Local 804: New Preload/Helper 22.3s

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some of our higher seniority drivers, as well as some lower, would be all over a 22.3 like that. Hell, I'd work the preload if I were next to the girl in the article. And if I were single. :wink2:

Chill man, she's mine! :) I wouldn't prefer it over a package deliver driver position. I think we all know the future of 22.3 jobs - layoff around the corner.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
150 jobs within 12 buildings? I guess thats something. 2 article 22 jobs have just gone up for bid in my building....I signed them but there's a few people ahead of me....may not have a chance, we shall see!

Overpaid Union Thug

Well, at least we know where 150/500 new jobs went.

Almost 2,000 people working out of my hub and we haven't seen a legitimate 22.3 bid since probably 2006.

Our little extended center could easily have three but we don't. I amazes me how some buildings seem to get taken care of and others are just treated like dirt when it comes to certain things. That depends heavily on a building's manager and quality of the steward(s) working there. There are other buildings in this local that are even smaller than mine but have more 22.3s and feeder runs.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
150 jobs within 12 buildings? I guess thats something. 2 article 22 jobs have just gone up for bid in my building....I signed them but there's a few people ahead of me....may not have a chance, we shall see!

"May"? You won't have a chance unless those people with higher seniority don't want them. All it takes when is a pulse and seniority to get one of these jobs. Who did you go to to find out how many 22 are going to be created? My steward is as useless as an empty bottle. Don't know why the loser just doesnt resign.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They run drivers helper all year in my building. I swear to god if I don't get one of these 22 jobs and I later see them taking out preloaders out on the road with less seniority than me, I will be filing grievances like there is no tomorrow. Word on my dead grandpa.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Our little extended center could easily have three but we don't. I amazes me how some buildings seem to get taken care of and others are just treated like dirt when it comes to certain things. That depends heavily on a building's manager and quality of the steward(s) working there. There are other buildings in this local that are even smaller than mine but have more 22.3s and feeder runs.

Without going into too much detail, we're owed almost 50 22.3 jobs that have been vacated by promotions to driving, retirements, terminations, and deaths. I was hoping we'd get some national master or supplemental language at least keeping 22.3 jobs within the same local in which they were created, but that was scrapped from the NMA proposals early and I never saw any of it in our supplement.

There's a National 22.3 committee jointly run by IBT/UPS that I know virtually nothing about, but I'm fairly sure that the decisions to authorize/allocate any new FT jobs (Package Car/Feeders/22.3) are made at the corporate/IBT package division director level.

Those decisions are being made so far above the division manager level that individual stewards (or even business agents) would have a minimal say in those jobs.

oldngray

nowhere special
PP607.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Without going into too much detail, we're owed almost 50 22.3 jobs that have been vacated by promotions to driving, retirements, terminations, and deaths. I was hoping we'd get some national master or supplemental language at least keeping 22.3 jobs within the same local in which they were created, but that was scrapped from the NMA proposals early and I never saw any of it in our supplement.

There's a National 22.3 committee jointly run by IBT/UPS that I know virtually nothing about, but I'm fairly sure that the decisions to authorize/allocate any new FT jobs (Package Car/Feeders/22.3) are made at the corporate/IBT package division director level.

Those decisions are being made so far above the division manager level that individual stewards (or even business agents) would have a minimal say in those jobs.
True but when you see one building with multiple 22.3s and another with none and it has more work available than the one with the 22.3s its obvious that some buildings are better at playing politics than others.

Sent using BrownCafe App