locked keys in truck

feeder53

ADKtrails
I too was taught to keep the keys on my finger and do, But after a couple of thorough pre-trips, I would find keys in the car hidden all over the place...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess Im lucky, I never put them down unless in ignition or in pocket. I have accidently left them in the ignition or the door if I get distracted by someone and they ruin my routine, d@#$ them. I have however left my diad behind, so now I wear it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
its either on my right pinky, or in my right rear pocket ( which is always kept empty of that reason ).
Last time I locked myself out was years ago in a P300 ( ford econoline van ).
Little did I know that all one has to do is keep pushing of the side vent window and it would pop open.

H

hseofpayne

I guess Im lucky, I never put them down unless in ignition or in pocket. I have accidently left them in the ignition or the door if I get distracted by someone and they ruin my routine, d@#$ them. I have however left my diad behind, so now I wear it.

I was crawling over the top of a bulked out load in my P700 one peak day and managed to drop my keys. I had to unload about half the middle of the car, and when I got to where I thought they were, I couldn't find 'em. I tore that car apart looking and if finally dawned on me they may have fallen into an open box at the bottom of my load. Sure enough, after about 30 minutes of looking, I found them in a half open box! I have left the DIAD on my bumper b4 and driven miles to the next stop, and there it was, still on the bumper!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive done that with a coffee cup, sat it on my personal truck bumper and its still there when I get to my destination.
Ive lost mine in a snow drift when Ive fallen, almost fell through a sewer grate, fell off my finger when banging on the head of a pit bull, but pocket or finger is the only place I put them.