Local 2727 update

mrv

Well first of all the current board spent the past 5 yrs or so on it. And the second point is that everyone will have a chance to vote yes or no on the current TA or not vote at all. I think we are owed this choice after waiting for so long.

You're right. It's now up to the membership. Let's hope all the votes are counted this time.

geneva54

As is the contract vote.................

You're right. It's now up to the membership. Let's hope all the votes are counted this time

mrv

Are you taking advice from UPSsocks or even taking him seriously?

You should learn from guys like Upssocks. Don't think for a minute that management won't take full advantage of this TA's weak scope. Theres a reason your Sup is pushing the TA so hard....and it's not because your getting 50 bucks an hour.

geneva54

You should learn from guys like Upssocks. Don't think for a minute that management won't take full advantage of this TA's weak scope. Theres a reason your Sup is pushing the TA so hard....and it's not because your getting 50 bucks an hour.

After reading many of Upssocks my take on him is that he likes to play mind games and cant be taken seriously. What he says is meaningless.

Actually management has not said a word about the contract one way or another.

brownone

Upssux your brownone was crying the IBT would be the failure of ups. My point is that ups could really make money if they had the lift. That's what problem, people like you are running the business and not maximizing revenue. FDX is still flying B727s full of freight, who's the smarter? Who's stock is at 1999 IPO price?

I never said that the Union would destroy UPS. I simply said your hatred of UPS does the company no good. You get paid a very fair wage for the job that you do. My point was that it is UPS that pays you and not the Teamsters. Tell me a mechanic who will have better contract than you if this passes, but yet you want more. That I find humor in that. The definition of negotiation is: mutual discussion and arrangement of the terms of a transaction or agreement. This means it is a give and take. Not just a take.

fr8dog

We actually do have a big decision UPSSOCKS, vote yes on a contract that will pay us 130-150 grand a year(with a little OT), don't have to pay a penny for our healthcare, big ass retro check, 50 buck a month after 25 yrs for insurance in retirement, ete ete ete. No vote. Stike, everyone hates the mechanics blah blah blah. But we keep our jobs in the states. Big fight was not being the first teamsters to pay for healthcare. we won. Now we'll pass to the groundside teamsters on their next contract. Good Luck.

UPSSOCKS

We actually do have a big decision UPSSOCKS, vote yes on a contract that will pay us 130-150 grand a year(with a little OT), don't have to pay a penny for our healthcare, big ass retro check, 50 buck a month after 25 yrs for insurance in retirement, ete ete ete. No vote. Stike, everyone hates the mechanics blah blah blah. But we keep our jobs in the states. Big fight was not being the first teamsters to pay for healthcare. we won. Now we'll pass to the groundside teamsters on their next contract. Good Luck.

You won't strike with a no vote, everyone knows that.
BUT
I agree the yes vote sounds better vote yes!!!!!!

fr8dog

Sorry I'm a no vote. until they get rid of the the split shift's, i'll be voteing no. Plus i wouldnt count on no strike. we go, so do the pilot's and ALL fellow teamsters. that's just the way it is. teamsters dont cross picket lines. So i know why you want us to vote yes. You dont what to get into your browns again and get spit on delivering packages.

mymistake

The re-vote really has nothing to do with the TA Contract that is to be voted on.

The re-vote should have everything to do with the T/A contract. If the supposed 250 votes could have changed the election outcome we would not be voting on the T/A that is available for us today. If after another re-vote then we have the current T/A, or if there is a new president then we wait for another T/A. The aggreements signed off by current board would be nothing if there was a new board in place. So the vote has everything to do with it and it should have been done correctly before. Everyone's vote for president or T/A should count, since you are paying the union dues for it.

mymistake

We may all agree to go on strike but it doesn't matter if we don't ever get released to go on strike. Everyone knows that it is almost if not impossible for a company this large that affects so much of the commerce to go on strike that is regulated by the RLA. The rest of the teamsters not under RLA can go on strike at midnight of the expiration, that is why their contract is done before that. And then that is why our's is still going some 4 years later. It is an outdated obsolete law which has been governing us since 1926 and one that big corporations fight to keep in place. Plus look at all the labor issues going on with state employees right now, the Obama administration is trying to distance itself so far from that they would not even be anywhere close to releasing us (if it ever got that far). How about all those Teamsters contributions to the Democratic fund, think they want that money back yet?

UPSSOCKS

Sorry I'm a no vote. until they get rid of the the split shift's, i'll be voteing no. Plus i wouldnt count on no strike. we go, so do the pilot's and ALL fellow teamsters. that's just the way it is. teamsters dont cross picket lines. So i know why you want us to vote yes. You dont what to get into your browns again and get spit on delivering packages.

Easy there... I am much better off now than I was last time around, and I won't be delivering this time.

All of that kind of talk is non sense anyhow because "YOU WON'T STRIKE" and the ground wouldn't support you. Ask around on this forum which is primarily ground union members. They will tell you they won't support you..

UPSSOCKS

We may all agree to go on strike but it doesn't matter if we don't ever get released to go on strike. Everyone knows that it is almost if not impossible for a company this large that affects so much of the commerce to go on strike that is regulated by the RLA. The rest of the teamsters not under RLA can go on strike at midnight of the expiration, that is why their contract is done before that. And then that is why our's is still going some 4 years later. It is an outdated obsolete law which has been governing us since 1926 and one that big corporations fight to keep in place. Plus look at all the labor issues going on with state employees right now, the Obama administration is trying to distance itself so far from that they would not even be anywhere close to releasing us (if it ever got that far). How about all those Teamsters contributions to the Democratic fund, think they want that money back yet?

Are you thank nieve to think that the Teamsters don't love the fact that the RLA is in place? That money they contribute protects the RLA because it is not in the best interest of the "Teamsters that matter" for you to strike. Why can't anyone figure out that the Teamsters are run by UPS.. In the end everyone gets rich but the workers...

geneva54

I dont think anyone wants to go another 4 years without a contract just because a new president gets voted in. Everyone right now has the option to vote yes or no or not vote if they feel that strongly about the election results. As I mentioned before the contract is only good until 2013. SO if another President was elected he would have the opportunity to fix the contract as needed. Its not like outsourcing wasnt happening under the old contract anyway. Some common sense needs to be used instead of inner union fighting.

mrv

Common sense would be for your Union not to outsource your job to China. It won't matter who's in office In 2013 if you allow your job to go to China.

geneva54

Nobody likes it but it makes common sense to UPS and most of the Passenger Airlines. Common sense also tells me that it is not going to stop

UPSSOCKS

Sounds like the yes voters are just looking for a quick buck and not thinking very much about their union brothers.. Greed destroys all... It would be wonderfull if greed destroyed the teamsters. I think it has already started....

VOTE YES!!!!!

fr8dog

Easy there... I am much better off now than I was last time around, and I won't be delivering this time.
You'll be doing exactly what they tell you to do and nothing else. If your in some center in ypsilanti(anywhere) michigan with a few dozen drivers and a couple pt sup's, you'll be delivering packages for 12 plus hr days.