Local 2727 update

UPSSOCKS

OK I get your feelings for AMTs at UPS, upssocks. It is a shame you can't read long posts, but with the way that every post is dissected, I want to be very specific about what I post. And there is so much......Again the ignorance of the poster comes to mind when you make such statements as, "mechanics were part of the fat that needs to be trimmed". Unknown to you, and probably foreign to your business model, there is a minimum requirement for numbers of mechanics per aircraft. Since UPS saw fit to retire certain aircraft (after sinking untold numbers of dollars in upgrades in them $$$$), mechanics were laid off. UPS is already rehiring mechanics to cover staffing at gateways. Iwish you were at the planning meetings when UPS decided to put cockpit upgrades in the DC-8s, you could have told the pilot's union rep that he was whiny and part of the fat that needs to be trimmed. Oh well, that money is gone now with the aircraft.
I am glad you commented about the law to be truthful, you have no idea that the Feds will revoke your license to work on aircraft, if you are caught in a lie. So yes, it is against the law to lie. Is that hard to understand, or do you want me to give specifics?
So keep on dodging the facts. No comment on the contract process? No comment on the upcoming co-incidence of expired contracts? No comment on the ignorance of non-airline and non-union posters who relate the same tired old threats for those who dare to ask for a fair contract? No comment on the demonization of the very people so necessary to the continued functioning of the UPS airline (and let's face it, overseas airline delivery is where the profits are).

Typical Airliner, think you know everything. Mechanics were part of the fat. Now the fat is gone. Their is nothing else to say. Pay your union dues and let it go. UPS is hiring many people right now and come January, waive goodbye. I understand that we have to have so many mechanics per aircraft, and we are within the guidelines. I would like to see them outsource some of the mechanic jobs, that's just my opinion. You are also confused with the terms revenue and profit.. Look them up, and describe both... Submit your answer by tomorrow. *see definition for "cost of goods sold" * In our case the cost of goods would be the cost of labor.

slim471

Typical Airliner, think you know everything. Mechanics were part of the fat. Now the fat is gone. Their is nothing else to say. Pay your union dues and let it go. UPS is hiring many people right now and come January, waive goodbye. I understand that we have to have so many mechanics per aircraft, and we are within the guidelines. I would like to see them outsource some of the mechanic jobs, that's just my opinion. You are also confused with the terms revenue and profit.. Look them up, and describe both... Submit your answer by tomorrow. *see definition for "cost of goods sold" * In our case the cost of goods would be the cost of labor.
well upsocks,i guess you fit right in,doing absoutely nothing but spewing senselessly.BTW, does your Manager know that your on the computer while on company time?.and perhaps on a company computer?. oh i forgot your door is closed soooo no one can see you.while your add it check ebay like the rest of you so called paper pushers taking up much needed space.

Slim

oreana123

UH, let's see, this is a post on 2727 updates. I try to understand mis-informed posters like upssocks and upsup but these people are neither posting anything new about the 2727 contract, nor do they even have a little knowledge of the UPSCO airline. Repeatedly baiting any airline poster here is some kind of outlet for them. I would recommend that these two guys do their stretching exercises and try not to drool too much as Local 2727 gets a new, even more lucrative contract.

Wiggy

The Aircraft mechanics group has 900 members. The majority of work is done by outsourced vendor's. You can not outsource everything and pay the small number of mechanics you have small wages. FDX has a lot more mechanics compared to UPS and they happily pay them for keeping there aircraft flying safely.

Fur-low

Fur-low

"Their is nothing else to say". Their who? (their and there). This is only note worthy due to the home work assignment that was given to oreana123. Honestly who cares?

I still visit this site in hopes of finding any information.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Fur-low;781176 I still visit this site in hopes of finding any information.[/QUOTE said:
Call the hall, talk to a stew, and listen to the hotline...dont count on the crap spewed at BC as "information".

UPSSOCKS

UH, let's see, this is a post on 2727 updates. I try to understand mis-informed posters like upssocks and upsup but these people are neither posting anything new about the 2727 contract, nor do they even have a little knowledge of the UPSCO airline. Repeatedly baiting any airline poster here is some kind of outlet for them. I would recommend that these two guys do their stretching exercises and try not to drool too much as Local 2727 gets a new, even more lucrative contract.

Would you like to bet on the outcome of 2727's contract? I'll take an unhappy 2727, and I'll give you 5:1 odds if you would like to take otherwise.

UPSSOCKS

well upsocks,i guess you fit right in,doing absoutely nothing but spewing senselessly.BTW, does your Manager know that your on the computer while on company time?.and perhaps on a company computer?. oh i forgot your door is closed soooo no one can see you.while your add it check ebay like the rest of you so called paper pushers taking up much needed space.

Slim

Not only is the door closed, but I have the blinds closed as well. What is the space I am taking up needed for?

oreana123

UPS's dividend has more than doubled since February 2003. The company has either increased or maintained its dividend every year for more than four decades

oreana123

Wow! Well not only does Combine have an election mandate, a management requested survey, and also a ticking clock until release from arbitration. Upssocks will get his work action, eventually.

maxthrust38134

Hi guys, just to let you know........I'm a FedEx amt, and in one of our meetings the other day our manager told us that an attorney(Fedex) told them that you guys are about to be real happy. They were just saying it should be settled soon and FedEx will have to do their part for us. Sorry that we ride your coattails......but thanks. Good Luck to all!

oreana123

Ok here is your assignment, define airliner and watch the video on the tab above called:
UPS profits from worldwide shipping soar , and learn something for yourself. If by typical airliner you mean "essential person performing a craft that creates large amounts of wealth for his employer" I can say guilty as charged

UPSSOCKS

Ok here is your assignment, define airliner and watch the video on the tab above called:
UPS profits from worldwide shipping soar , and learn something for yourself. If by typical airliner you mean "essential person performing a craft that creates large amounts of wealth for his employer" I can say guilty as charged

Your confused on rank here... You don't create large amounts of wealth... You work as instructed.... I create the "large amounts of wealth" and pay you to do the leg work.

airbusfxr

UPSSUCKS you are going to be amazed when you see the the final tab for this chess match. Dont worrying I might even quit working overtime to keep me out of the next higher tax bracket. You continue to keep you nose planted in the seat of the person ahead of you on the ladder and keep your feet firmly planted on the hands of the one below you. I got a feeeling you are not very high on this ladder either.

UPSSOCKS

UPSSUCKS you are going to be amazed when you see the the final tab for this chess match. Dont worrying I might even quit working overtime to keep me out of the next higher tax bracket. You continue to keep you nose planted in the seat of the person ahead of you on the ladder and keep your feet firmly planted on the hands of the one below you. I got a feeeling you are not very high on this ladder either.

The funny part about this ladder is, I could be on the bottom and still be higher than you. The final tab will be high, but it will be much lower than it would of been had we not cut out the fat.
The key word is in your response is "overtime" if I had to work overtime to make more money, I am not sure if I would do it either. I have plenty of things to do beside work. That's what separates the cheifs from the indians. You make more money by sacraficing your extra time, I earn more just by being here. If I wanted to spend my life working long hours for extra money I would of stayed in the union.