Logistics

40andOut

Perhaps UPS Logistics will be the hardest hit by our reputation being destroyed. We need to have a sense of humor about it.

Any creative souls care to add verses to the "That's Logistics" song?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think they went into peak knowing there would be a certain amount of service failures. In the last few years I woiuld hear of drivers bringing back stops. This year a combination of a slow news day and Amazon's publicity stunt with the drones blew our failure out of preportion. Whether the problems at Amazon and UPS get fixed is highly doubtful. The change in UPS's priorities did not happen over night.

tacken

I think they went into peak knowing there would be a certain amount of service failures. In the last few years I woiuld hear of drivers bringing back stops. This year a combination of a slow news day and Amazon's publicity stunt with the drones blew our failure out of preportion. Whether the problems at Amazon and UPS get fixed is highly doubtful. The change in UPS's priorities did not happen over night.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
A whole new overhaul of the system is in the works at corporate. Running more areas, more preloaders, earlier leave building times. Basically all of the things we need to properly service our customers.

upschuck

I'm defiantly no economist but why the hell is it worth it to wait till the last minute as opposed to getting it in August through October. You can still find the deals with no stress.
Just making fun of all the people who wait til the last minute, and then complain they didn't get their most important gifts in time. I like to have it all done early, makes a lot better season, and enjoy it more.

Just making fun of all the people who wait til the last minute, and then complain they didn't get their most important gifts in time. I like to have it all done early, makes a lot better season, and enjoy it more.
I wasn't calling you out I was just trying to understand their logic.