Local 804 UPS-BC members

local804

Anyone from the BC going to any of the 804 Members United meetings in July?
If so, let me know and we will meet.

Post here or PM me if attending.

scoobypanda

I am thinking about going. Do you know any other guys from out east that are going? Would like to carpool at $4.29/gallon yknow?

local804

I am thinking about going. Do you know any other guys from out east that are going? Would like to carpool at $4.29/gallon yknow?

Scooby
There is one in Queens on Saturday and one Sunday in Nassau County in Levittown. What part of the Island do you live in?

scoobypanda

Way north and way east, near port jefferson. If I can go, it will be sunday in hempstead. The city is about 6 gallons away and my station went up to $4.31 today.

scoobypanda

The ba's wont be there, this is the revolt movement to oust fat lazy content has beens. Time for new blood in 804.
wow.....how did 804 piss you off all the way out in illinois? I wanted to check out the meeting, now I'm wondering if it will be full of monday morning quarterback,mis-placed venom,sideline stone throwing whiners with no real plans for change except getting themselves elected. Maybe I should sleep in sunday after all.

705red

Browncafe Steward
wow.....how did 804 piss you off all the way out in illinois? I wanted to check out the meeting, now I'm wondering if it will be full of monday morning quarterback,mis-placed venom,sideline stone throwing whiners with no real plans for change except getting themselves elected. Maybe I should sleep in sunday after all.

I have ups friends in 804 and what really pissed me off is when you guys got your pension cut. You remember when howie promised that he didnt care what the national did 804 was going to strike ups for sabotaging the trustee vote. That really stirred up the local and support for him. What did he do next and i saw the video of the contract proposal meeting when he stated "its not a great contract, its not a good contract, but its a fair contract" he was all talk. He even turned the mic off on the members as they were speaking. Now thats what i call fat lazy and content.

Go to your meeting! I get frustrated when people (union officials) forget the reason they are in power. Im not made because howie didnt strike im pissed because he didnt have the stones to call it as he saw it.

This isnt the late 70s 80s or early 90s were you have to kiss but and do what your told to to stay working for the union. We our lucky that we have language were we can go back to our original jobs if the union gig doesnt workout. That was put in by carey early 90s so you could step up against the wrongs that were going on without fear of having no employment to fall back on.It was to right the ship and hold people accountable.

local804

804 Members United will be holding the meeting. Might be a good idea to get your ass out of bed and attend. Knowledge is power and we all need to know more than we know. Dont complain when you have no pension and have to pay plenty into your bennies.Btw what center you from Scooby?

scoobypanda

Why is there so much tension on this thread? I am a big fan of knowledge and power, it's good stuff. There's no reason to get snippy. I am from 1183 to answer mr 804 and I try to save my energy for fighting with U.P.S instead of other Teamsters to answer mr 705. If I am not happy I can vote for someone else, I don't have to attack fellow Teamsters on a public discussion board.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why is there so much tension on this thread? I am a big fan of knowledge and power, it's good stuff. There's no reason to get snippy. I am from 1183 to answer mr 804 and I try to save my energy for fighting with U.P.S instead of other Teamsters to answer mr 705. If I am not happy I can vote for someone else, I don't have to attack fellow Teamsters on a public discussion board.

I apoligize if you feel that i have attacked you, that was not my intent.

If you were speaking of your current leadership that i have attacked i will not apoligize. I will not stand by and allow bad leadership at ups or within the teamsters. If we the members refuse to hold people accountable then we have only ourselves to blame.

local804

Scooby,
You dont have to refer to me as Mr, lets leave that for my boss. Hope to see you Sunday.
btw sent you a pm.