Local 710 - how are you voting

How are you voting?

• For

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Against

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Ron Carey lives on

Im sure Ups would give u a raise if you non-union? Wtf are you smoking? Raises are negotiated. If you want to no, vote no, but don't act Ups is going to give anything

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

The votes cast here are 4 for, 6 no. So this will pass pretty easy, since there seems to be more negativity on contracts here on BC than in real world UPS. IMO

nayrsiem

The votes cast here are 4 for, 6 no. So this will pass pretty easy, since there seems to be more negativity on contracts here on BC than in real world UPS. IMO
So true. The vocal few are here. The silent majority (even though most don't vote) will win out and pass it by a relatively large margin.

babboo25

Banned
Got my ballot today! Didn't take me long to market it no and put it back in the mail.
What do you hope to accomplish by voting no? Are you willing to strike? Don't vote no just out of spite. Our building of 80 is 99% yes except for 1 miserable person who hates his job. International will implement this contract, thus taking away 710's right for a separate contract.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What do you hope to accomplish by voting no? Are you willing to strike? Don't vote no just out of spite. Our building of 80 is 99% yes except for 1 miserable person who hates his job. International will implement this contract, thus taking away 710's right for a separate contract.
Then why have a separate contract if you have to vote yes to keep it?

Markey11

Realbrown1 I'm glad your independently wealthy. Could you give us your specific reasons for voting no? Retiree health care cost? Didn't you see what they would be paying for their insurance under an "Obama Care" plan. I did, it's over $1300 a month with a $12,600 deductible! Not lying, do it yourself. My reasons for voting yes... house payment, car payment, cool phone payment, cable payment power payment,and open and on. Nice fat back pay. My $1.40 raise. Yeah our heathcare isn't quite as good I think, but that's happening anyway, sooo.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Why be unreasonable to a fair contract? You deserve better healthcare than the rest of the country?
If the rest of the country chose to accept inferior heath care, then yes.
My western conference chose to fight going into teamcare.
If you are not willing to fight, what do you expect you will get?

babboo25

Banned
Yes I'm in 710. Why did it have to happen sooner or later? We could have kept our old plan had the Democrats not "fixed" it.
But voting down this contract isn't going to get our old insurance back. Our union wants this and so does UPS. I don't disagree with you, I just think the battle is over, for now anyways.

Atomic_Smurf

UPS wanted out of the healthcare business whether there was Obamacare or not.
Not true.

As I said in another post, both sides of the negotiation table sited the new healthcare law as a problem at the beginning of negotiations. UPSs first offer wasn't to get out of the insurance business but to have us pay $30/$60/$90 a week to keep our current insurance. The ACA has made our prized benefit a liability.

Atomic_Smurf

But voting down this contract isn't going to get our old insurance back. Our union wants this and so does UPS. I don't disagree with you, I just think the battle is over, for now anyways.
True. Its lost at this point but they don't need to go back to the table to change the $400month retiree screw job. That's 100% the unions doing.