Local 509 Officers Election

Fullhouse

Well the main concerns were non representation, deception, and most of all a dictatorial attitude!
There is way to much to list and I don't want to bore people or highjack the thread!
Bottom line is the members had enough and they chose to make a stand! The participation was at 37% more than the usual 23%. Even though that may seem small the impressive part was this. The challengers received 67% of the votes that were opened and counted! 159 votes were marked as challenged but would have been counted if the margin of victory was within 159. Also the machine use to open the envelopes had unintentionally cut a portion of the ballots off that contained the mark to vote for an entire slate! That oval was positioned right on the crease of the folded ballots, so if the trifolded ballot was not at the very bottom of the envelope, a portion of the ballot would be cut off! Something for other locals to consider before they approve the design of the ballots!
In the end the membership won and good riddance to the incumbants!

Attachments

• IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    665.7 KB · Views: 297

Oh Shoot

Well the main concerns were non representation, deception, and most of all a dictatorial attitude!
There is way to much to list and I don't want to bore people or highjack the thread!
Bottom line is the members had enough and they chose to make a stand! The participation was at 37% more than the usual 23%. Even though that may seem small the impressive part was this. The challengers received 67% of the votes that were opened and counted! 159 votes were marked as challenged but would have been counted if the margin of victory was within 159. Also the machine use to open the envelopes had unintentionally cut a portion of the ballots off that contained the mark to vote for an entire slate! That oval was positioned right on the crease of the folded ballots, so if the trifolded ballot was not at the very bottom of the envelope, a portion of the ballot would be cut off! Something for other locals to consider before they approve the design of the ballots!
In the end the membership won and good riddance to the incumbants!
FB_IMG_1475699713291.jpg

Fullhouse

Well your reply just added volumes to this thread! Maybe one day, just maybe, when you grow up you will able to do more than just add a picture! I guess you just like to rain on peoples parade! Guess what I got an umbrella!

Sheep DAWG

Well if they were not representing the members as they should , then it was time for them to be voted out. Sounds like with that much of a turn out in votes against them the members finally got enough. It high time the IBT takes note as well. You can't sit back and watch the company rape and pillage the members and do nothing......or atleast threaten to do something. What has happened to the union representation the last 4 or 5 years.

Sheep DAWG

It's been my experience....that only officers & Buisness Agents who fail to represent the membership get voted out. So to call newly elected leaders crooks sounds a bit harsh. Usually people who run for office do it because they feel they arn't being represented and want to change things....not to be crooks.

upsbrown-2009

And you would be correct they would have still been if office if the representation would have been there! The Members spoke they had ENOUGH!

Oh Shoot

It's been my experience....that only officers & Buisness Agents who fail to represent the membership get voted out. So to call newly elected leaders crooks sounds a bit harsh. Usually people who run for office do it because they feel they arn't being represented and want to change things....not to be crooks.
Ive heard that some of the newly elected officers/agents worked for this local before and been known to exercise shady behavior. They no longer work for this local im told.

Sheep DAWG

I'm sure every local has officers/agents that exercise shady behavior . When you are dealing with with the shady behavior of the management of these companies , you better learn to fight shady with shady. But being shady and failing to represent the members are 2 different issues. Throughout all the local elections across the country, it seems that the if you were failing to represent the members, you did and you will, get voted out. Lesson to be learned....if you are going to be a sheep dog....guard the sheep.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm sure every local has officers/agents that exercise shady behavior . When you are dealing with with the shady behavior of the management of these companies , you better learn to fight shady with shady. But being shady and failing to represent the members are 2 different issues. Throughout all the local elections across the country, it seems that the if you were failing to represent the members, you did and you will, get voted out. Lesson to be learned....if you are going to be a sheep dog....guard the sheep.

We are with you! Status Quo Has Gotta GO!
Do you guys get paid to troll?