Local 2727 update

fr8dog

You want me to ask my fellow teamster brothers if they would cross another ups teamster picket line. Sorry got a little more faith in the people i work with every day.

UPSSOCKS

You want me to ask my fellow teamster brothers if they would cross another ups teamster picket line. Sorry got a little more faith in the people i work with every day.

I would say "we'll see" but a strike will never happen again. The teamsters or UPS won't let it happen.

Obi-Wan

The contract will pass and Combine will stay by an overwhelming majority!

If Combine is found guilty of election fraud, then the TA will be null and void. The reason is, if he were voted out, he would not have been able to sign the TA. This is going to turn into a big fiasco. He should have just let the cards fall where they may, but instead he had to make sure that he won. What a president!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
If Combine is so guilty then why is the International and Bourne pushing this TA so hard? Maybe the International is in bed with UPS...

mrv

Their pushing for a YES before Combine gets put out of office. Maybe he agreed on these consessions when it was apparent they would be found guilty of election fraud.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Their pushing for a YES before Combine gets put out of office. Maybe he agreed on these consessions when it was apparent they would be found guilty of election fraud.

And again...if the interantional knows this then why are they pushing this so hard. Bourne wants this contract soooooo much...why? Maybe the International could care less about local 2727 and just wants their cut. After 4 years of negoiations it seems like we are being sold out by the Teamsters more then our local.

geneva54

The membership still has the right to vote on the TA no matter what the election results turn out to be. If Darmento had won he still would have come in at the tail end of the negotiations.

airbusfxr

Joe wants an "A" plan. SDFers want to hog OT while people are on street. This kinder gentler union is done. Time to get back years of give backs.

Fur-low

And again...if the interantional knows this then why are they pushing this so hard. Bourne wants this contract soooooo231 much...why? Maybe the International could care less about local 2727 and just wants their cut. After 4 years of negoiations it seems like we are being sold out by the Teamsters more then our local.
This is why UPS insisted on the mechs. going Teamsters at the start. They already had 375,000 Teamsters following their command. They were not about to let in an objective outside party, into the ("PARTY") We have nothing...under RLA. They will never allow a strike. Teamsters wasted our money on the Big O! Vote yes or no, the company will do what they want. We all know this. Reflect on the history.

Fur-low

We voted to go independent years ago. Didn't pass. Sorry but we faired better than the pilots (well under Joe).

This is true. The pilots are kicking themselves for all they gave up. (Do they not know who they are dealing with?)
Well I'm not bitter....been laid off from a company that was & still is making profits in the billions, chasing work for 2-years, having to commute, with
bankruptcy on the horizon. Now we're presented with a contract that has nothing to bring us back, little to nothing of a raise which gives us little to nothing for retro with more out sourcing. Did I leave anything out? I guess the up side is are 150 votes will not have much impact on the out come.

geneva54

This is true. The pilots are kicking themselves for all they gave up. (Do they not know who they are dealing with?)
Well I'm not bitter....been laid off from a company that was & still is making profits in the billions, chasing work for 2-years, having to commute, with
bankruptcy on the horizon. Now we're presented with a contract that has nothing to bring us back, little to nothing of a raise which gives us little to nothing for retro with more out sourcing. Did I leave anything out? I guess the up side is are 150 votes will not have much impact on the out come.

I guess I missed that vote???

This is my first, only and last post in this forum. I have been reading the divisive, hate driven garbage that "UPSSOCKS" has been spewing for years. If he is still quietly lurking I hope he will review his past posts and take a moment to self reflect about how STUPID he looks right now. UPS does not need people of his strain in any decision making position. Just the fact that he is an employee of this company, Mr. Casey would think he was an abomination and totally contrary to the ideas this company was built on.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is my first, only and last post in this forum. I have been reading the divisive, hate driven garbage that "UPSSOCKS" has been spewing for years. If he is still quietly lurking I hope he will review his past posts and take a moment to self reflect about how STUPID he looks right now. UPS does not need people of his strain in any decision making position. Just the fact that he is an employee of this company, Mr. Casey would think he was an abomination and totally contrary to the ideas this company was built on.
UPSSOCKS is an alterego of a longtime poster here on Brown Cafe and the purpose of this alterego is to be a mirror to the stupid, idiotic management bashing posters on here.
Tit-for-Tat and yes both sides look just as stupid and idiotic.
I personally find him/her amusing as I understand the purpose of his/her postings.