Local Election

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BrandonUPSER, Dec 14, 2013.

1. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

How long does it normally take to count the ballots for officers and business representatives in a local? Local 100 here. They started counting the ballots on Wednesday but I have heard nothing about the results.

2. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Call your local and ask them.

3. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

No answer.

4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

No one answers the phone? Or they don't have an answer for yourquestion

5. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

No one answers the phone. I guess I'll have to run by on Monday to find out.

6. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

It was an unusally close vote with a split E-board being elected after a recount. From memory here but I believe Sam B's group won three E-Board positions and two BA's. Should be announced on Monday.

7. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

As of 7:30 PM on Thursday, December 12th, 2013, here are the election results for the Teamsters Local 100 Election. (The elected officials are underlined.)

President

Dave Webster 572
    Butch Lewis 570
    Roger Pollack 136

Secretary-Treasurer

Sam Bucalo 507
    Jimmy Meyer 493
    John Hurley 148
    Robert Stapleton 127

Vice President

Ron Butts 557
    Bill Davis 544
    Will Johnson 161

Recording-Secretary

Mike Simonds 523
    Clifford Rollinson 517
    Ron Taylor 198

Trustees (top 3)

Linda Bloom 592
    Dave Couch 572
    Mike Lane 550
    Roger Smith 522
    Mike Land 517
    Jim Gilker 489
    Ronnie Bailey 173
    Ken Garrison 150
    Johnny Huth 138

Business Agents (top 4)

Al “Bud” Kroger 553
    Dave Hibbard 536
    Brian Sizemore 529
    Gary Abraham 503
    Ronnie Reece 502
    Tim Montgomery 494
    Dorian Stone 493
    Jeff Shields 464
    Mike Miles 303
    Tom Greer 169
    Bill Culberson 156
    Mike Smith 139
    Charlie Gibson 130

Hope this helps.

-Bug-

8. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

Thank you. The results are very interesting, especially the two votes separating Webster and Lewis for President.

9. Stonefish

Stonefish Well-Known Member

It is crazy how close it was. I expected Davis to win.

10. Inthegame

As was my hope. It appears the third slate, which had no chance of winning, has affected the outcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Stonefish

you gotta run like you're losing. Or you will.

12. Inthegame

Right, and I know the third slate has the right to run but I've seen too many elections that guys get nominated with no plan whatsoever and get a few votes from their friends. In most cases with three slates, the incumbents usually survive as the challengers "split" the dissident vote. Kinda wish a run off would occur when that scenario plays out when the results are this close. But I guess you get what you get...

13. Stonefish

Agreed. All it does it cost the local and the other people running more money when people run and don't have a chance. Although they do have the right to run they shouldn't just do it to cost money and keep the people that would be better in the job from being there.

14. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

The third slate, Voice, was made up of almost all freight guys, which most likely helped Bucalo and United Slate. First Slate has accused United Slate of setting up the Voice slate to split up the freight vote.

15. Stonefish

The problem with that is it is a risky move and it didn't help everyone on the slate if that's what they did. Run head to head and the winner win be selected by the members. I'm not in favor of the games.

16. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

I agree. If the accusations are true, it mostly likely cost Reece, a freight guy, the job as a business agent. But it most likely help knock out Butch Lewis as President.

17. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

I also expected a win for Davis. He is pretty popular here and was a strong supporter for the vote no movement, which was huge here in Local 100.

18. Stonefish

So what do you think of the new Prez?

19. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

I'm optimistic. I'll let his actions in the next few months to determine my opinion. I was not a fan of Lewis or Meyer.

20. Stonefish

I hope it works out. I hear there are hundreds of grievances waiting to be heard.