Local 952 wins again! Bye bye TDU!

LagunaBrown

So a 30 year full time driver will have well over $3million contributed on their behalf?
If they live 30 subsequent years, how much will they realize in pension benefits.
Is that TDU math? Better re-read it again. Is that why they call you bubblehead? All that air in there.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Is that TDU math? Better re-read it again. Is that why they call you bubblehead? All that air in there.
I did correct it to $600,000, before the ink dried (2 mins later) and you sat on that?
I don't blame you for using that as a diversion, rather than answering the question.

What type of return does a 30 year driver get on that money over a 30 year retirement?
(Very few manage to draw a pension for 30 years, btw.)

Somebody's getting fat on that money, and it isn't the retirees.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My point, while trying to do this math in my head, while typing on a phone is this; give me that $600,000 and I will bury it in my backyard and do much better with it than our pensions have or will.

LagunaBrown

My point, while trying to do this math in my head, while typing on a phone is this; give me that $600,000 and I will bury it in my backyard and do much better with it than our pensions have or will.
While that is your opinion more savy members can look online rather than burry it in their backyard. The link is:

http://www.wctpension.org/

You can see how the fund is managed, acrual rates, actuary notes, and peer 80 (early retirement) information. There are also 401k comparisons for guys like Realbrown1. I hope you you represent your members better than you give advise.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Check out this "TDU math".

By your numbers, the company could offer a dollar for dollar match, up to the $18,000 annual max in a 401k plan and save at least $2,500 per employee.

Provided that my TDU calculator is accurate, if an driver takes advantage of this program and maxes out each year, they would have over $1 million without even realizing a penny of interest over that 30 years (burying it in my backyard).

Realize an average of 6% investing it (which is reasonable and the standard), compounded over 30 years, and you would have an enormous amount of money that I can't calculate on what's left of my lunch break.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While that is your opinion more savy members can look online rather than burry it in their backyard. The link is:

http://www.wctpension.org/

You can see how the fund is managed, acrual rates, actuary notes, and peer 80 (early retirement) information. There are also 401k comparisons for guys like Realbrown1. I hope you you represent your members better than you give advise.
Are they savvy, or are they sleepwalking?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Are they savvy, or are they sleepwalking?
What LagunaBrown fails to mention is that we will probably have $2.25 pension increases in this contact diverted to our inferior healthcare plan.

At the end of this contract we will have lost approximately $13,000.00 in lost pension contributions.

And that will be $13,000.00 a year lost each and every year after.

And we will never get that money back.

Why are H and his supporters so OK with taking concessions from UPS, when UPS profits keep going higher and the CEO of UPS is getting a $35,000,000.00 performance bonus.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Check out this "TDU math".

By your numbers, the company could offer a dollar for dollar match, up to the $18,000 annual max in a 401k plan and save at least $2,500 per employee.

Provided that my TDU calculator is accurate, if an driver takes advantage of this program and maxes out each year, they would have over $1 million without even realizing a penny of interest over that 30 years (burying it in my backyard).

Realize an average of 6% investing it (which is reasonable and the standard), compounded over 30 years, and you would have an enormous amount of money that I can't calculate on what's left of my lunch break.
And pretty much everybody wouldn't have to worry about their pension fund going broke like CSPF and other Teamster Pension Funds.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What LagunaBrown fails to mention is that we will "probably" have $2.25 pension increases in this contact diverted to our inferior healthcare plan.

At the end of this contract we will have lost approximately $13,000.00 in lost pension contributions.

And that will be $13,000.00 a year lost each and every year after.

And we will never get that money back.

Why are H and his supporters so OK with taking concessions from UPS, when UPS profits keep going higher and the CEO of UPS is getting a $35,000,000.00 performance bonus.
So you don't really have that yet?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The ballots have been out for 2 weeks.

Don't rest on your laurels.

Time, money, and face exposure (with a positive message) is all it takes.

If your slate message, is the standard TDU rhetoric....

You have already lost.

Save your money.

-Bug-
2 weeks and 3 days.

Inthegame

What type of return does a 30 year driver get on that money over a 30 year retirement?
(Very few manage to draw a pension for 30 years, btw.)

Somebody's getting fat on that money, and it isn't the retirees.
Contribution rates have risen dramatically over the last thirty years. In 1985, UPS was contributing only $50 per member per week (in 1975 $21 per week). So using today's numbers of $400 per week causes an inaccurate assumed total "pot".
In my case, I could have retired with over $36K per year benefit 10 years ago. I would have surpassed the total contribution UPS paid on my behalf in 5 years.
The new mortality tables have men living to their mid to upper 80's which means I could have drawn just under 1.2 ml on a 200K total "investment". And that's not considering the survivor benefit.
Anyway, the IRA angle is fine as another source of income with all the risk and responsibility on the individual. The negotiated pension is a group benefit, and when professionally and properly operated will last indefinitely. Union contracts normally negotiate on behalf of the group rather than the individual. It's why it's called a "union".