Local officals = used car salesman!!!

article22

Banned
Like a used car salesman trying to sell a lemon!! 90% of what tdu posted is facts!! Who in their right mind would vote yes on this pos proposal!!! Stand up for your future!!! VOTE NO!!!

rudy5150

Right on bro! This contract sucks! Harassment continues and unsafe work conditions....the list goes on and on. Wheres the union to back us?

undies

Its a proposal and all the details are not out, officially. As of right now, I agree, it looks bad. I will still wait for the official details and inform myself before making a FINAL decision.

UPS Preloader

Like a used car salesman trying to sell a lemon!! 90% of what tdu posted is facts!! Who in their right mind would vote yes on this pos proposal!!! Stand up for your future!!! VOTE NO!!!

Won't speak on the contact until it is release and I can make an educated decision. Until then I will withhold judgement. Regarding my Local Officials... I myself have the utmost trust and respect for them. (Local 340)

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
I agree contract does suck. My local, local 804 is posting on their website that this is the biggest pension increase in the history of any local 804 contract. Not true ! The biggest was when we went from $2800 to $3600, an increase of $800. This contract is a $300 increase. .??? :(

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Won't speak on the contact until it is release and I can make an educated decision. Until then I will withhold judgement. Regarding my Local Officials... I myself have the utmost trust and respect for them. (Local 340)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, with the little info that I have (from TDU), I am (so far) a yes vote. $37 an hour at the end of the contract, same level of health insurance as we have now, .50 a year into pension fund, part-time starting wage up to $10, that's a yes so far.
Waiting to see the rest before I make my final decision.

rudy5150

Yea the $37 only benefits current full time drivers. New hires had to get bumped to $10 an hour, hoffa and hall didnt have to fight for that. Ups had no choice cuz of minimum wage. The current part timers are the ones who are goin to suffer based on the TA. 4 yr progression to reach top wage. Thats a big concession. Also no catch up raise or bump in pay for the part timers. Total sellout by the union. Also less the stellar health benefits compared to now..copays etc..Why all these concessions with record profits?

stink219

Yea the $37 only benefits current full time drivers. New hires had to get bumped to $10 an hour, hoffa and hall didnt have to fight for that. Ups had no choice cuz of minimum wage. The current part timers are the ones who are goin to suffer based on the TA. 4 yr progression to reach top wage. Thats a big concession. Also no catch up raise or bump in pay for the part timers. Total sellout by the union. Also less the stellar health benefits compared to now..copays etc..Why all these concessions with record profits?
So now you don't want to fight for starting wage? Is this mass influx of contract crushers part of a TDU plot? Your saying minimum wage is going from $7.25 to $10? Your saying UPS proposed that? So now people are bitching because the union boosted a $1.50 in starting wage? We were sucking each others dix in 97 for $0.50. Watch somebody come out and say how in 97 that $0.50 was worth $657.00 today (insert jerkoff motion). If you are a current part timer, why would you fight for a big starting wage? Why fight for people who don't even have jobs yet? Why would you not focus your effort in a bigger wage increase for CURRENT part timers? Is there ANYTHING that you like in this contract so far?

balland chain

I agree contract does suck. My local, local 804 is posting on their website that this is the biggest pension increase in the history of any local 804 contract. Not true ! The biggest was when we went from $2800 to $3600, an increase of $800. This contract is a $300 increase. .??? :(
Now that is a good union.. Down south, we are the lowest receivers of a pension..I wish I were in 804 !!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
At our local membership meeting last weekend the way I understood the increase in payment for pension was that the company agreed to increase its payments to better fund the pension funds but not that individual pensions were increasing. I could have misunderstood but we'll find out soon.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Little off topic but does anyone know someone who has recently retired with 30 years within the western conference pension plan...wondering what they would receive per month??

browniehound

I haven't even seen the contract proposal but I will be voting yes and yes for 1 reason only. I will not be paying a dime for health insurance for my family. Do you guys understand how huge that is? It could have been $90/week or $4,680 a year after taxes!I got a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Sheild at the begining of this year that my premium cost 1,157 a month. Everybody that works in America is paying a portion of their health care. We are not and believe that's a huge victory for us and the union.

If you believe you deserve more because UPS is making $4 billion a year, then buy stock and become a part owner of a company that is profiting $4 billion a year

zLoader

I haven't even seen the contract proposal but I will be voting yes and yes for 1 reason only. I will not be paying a dime for health insurance for my family. Do you guys understand how huge that is? It could have been $90/week or $4,680 a year after taxes!I got a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Sheild at the begining of this year that my premium cost 1,157 a month. Everybody that works in America is paying a portion of their health care. We are not and believe that's a huge victory for us and the union.

If you believe you deserve more because UPS is making $4 billion a year, then buy stock and become a part owner of a company that is profiting $4 billion a year
SO... a company makes 1.5 billion more than the thought they were going to... it's ok to decrease their hardest workers standard of living? I heard from our rep that "UPS is getting out of the healthcare business but the union will provide benefits... but now you'll have co-pays and deductibles where you didn't with UPS's plan" ...that sounds like a decrease in pay to me. ...also what's to stop the union down the road from saying "Hey these benefits are more that we thought they'd cost so you guys are gonna have to kick in your $90/week or more". Is there something I'm missing because at a time of record profits it sounds like we're getting swindled.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

What good is free health insurance when they are trying to fire you for trivial things....I thought this constant harassment and micromanagement was the number 1 or 2 thing that the members wanted the committee to bring to the table...everyone knows it happens...its been happening for years..isn't it finally time to address it. I know it will never be perfect, but something needs to be done to help restrict it....we'll see when the ta becomes available.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

A huge victory? Perhaps. But this was a victory earned long ago. And the fact that we won't be paying for insurance in this contract is simply status quo. You're missing the bigger point here. Substitute our hourly wages for what we 'could' be paying for insurance and try making your point. So, should we give back money from our wages because "everybody in America" is doing this or that?

Again, again and again I've tried to make this point: we cannot--CANNOT--compare ourselves to other industries, other companies and other circumstances. It makes no sense. Yeah, we make good money and have strong benefits. So does our company. And to quote Nathan Arizona, "if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass-a-hopping".

Good thing you weren't negotiating on our behalf.