to conduct repair and maintenance on our aircraft," Doug Dalbey, an FAA deputy director, told a House subcommittee last November.
Besides maintenance issues, the inspector general's office found "security vulnerabilities" — including susceptibility to sabotage — at airport and off-airport repair stations.
Concerns are so great that since August 2008, Congress has barred the FAA from certifying any new foreign repair station until the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) issues a rule to improve security.
In November, the TSA said a proposed rule was open for comment. Congress has also introduced bills to close regulatory gaps between foreign and domestic repair stations.
Lax oversight 'raises risk'
Shoddy work or failure to do repairs can often go undetected because of inconsistent or ineffective FAA and airline oversight.
In November, Scovel told a House subcommittee that it "may be months or even years" before FAA inspectors do an on-site review of a repair station after it's approved for use by an airline.
FAA inspectors for an unidentified airline inspected only four of the carrier's 15 main maintenance providers during a three-year period. And a major engine repair facility abroad, which worked on 39 of 53 engines repaired for an airline, wasn't visited by FAA inspectors for five years after the facility was certified.
"As a result of FAA's flawed approval and untimely inspection processes, maintenance problems either went undetected or reoccurred," the inspector general said.
Scovel said his office made 23 recommendations to improve FAA oversight of domestic and foreign repair stations during the previous seven years. Sixteen have not been addressed — including "a number" that "are critical."

Fur-low

History proves this to be so true... God or who ever forbid this happens.

clocksucker

UPSSOCKS could you please keep it down, I am trying to get some sleep hear at work because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I want to start my vacation well rested. I just hope that the last 4 days at double time will cover the bill for my vacation. What am I worried about, I can have as much double time as I want. Forget I even said anything. Goodnight! 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, ....

UPSSOCKS

There's that UPS efficiency.... 78 worthless P/T sups. on (1) plane... That will get that tire changed. Another on time depart. What's your great plan for flying the aircraft & driving the trucks??? It is... the least you can do & it shows. Keep up the good work. It's ideas like that, that'll keep you moving up.
Thanks for all your hard work & great ideas,
WJ

I bet I can find someone to fly the plane, and drive the truck better and cheaper than a union employee....

UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS could you please keep it down, I am trying to get some sleep hear at work because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I want to start my vacation well rested. I just hope that the last 4 days at double time will cover the bill for my vacation. What am I worried about, I can have as much double time as I want. Forget I even said anything. Goodnight! 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, ....

I won't take the bait on this one. You didn't work the last four days at double time, and I guarantee you can't sleep at work. So enjoy your vacation. Remember who made it possible for you to have a vacation.

UPSSOCKS

Teamster Contract

Yeah because UPS is the only company in the world with paid vacations... The teamsters fought real hard to get paid vacations and paved the way for every workforce in the world. Paid vacation time is a given. The teamsters didn't get it for you.

You aren't allowed to post anymore. You are banished......

JETDOC

UPSSOCKS, take clocksuckers bait or not, without my daily 4 hour siesta I'd have a hard time staying awake during movie time. Furthermore, I know Clock, he didn't get that name while working for $43/hr. That nickname was spawned from many days at $86/hr. Do the math UPS...... NICE!!!

JETDOC

" DOL", I thought you were done with this thread. Are you miising the good old day's of the BC? Before UPSSOCKS ruined your star power.

airbusfxr

UPSSUCKS, I only get 7 weeks of paid vacation. I still have my 401k match. Oh and I had a small part in that Int volume that pays you even though you dont contribute very much to this operations.

Last edited:

airbusfxr

How does the Int volume get moved usny, arent you the one that had brady and pats in the sb?

Last edited:

Fur-low

I won't take the bait on this one. You didn't work the last four days at double time, and I guarantee you can't sleep at work. So enjoy your vacation. Remember who made it possible for you to have a vacation.

Do you work for UPS?.... I've seen guys work & make over 8 times their pay in one week. With O/T, D/T & holiday pay..... That was due to our contract!!
I wish I could say it was me.

UPSSOCKS

Do you work for UPS?.... I've seen guys work & make over 8 times their pay in one week. With O/T, D/T & holiday pay..... That was due to our contract!!
I wish I could say it was me.

I have too but not right now. There's no way that is going on anywhere. Maybe come April but not right now..

clocksucker

Hey UPSSOCKS, I am thinking of sweetening my vacation a little. I want to do some snorkeling and maybe some deep sea fishing, about four or five easy hours should do it. Stay for 1 minute after work each day and I am home free. God bless Darmento and the contract he got us! YEAH! The funny thing is you actually think that I am not getting this doubletime and these easy hours. The sweetest money of all is the money you don't have to work for. THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.