Logistics

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 40andOut, Dec 30, 2013.

1. 40andOut

40andOut Guest

Perhaps UPS Logistics will be the hardest hit by our reputation being destroyed. We need to have a sense of humor about it.

Any creative souls care to add verses to the "That's Logistics" song?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our reputation is by no means "destroyed" and the public will have forgotten about this long before the next Peak begins.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Amen brother. This is just a blip in the radar that will go away faster than you can say faster.

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I'm giving it until tomorrow morning when they start reporting what Miley Cyrus did to Phil Robertson at the New Years Eve party.

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Miley doesn't need Phil. She enjoys twerking herself far too much.

6. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

True. But it will become a news item again next peak. And UPS better be able to show they made some changes
    so it won't happen again.

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

What is wrong with UPS's reputation? Did something go wrong this peak? :grouphug: Only 359 days til Christmas.

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

How many shopping days is that? Oh yeah, 359 with Amazon.

9. upschuck

I guess I'll wait 357 days before I order my gifts for the kids.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I think they went into peak knowing there would be a certain amount of service failures. In the last few years I woiuld hear of drivers bringing back stops. This year a combination of a slow news day and Amazon's publicity stunt with the drones blew our failure out of preportion. Whether the problems at Amazon and UPS get fixed is highly doubtful. The change in UPS's priorities did not happen over night.

11. tacken

tacken Active Member

12. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, everyone is doing it. It's cool.

13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm defiantly no economist but why the hell is it worth it to wait till the last minute as opposed to getting it in August through October. You can still find the deals with no stress.

14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

A whole new overhaul of the system is in the works at corporate. Running more areas, more preloaders, earlier leave building times. Basically all of the things we need to properly service our customers.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Because if you wait late enough you get a free $20 gift card.

16. upschuck

Just making fun of all the people who wait til the last minute, and then complain they didn't get their most important gifts in time. I like to have it all done early, makes a lot better season, and enjoy it more.

17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I wasn't calling you out I was just trying to understand their logic.

18. upschuck

All is cool...I don't get that logic either. I don't buy too early for kids, because their wants change too often.

19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

That's true. To be honest mrs.407 buys everything in the house so I have know idea. I just have to buy for her and she takes care of the rest.

20. upschuck

Same here. Some years I'm as surprised as everyone else at what we give people.