lol I will never be fast enough at preload.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
What difference does that make?

I would love to see you preload, load or unload for a bit. I wish you'd ask to try it out for lets say... a month at least. At least try working within, this isnt a taunt or anything. Its almost like your whole day squeezed into 4+ hours everyday. Pace is fast, demanding and ruthless.

I wish this upon any driver, insider. If they claim the cause of " adjust to changing conditions ", then lets see it. Lets take people form small sort, make them load. Lets take loaders and make the pre load. Lets take 22.3's and unload for a shift. Of course, adjusting is a BS method and term.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would love to see you preload, load or unload for a bit. I wish you'd ask to try it out for lets say... a month at least. At least try working within, this isnt a taunt or anything. Its almost like your whole day squeezed into 4+ hours everyday. Pace is fast, demanding and ruthless.

I wish this upon any driver, insider. If they claim the cause of " adjust to changing conditions ", then lets see it. Lets take people form small sort, make them load. Lets take loaders and make the pre load. Lets take 22.3's and unload for a shift. Of course, adjusting is a BS method and term.
I unload every day as a 22.3. Prior to this, I preloaded for 6 hours a day for two years as 22.3. 1300-2000 pc a day, then went out and delivered airs. Not sure where these situations you guys (upstate, yourself) dream up come from. Both jobs are easier than FT driving, jmo.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Now compare all those jobs to your time at Customer Counter.
Nothing worse than sitting behind a counter, watching time tick away, and waiting for the next pushy soccer mom to come through waving her slip at me. I hear you are 8 hours at counter, now. That is a death sentence! I'd rather work inside 22.3 in the hub - and not worry about customers complaining, idiot drivers, blown out 700s when you can't close the rear doors, shaving, uniforms, changing uniforms between shifts, etc etc.

Basically, anything uniformed or driving/customer based , with UPS, is out of the question, since "what is asked of you" is not at all worth the pay rate or aggrevation. :) jmo

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No heavy lifting required, a lot of breaks and inside year round.
A nice way to ease myself into retirement .
(ps. I no longer have a DOT , so my options were few. )

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I unload every day as a 22.3. Prior to this, I preloaded for 6 hours a day for two years as 22.3. 1300-2000 pc a day, then went out and delivered airs. Not sure where these situations you guys (upstate, yourself) dream up come from. Both jobs are easier than FT driving, jmo.

Funny, I had a friend, fellow preloader, that works 4 and half hours for 6 years. Got a chance to cover driver, went out for 8+ hours and tells me it was cake.

Unload, for one, is really easy. They never seem to have people leave for many years. I myself have worked 8 hours within for a week. Its actually easier then stright 4 and half up of regular part time shift.

the 1300-2000 a night is rather questionable. That much in part time status is impossible, unless your carrying 20 packages each and every time. Unless this was the past and you had a ton of hours to do so. If it were true, then you were running 90% of the time.

Come to Orlando and see what we got.

S

splozi

Ignore when sups or management tries to get you to speed up. Work at the pace you can work at.

Make sure the drivers like your loads.

If they do, they will brag about you to the sups.

If management knows the drivers love your loads, they won't bitch at you about misloads.
Occasionally I have bad weeks, or REALLY bad days. My sup doesn't care because he always get compliments about me from my drivers.

If your drivers hate you and you get tons of misloads, good luck.