Local 710 - how are you voting

How are you voting?

• For

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Against

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Realbrown1 I'm glad your independently wealthy. Could you give us your specific reasons for voting no? Retiree health care cost? Didn't you see what they would be paying for their insurance under an "Obama Care" plan. I did, it's over $1300 a month with a $12,600 deductible! Not lying, do it yourself. My reasons for voting yes... house payment, car payment, cool phone payment, cable payment power payment,and open and on. Nice fat back pay. My $1.40 raise. Yeah our heathcare isn't quite as good I think, but that's happening anyway, sooo.
How long have you been at UPS?

710 steward

Agreed, Teamcare is here to stay. In theory the Teamsters should be able to do healthcare cheaper as there are more Teamsters than UPS employees. Whether that statement holds true or not remains to be seen.

Atomic_Smurf is correct. UPS did in fact start negotiations with them as the healthcare provider. The reason why the Teamsters took it over is because with the new and possible upcoming changes in pension laws they need to still have a reason to exist. Let's face it that's millions running through the system if pension laws seriously change to the detriment of the Teamster brass.

Reasons to vote no. Too many to list. Individual bargaining on paid days is one. If one wants less than 8 hours they have the right to forgo their 8 hour guarantee. That's just opening the door for part time package car drivers. Retirement is another. I understand there can't be a pension increase but there are fair ways to split the $40 annual weekly increase for retirement. I think it's unreasonable to pay in access of $500 weekly into a fund and expect to get nothing in return. Neither should anyone fee that way. The last thing any of you deserve is to work for 30 years and get 50% pay for money that would have made you a millionaire.

For those voting yes my question is other than back pay where do you believe you are gaining in this contract? If you can't answer that question then why are you voting yes?

Last edited:

Markey11

30 years. And 710 steward I guess $3.90 in raises. Better vacation payouts. Is it perfect.. No. I guess I'm old school, when the negotiating committee says that's the best they can do, then you vote for it. If they say it sucks then vote no. If you think the leadership sucks then you should get rid of them. Or is that what a no vote will do. Ummm.

Markey11

Also I agree our pension does suck for the amount paid in. How can it be worked out to have that money put into an individual style account. Oh yeah it's billions of dollars and they can't let us dummy's have control of our earned money.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
30 years. And 710 steward I guess $3.90 in raises. Better vacation payouts. Is it perfect.. No. I guess I'm old school, when the negotiating committee says that's the best they can do, then you vote for it. If they say it sucks then vote no. If you think the leadership sucks then you should get rid of them. Or is that what a no vote will do. Ummm.
A new member at BC with over 30 years with the company. Interesting.
You asked if I was rich to be able to afford to be on strike. No, I am not.
You also stated you reasons for voting yes.
House payment.
Car payment.
Cool new phone payment.
Cable TV payment.
Electric bill payment.
And a nice fat retro payment.

Did I get those right?
Do you think that you are the only one with these type of bills?
Do you know what the term "COLLECTIVE BARGAINING" means?
Do you know how it works in principle?
How to gain the most advantage from it?

Because you sound like a "ME-STER".
Only interested in your own problems.

If there was only ME-STERS 100 years ago in America, there wouldn't be any unions today. Think about it.

710 steward

Markey

That's just it, it's not the best they can do for us. Believe it or not, I'm not asking for a better financial package from UPS. What I am saying that a portion of the annual weekly increases could go straight into our 401k's. It's right thing to do for those keeping the fund alive.

I'm old school too but sometimes change is necessary. If we were allowed $15 of the annual $40 to place into our 401k's this contract passes by a landslide.

710 steward

It had to happen sooner or later

Baboon

I purposely skipped this post to avoid my mindless dribble from you. This is the all time dumbest post or reason to vote yes on anything. Am I miserable? No. Do you really think it's fair for over $500 a week into a pension fund that only pays $2800 a month. Just in case you can't add and I doubt you can, that's over $2000 a month that UPS pays into the fund. That's .71 cents on the dollar for the monthly payout. Btw way that's for months with 4 weeks. The months that have 5 become over $2500 for $2800. If you think that's a great return on the money you work for that's great for you. I'd like to retire one day and believe my hard work and dedication paid off rather than watch everything I've worked for get squandered by those claiming to better our lives. If wanting better for all makes me a miserable person then so be it. I'd rather be miserable than a stupid. Happiness can be fixed. You can't fix stupid, baboon.

babboo25

Banned
Hey lets meet and discuss this over a beer, I really doubt you would call me stupid in person but lets give it a shot? You up for it?

babboo25

Banned
Game

Exactly correct. Guys who aren't smart enough to debate but think somehow they'll bully their way to winning the debate. I never started it with this piece of work.
Your no vote campaign started this, all you do is complain. You think your entitled to awesome benefits AND great pay. You expect union to give you a fat pension and increase your 401k for you. Guys like you give Our union a bad name. Again name the place anonymous steward

HollandMan73

710 Steward is correct....for the amount of money being paid into the pension....the monthly payout BLOWS! Heck....by next contract the weekly pension contribution is going to EXCEED the monthly payout! Put the money in my 401k!

Markey11

That's because I think things like these sites and :censored2: like Facebook screw everything up. Gets everyone pissed at each other. Don't bother answering your a dick. I'm out[emoji90]