Local Election

AndUPSER

How long does it normally take to count the ballots for officers and business representatives in a local? Local 100 here. They started counting the ballots on Wednesday but I have heard nothing about the results.

Inthegame

How long does it normally take to count the ballots for officers and business representatives in a local? Local 100 here. They started counting the ballots on Wednesday but I have heard nothing about the results.
It was an unusally close vote with a split E-board being elected after a recount. From memory here but I believe Sam B's group won three E-Board positions and two BA's. Should be announced on Monday.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

As of 7:30 PM on Thursday, December 12th, 2013, here are the election results for the Teamsters Local 100 Election. (The elected officials are underlined.)

President

Dave Webster 572
Butch Lewis 570
Roger Pollack 136

Secretary-Treasurer

Sam Bucalo 507
Jimmy Meyer 493
John Hurley 148
Robert Stapleton 127

Vice President

Ron Butts 557
Bill Davis 544
Will Johnson 161

Recording-Secretary

Mike Simonds 523
Clifford Rollinson 517
Ron Taylor 198

Trustees (top 3)

Linda Bloom 592
Dave Couch 572
Mike Lane 550
Roger Smith 522
Mike Land 517
Jim Gilker 489
Ronnie Bailey 173
Ken Garrison 150
Johnny Huth 138

Business Agents (top 4)

Al “Bud” Kroger 553
Dave Hibbard 536
Brian Sizemore 529
Gary Abraham 503
Ronnie Reece 502
Tim Montgomery 494
Dorian Stone 493
Jeff Shields 464
Mike Miles 303
Tom Greer 169
Bill Culberson 156
Mike Smith 139
Charlie Gibson 130

Hope this helps.

-Bug-

Inthegame

you gotta run like you're losing. Or you will.
Right, and I know the third slate has the right to run but I've seen too many elections that guys get nominated with no plan whatsoever and get a few votes from their friends. In most cases with three slates, the incumbents usually survive as the challengers "split" the dissident vote. Kinda wish a run off would occur when that scenario plays out when the results are this close. But I guess you get what you get...

Stonefish

Right, and I know the third slate has the right to run but I've seen too many elections that guys get nominated with no plan whatsoever and get a few votes from their friends. In most cases with three slates, the incumbents usually survive as the challengers "split" the dissident vote. Kinda wish a run off would occur when that scenario plays out when the results are this close. But I guess you get what you get...
Agreed. All it does it cost the local and the other people running more money when people run and don't have a chance. Although they do have the right to run they shouldn't just do it to cost money and keep the people that would be better in the job from being there.

AndUPSER

The third slate, Voice, was made up of almost all freight guys, which most likely helped Bucalo and United Slate. First Slate has accused United Slate of setting up the Voice slate to split up the freight vote.

Stonefish

The third slate, Voice, was made up of almost all freight guys, which most likely helped Bucalo and United Slate. First Slate has accused United Slate of setting up the Voice slate to split up the freight vote.
The problem with that is it is a risky move and it didn't help everyone on the slate if that's what they did. Run head to head and the winner win be selected by the members. I'm not in favor of the games.

AndUPSER

The problem with that is it is a risky move and it didn't help everyone on the slate if that's what they did. Run head to head and the winner win be selected by the members. I'm not in favor of the games.

I agree. If the accusations are true, it mostly likely cost Reece, a freight guy, the job as a business agent. But it most likely help knock out Butch Lewis as President.