Local 688

Stonefish

Hall had to apologize for the way they botched the clarity and content of the first round. They were caught with their pants down on some of those articles and the ASSumption that we'd swallow the hook, line and sinker.

TDU (Pete Landon) actually gave credit to the IBT and Hall for enhancing the benedits and for the conference call by Hall explaining the benefits more comprehensively.

There's a lot of negative PR on TDU but then there's a lot to this TA thats negative.

We do have to move on.
It isn't just the TA they are negative on its everything with the IBT that is my point

Stonefish

You for sure aren't my Dad, he wouldn't hide behind an internet avatar.
If men in my family have something to say to somebody we know, we say to their face.

As far as losing by 13, I am looking at it as a disappointment but I realize that we bit off a big piece when my slate ran me in the Vice President spot, considering I have only my stewardship as exposure in a 65 company local.
In the end, I campaigned hard and was barely beaten by a guy who has 3 terms worth of experience in the hall over 2 decades.
The biggest blow was when my competitor was appointed as business agent in September and was assigned our building.
He was in our building "campaigning" every day for months on the guise of union business.

News flash, if you post on an internet forum, it isn't a private conversation.
There is a vehicle called PM for that type of interaction.
I commented on your view of TDU and by the end of your reply it was about me and my aspirations in local union politics, once again outing me.
Funny thing I am now realizing is that the first time you outed me, you pretended to have figured it out by my postings.
Now you claim I told you who I was on this site while we were out drinking?
Liars often forget what they say and are often exposed as such.
If I told you, I for sure didn't do so for you to come on here and broadcast it.

So in closing, my offer stands if you find your nuts and your big boy pants.
You know where to find me.
Sorry I forgot something. It is very hypocritical for someone to criticize and not like being criticized. Again thank you for the conversation as I enjoy it.

C

chuchu

It isn't just the TA they are negative on its everything with the IBT that is my point
I understand. I think it has to do with the present Gen President. They liked and supported Carey. Didn't hear much about that period being "negative".

When the CEO of UPS (Jim Kelly) said that he liked Jim Hoffa, Jr because "he's more of a business man" than Ron Carey it's a sign to me that we're in trouble and I think we can see the chickens are coming to roost.

I'm applauding bubblehead for trying to bring justice to the people he serves as steward. There's some hope and change needed across the board.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When the CEO of UPS (Jim Kelly) said that he liked Jim Hoffa, Jr because "he's more of a business man" than Ron Carey it's a sign to me that we're in trouble and I think we can see the chickens are coming to roost.
I see where you are coming from but ...
A Union president being ignorant of what it takes to run a huge corporation, like Carey was, does not bode well for the future of that Union.
Pretty much the same problem with Obama.
Corporations, whether we like it or not, drive the economy and therefore our financial prosperity and security.

C

chuchu

I see where you are coming from but ...
A Union president being ignorant of what it takes to run a huge corporation, like Carey was, does not bode well for the future of that Union.
Pretty much the same problem with Obama.
Corporations, whether we like it or not, drive the economy and therefore our financial prosperity and security.
Agreed. But, there's a lot of issues at hand and much of the strength of the posturing that should have been evident seems to be AWOL in this TA.

There were many issues not dealt with that the members asked for relief on that just dissolved into thin air.

And the part time workers waiting for the chance to get a full time just got hammered ... again.

There's nothing quite like being a pawn.

Stonefish

I understand. I think it has to do with the present Gen President. They liked and supported Carey. Didn't hear much about that period being "negative".

I'm applauding bubblehead for trying to bring justice to the people he serves as steward. There's some hope and change needed across the board.

I liked Carey also but you need someone who realizes what is going on. I support the current General President and Secretary Treasurer but that's just me.
I spoke to a person today that said I read the on tract and I like it so tell me how we're getting screwed. That is the mentality of people today they they they're getting screwed all the time My opinion and what I told him was I think it's a good contract and he isn't getting screwed.
I also applaud Bubblehead for his efforts for being a steward. He has filed several grievances and I truly think he cares which is what we need in the union. But I find it interesting and disappointing when someone is unhappy about what someone else did and they voice their opinion, it's ok but when someone else voices their opinion about them they can't take it. It is a 2 way street. Change is needed and part of it is starting to trust the leadership at the IBT. In my opinion

Stonefish

Agreed. But, there's a lot of issues at hand and much of the strength of the posturing that should have been evident seems to be AWOL in this TA.

There were many issues not dealt with that the members asked for relief on that just dissolved into thin air.

And the part time workers waiting for the chance to get a full time just got hammered ... again.

There's nothing quite like being a pawn.
I think your a good men but we disagree on this issue. Respectfully I hope.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I liked Carey also but you need someone who realizes what is going on. I support the current General President and Secretary Treasurer but that's just me.
I spoke to a person today that said I read the on tract and I like it so tell me how we're getting screwed. That is the mentality of people today they they they're getting screwed all the time My opinion and what I told him was I think it's a good contract and he isn't getting screwed.
I also applaud Bubblehead for his efforts for being a steward. He has filed several grievances and I truly think he cares which is what we need in the union. But I find it interesting and disappointing when someone is unhappy about what someone else did and they voice their opinion, it's ok but when someone else voices their opinion about them they can't take it. It is a 2 way street. Change is needed and part of it is starting to trust the leadership at the IBT. In my opinion

The only problem I have with you that you continue to give clues as to my identity on this site.
You can have your opinions and you should own them.
I'm not sure how I can keep you from them?
I don't want to, as opinions are the backbone of this site.
But make no mistake, they are fair game when you post them.
My identity, on the other hand, is not supposed to be fair game.
At work I am most certainly out in front of my thoughts and opinions, which is my choice.
On this site I choose to be anonymous, which you chose not to respect.
This is a place that I have been coming to for years to unwind, learn about all that is UPS and hone my writing skills.
This is truly a great place to practice being a steward.
Thanks for taking a giant crap on it for me.

Stonefish

The only problem I have with you that you continue to give clues as to my identity on this site.
You can have your opinions and you should own them.
I'm not sure how I can keep you from them?
I don't want to, as opinions are the backbone of this site.
But make no mistake, they are fair game when you post them.
My identity, on the other hand, is not supposed to be fair game.
At work I am most certainly out in front of my thoughts and opinions, which is my choice.
On this site I choose to be anonymous, which you chose not to respect.
This is a place that I have been coming to for years to unwind, learn about all that is UPS and hone my writing skills.
This is truly a great place to practice being a steward.
Thanks for taking a giant crap on it for me.

I think I finally got my point across to you.
Now I think you get it.
Since that happened (I hope) I will try not to do it again.
Thanks for your attention.

C

chuchu

You mean my black Jesus avatar?? That's a whole different story my friend from Ohio.
Couldn't tell what racial background the picture was from but it doesn't matter to me.

I am pretty sure it doesn't matter what his homeland background was as much as where he resides now.

Jesus is coming back....
and i think He's hacked off.:(!

C

chuchu

Now, 407 friend, you know I'm just picking on you a little:)

Not too much tho...I know you can get wicked when provoked.

Don't be calling me N..ncy.:)