Local 804

noshownocall

Soon to be 4 once Liam puts his together

Members have to be smart this Election, with possibly 4 slates running anything can happen. But the worst thing would be is to have our current Executive board win again, which is a good possibility if we split our 2/3 votes of disapproval of our current board.

Did we not learn from the last election, whats wrong here, We all know from the last election what happened, Bills selfish slate screwed the members, and this also showed that more members wanted Tim and the useless out of office, Yes we split the those votes and gave Tim a victory thanks to Bill and his last turncoat turncoat picks.

Now it looks like everyone thinks they could run for office again and pull in all the votes to win. Odds are its not gonna happen, and they know that. If these so called 3 slates really cared about 804 they would unite and form 1 super slate. Yes!!! in unity there is strength. Swallow your selfishness pride, unite as 1 slate, as I know you all know and work together. Show the members of 804 how unity works. Form 1 super slate, this is the only way to ensure the future of 804. I call on all slates running this election to meet and make a decision. Rise up for the members. Those who must step down must do it for the members. This would show great pride, unity and strength not only to the members but to the company. We must not be divided in this battle, together we will win the and send our current Board out of our great local that they have destroyed.

If the slates dont figure this out on there own, I call on all members to vote a cast vote before the election on this forum on each member running for office, and those with the most votes should be individually voted for on the ballet. We the members can come together united and pick a great new board by voting for our future, by picking the strongest Executive who will fight for we the members.

I know 90% of the 3 slates know each other very well, they can work together as one team. And those who step down will be thanked and praised in there effort to build a strong Local 804 again.

804 member

You think you have the power to pull all the votes together to pick the new board?

If they guys couldn't work it out over the last 3 years and combine what makes it a good idea to put a mixture of them in office together?
You would then have a slate that hates each other and won't communicate, sounds like our current board, doesn't it?

804brown

Why didnt the 2 slates that ran against Tim's slate join forces in 2012?? For the same reasons they will not join forces today: one slate, Eddie' slate, is seen by Bill's slate as being too inexperienced while the other slate, Bill's slate, is seen as Old Guard and old news. Another reason is ego.
Nevertheless, Members United will win re-election. This is not a change election. In 2009, there was a feeling that change was needed: the old board gave up fighting, they gave themselves huge salaries, they supported Hoffa and his concessionary contracts and mishandled our funds.
In 2012, the old guard had their chance to defeat Tim and Members United. They were only in 3 yrs and were still getting their footing. But those 2 opposition slates couldnt come together and Members United got re-elected. Since then Tim has negotiated us a fine supplement that delivered on many of their promises. Plus the Funds have been handled in a responsible and reasonable manner. That makes me sleep well at night. I for one will not go back to those "bad old days".

cafelatte

Tim and company are doing a fine job. In the past few years we've seen more employees get walked off the job, management harassment is way up, peek a boo with business agents(now you see me, now you don't), last chance agreements implementation. WTF is a last chance agreement. Can we just call it I'm a lazy union rep so just sign here. You got your job back but since I clearly couldn't do my job and help you or educate you in the 1st place, definitely don't expect me to ever do it for you

cafelatte

Tim's show also watched shop stewards get walked off. This is your front line of defense. That should never happen. Illegally remove safety committees

804brown

Tim and company are doing a fine job. In the past few years we've seen more employees get walked off the job, management harassment is way up, peek a boo with business agents(now you see me, now you don't), last chance agreements implementation. WTF is a last chance agreement. Can we just call it I'm a lazy union rep so just sign here. You got your job back but since I clearly couldn't do my job and help you or educate you in the 1st place, definitely don't expect me to ever do it for you
I dont like last chance agreements either but they have been around for years. I do know that recently a BA got someone back AFTER he screwed up on a last chance agreement.
More members get walked off because now our ENTIRE local is subject to the intense use of technology. That is language that needs fixing in the national contract as well as a more specific definition of "dishonesty".

My BA show s ups at least 2 times in the morning and once or twice a week at night. He is very methodical and on the case.

804brown

Tim's show also watched shop stewards get walked off. This is your front line of defense. That should never happen. Illegally remove safety committees
The 2 stewards were fired for participating in a work stoppage called by their BA. The company couldn't fire Dave so they went after the stewards who got their jobs back in arbitration. The E/B also hired the stewards to work in the hall which included visiting buildings while their case moved through the arbitration process.
Regardless, it was deemed that Dave jumped the gun a bit on the work stoppage. But he was re-elected by the membership in 2012. The members have spoken on that incident.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What's wrong with you?? Did you read those words in my post?? NO!! But then again you and your ohio buddy peddle fiction on here morning , noon and night.
The only fiction being peddled is thinking your local is happy with the current local president.

804brown

The only fiction being peddled is thinking your local is happy with the current local president.
I heard the same crap on here 3 years ago. As for being "happy", members are never happy. But we do appreciate when our elected officials show up and tell us the truth and deliver on a contract. We appreciate that they are not corrupt and arent in bed with management. You and your sidekick are not from our local and therefore have no clue what the sentiment is in our local. What you hear is from the opposition who do NOT represent the will of this local. They represent the failed policies of the former board. They had their day. They got cocky and arrogant and lazy and we voted them out by a 2 to 1 margin. Dont believe the hype. Members United will be re-elected.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I heard the same crap on here 3 years ago. As for being "happy", members are never happy. But we do appreciate when our elected officials show up and tell us the truth and deliver on a contract. We appreciate that they are not corrupt and arent in bed with management. You and your sidekick are not from our local and therefore have no clue what the sentiment is in our local. What you hear is from the opposition who do NOT represent the will of this local. They represent the failed policies of the former board. They had their day. They got cocky and arrogant and lazy and we voted them out by a 2 to 1 margin. Dont believe the hype. Members United will be re-elected.
STILL waiting on a member to come forward and thank Tim for getting the 250 back to work.