Locked Thread

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stevetheupsguy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I understand that from time to time threads have to be moderated, some to the point of being locked. My question is, why was the I Promise, ( http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/i-promise-334908/index2.html ) thread locked? It seemed to be going alright and then all of a sudden it was locked. Was it a mistake, maybe? Maybe a moderator inadvertantly locked this thread? Can someone please check this out for me?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I just quickly went through the link Steve provided and found nothing IMO that should have closed it. I am also curious as to why it was closed.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I've unlocked a couple of locked threads lately. I'm starting to wonder if they're locking themselves..

4. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Perhaps we need to dig deeper. Maybe there's a cipher in that thread that when finished it could unleash something as strange as Freakazoid.

Or assume a mod is being goofy and trying to ruin good fun.

5. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Isn't there a moderation record that shows who preformed what moderation action? I know on other forums I've had mod access to there has been, but it might not be viewable by mods, but higher up in this case.

6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

That thread is unlocked now. I didn't see anything that was deleted out of it by the other mods, and I couldn't tell why it used to be locked. Post away.

7. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I opened it somehow, I saw nothing real bad, I think it was a flook. If I was in error, please relock, I could not tell who closed it.

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

OK scratch we both did it at 8:41, great minds think alike and work the same shift, LOL.

9. over9five

I beat you both. I unlocked that thread before.....!

10. stevetheupsguy

11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

the cows came home?

12. over9five

Well....I wouldn't call Scratch and Tooner cows....

13. Monkey Butt

You seen scratch's knees?

14. stevetheupsguy

Cool, maybe we can start a thread called, MOD WARS!

15. over9five

I seem to remember a post mentioning his "man-hooves"!

16. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

It gets pretty bad when a mod starts thinking about moderating other mods! Maybe this thread needs to be locked...

17. Monkey Butt

again!

18. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

This Sunday, join the Brown Cafe where the mods will slug it out in a no holds barred cage match to the death to determine the true Greatest Mod of all Time!!!

With special guest appearances by that lurker that no one knows about, the smug supervisor, the uppity driver, and the overconfident steward!

19. stevetheupsguy

20. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Why was the Robert Schimmel thread locked? Did it get out of control that fast or was he too controversial for BC?