Local 89 Executive Board Recommend NO Vote On UPS TA!

Evil

The biggest UPS Hub in the nation recommends a no vote!

Among others issues with the proposed agreement, the following changes and additions motivated the motion to reject:

Economic

• The raises contained in the agreement, both hourly and mileage rates, fall below the guaranteed increases in the 2008-13 Contract.
  • There has been no solid information on how the move from the company health plans to Central States will affect members.
  • There are no pension increases in the first four years. The fifth year contains an increase of only $5.00.
  • The 4-year progression contained in the proposed agreement is entirely unacceptable to members moving into full-time positions.
  • The penalty pay language contained in Article 17 is concessionary, raising the dollar amount on pay shortages.
  • There are no protections on full-time positions.
  • The starting wage continues to be substandard and continues to subject our newest members to poverty.

Non-Economic

• 9.5 language falls very short of fixing the problem and does not protect members with less than four years of seniority.
  • The proposed Article 37 language does nothing to fix harassment issues.
  • Article 14 language will result in job loss for members who cannot return to work in three years.
  • The problems with Surepost have not been fully addressed. Package Car routes will continue to be depleted.

Teamsters Local 89

over9five

Staff member
Re: Local 89 recommends no vote to members in central region

How can this be???? I read all locals unanimously endorsed the TA...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

How can this be???? I read all locals unanimously endorsed the TA...

The leaders did, the members NO.

NONE of the locals held a meeting with the membership to gauge the members opinions before heading to washington and voting for the TA.

Some STILL wont hold a meeting, like 396 for example.

They praying for stupidity and members who will vote without considering what they are voting for.

Peace

TOS

opie

Finally a local that recognizes this subpar TA. Will they have enough pull to sway the vote? I wonder how many members they have.

smart girl

No it was spin to take to members. Who in their right mind would think this was something anyone would consider without facts and numbers? Would you sign on for a car loan or mortgage with terms to possibly change? We are signing a 5 yr deal.

Delivered

Hopefully more locals follow suit....

Teamsters Local 89

Evil

Local 89 has the largest hub in the nation in Louisville Kentucky. I believe it has over 7,000 members.

TimeForChange

Hey Hoffa, "unanimously" works both ways. Regarding the NO recommendation as written in the story printed by Local 89, "The motion was unanimously approved by all 77 stewards in attendance."

The link derf3733 posted for the story by Local 89 is for mobile devices (less graphics). Here is the story for desktops and laptops:

http://www.teamsters89.com/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=291531

Last edited:

RealPerson

Doesn't local 89 represent the single largest group of ups pt employees in the US?

Someone said 9200 members, but just like how the Union used spin. That doesn't mean all of them will vote NO.

The importnat thing is the leaders and all 77 stewards are voting No and will talk to the other members..

smart girl

Yep and believe it or not the pt get it now. They have been denied too long.

TimeForChange

Then there are also rank and filers (these are from Philadelphia) expressing their opinions:

I got that photo from the Vote No on UPS Contract page on facebook. So far, 1,200 people have joined the group, although not every single one is necessarily a UPS Teamster and is planning on voting no.

This one makes a point :)

In the can.jpg
In the can.jpg

Last edited:

Local 89 has the largest hub in the nation in Louisville Kentucky. I believe it has over 7,000 members.
The biggest is cach with 8000 to 9000 members(Ft). If the get on board then you could see a chain reaction. I know that 177 members like the supplement. But the master is like peeling a onion, and the more it's peeling the more we are seeing it's not looking good

The biggest is cach with 8000 to 9000 members(Ft). If the get on board then you could see a chain reaction. I know that 177 members like the supplement. But the master is like peeling a onion, and the more it's peeling the more we are seeing it's not looking good
I was wrong cach is the largest sorting Facility where world port is a air hub. Worldport has 20,000 workers and 40% give or take are union. So it's neck and neck with cach on union members.

teamsturz

When I heard there was a tentative agreement I went DIRECTLY TO Article 37 - SPECIFICALLY Harrassment! As a Steward, I basically WASTED my Saturday time listing to Hall and Hoffa GUARENTEE that the relentless, daily, ridiculous, often laughable!! - harassment of ALL UPS employees was GOING to be addressed. "NO IMPROVEMENT TO THE HARRASSMENT LANGUAGE?!?!?... NO IS MY VOTE!!"..... (Same sign I have been hanging in the window of my personal vehicle on the UPS lot since I read it!!). ALL I want out of THIS contract, is that they LEAVE US ALONE! to make their BILLIONS for them....... THAT'S it!!-Keep the benefits/SCREW the money that they throw at us EVERY time! ABSOLUTE NO!!!!!!, & will NOT attend the Contract explanation meeting (first time in my career!).....NOT interested in wasting MORE of my time! SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE!.......or WE walk(PERIOD)!