Localism

wkmac

"The ever worsening polarization of American politics—demonstrated and accentuated by the Trump victory—is now an undeniable fact of our daily life. Yet rather than allowing the guilty national parties to continue indulging political brinkmanship, we should embrace a strong, constitutional solution to accommodating our growing divide: a return to local control.

Such an approach would allow, within some limits, local constituencies to follow their own course, much as the Founding Fathers suggested, without shaking the fundamentals of the federal union. Localism, as I label this approach, would address the sentiments on both right and left by reversing the consolidation of central power in Washington.

What Americans across the political spectrum need to recognize is that centralizing power does not promote national unity, but ever harsher division.
"

How the Left and Right Can Learn to Love Localism: The Constitutional Cure for polarization

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I refer to it as a true Federal form of government where decisionmaking is pushed down to the affected individuals as possible.

At first I didn't care for the Localism moniker but it is catchy and captures the essence of the need.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds kind of hi own the Republican party of today started 20 years ago. Run locally, win, affect policy.