Local 804 Tentative Agreement

804brown

If his name isn't O'Brian or Hall it ain't gonna happen.

I think talking about the NEXT GP is abit crazy right now. HOWEVER, I do think Tim has what it takes. He was very close to Ron Carey. He learned alot from the man. He thinks outside the box and has some really smart and committed guys working with him. Hall is only as good as the man above him. He excelled under Ron and has underperformed under Hoffa. I do not see him EVER becoming president!!

Returntosender

Ok I see a Huge jam. Anyway, that didn't answer my question.
How many do you have to sort in a shift to be considered a High Volume sorter? Do these people get paid more based on their local agreement?
I never heard of high volume sorter myself. Perhaps poster ment high value sorter?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Most outbound belts have three pickoff spots - two "higher" spots that receive ALL of the belt's volume (HVD). The "strong side" HVD pick-off is responsible for picking off most of the flow and the "weak side" HVD pick-off is responsible for setting up the "back wall" and sorting for the single low visual display (LVD) pick-off. Both are skilled jobs.

Evil

If his name isn't O'Brian or Hall it ain't gonna happen.

Are you talking about that 3rd generation Teamsters Sean "the Wonder Boy" O'Brian, who's family has been linked to organized and who didn't endorse Hoffa until he was promised that Local 82, its members and union dues were gonna be merged into his shady Local 25? This off course was done without the approval of Local 82 members. The Wonder Boy is part of the same lies hall and the rest of the management kiss-asses at the rally were serving.

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
My local is posting on local 804 website that this is the biggest pension increase in 804 history. But not so, the biggest was $800 when we went from $2800 to $3600 . Its NO for me

Agitator2

1/1/ 2013 - Retiree Med. $ 635.00 per month 1/1/2017 - Retiree Med. $ 929.69 That is a difference of 295.00 more per month. So that means our pension raise over the next 4 years is really only $ 105.00. Hahahahaha Oh by the way where is the arbitration decision on the retiree health care cost.

804brown

My local is posting on local 804 website that this is the biggest pension increase in 804 history. But not so, the biggest was $800 when we went from $2800 to $3600 . Its NO for me

Actually, in 2002 our pension went from 3300 to 3600. No on the National vote and Yes on the supplemental!!

bigrig

this is what fellow teamster with local 988 has been talkin about since the vague information hit many websites including this one. They are offering local 988 3200.00 and 3400.00 in 2017 we believe we should be we local 804 is with 3900.00 to 4000.00 or just under that great for you guys i hope our membership turns down this sorry best offer send them back to give us better deal like you guys are fighting for.

Agitator2

Hey brown, why the brown out, why have we not seen the WHOLE AGREEMENT. And tell me, is this pension raise a guarantee, is going to be in writing. I don't think so. Only the trustees of the fund can raise the pension. What happens if god forbid the market tanks again the trustees would have to comply with the pension protection act. I hope they were smart enough to get guaranteed funding to fund this proposed increase. And what about part time package car drivers. I hope they negotiated overtime protection for the full timers because with part timers kiss your OT goodbye.

Inthegame

Hey brown, why the brown out, why have we not seen the WHOLE AGREEMENT. And tell me, is this pension raise a guarantee, is going to be in writing. I don't think so. Only the trustees of the fund can raise the pension. What happens if god forbid the market tanks again the trustees would have to comply with the pension protection act. I hope they were smart enough to get guaranteed funding to fund this proposed increase. And what about part time package car drivers. I hope they negotiated overtime protection for the full timers because with part timers kiss your OT goodbye.
Congratulations, You're getting closer to a viable post, but a contract is guaranteed funding, unless UPS goes belly up. 804Brown doesn't control IBT information and L 804 leadership will know the National Agreement next Tuesday, like every other local. You have meetings scheduled Dexter, show up.

Agitator2

Congratulations, You're getting closer to a viable post, but a contract is guaranteed funding, unless UPS goes belly up. 804Brown doesn't control IBT information and L 804 leadership will know the National Agreement next Tuesday, like every other local. You have meetings scheduled Dexter, show up.

I will be there with bells on. And the only thing the contract guarantees is the 1.00 per hour negotiated by the IBT. I guarantee you the pension raises will not be in writing. If the fund tanks because of wall street all UPS will have to put into the fund is the 1.00 per hour. And that my friend will not be enough to fund the increase if the fund falls into the red zone. So please before you open your mouth know what your talking about. And don't forget the 10% yearly increase to your retiree health care. Like someone said before A PIG WITH LIPSTICK IS STILL A PIG AT THE END OF THE DAY.