lol the business agent came to our hub yesterday

HardknocksUPSer

I'm not so sure. I met a lot of the PT sups from my district and they all have similar traits as me. Maybe it's a district thing. You just have to realize not all of our intentions are bad. They usually come from higher ups and we get ripped apart over them. A good leader adjusts the tone so it isn't taken out on his/her people.
I would Definitely say it depends on location, my center has had the same sups and managers for a long time and favoritism is astounding in my center! It's ridiculous, our sups only care about their "bonus" whatever that may be. Seems that's why they try to push us so hard.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There's a bunch of clowns in my building that are Facebook friends with the management team... I just don't understand how you could be "friends" with someone who will try to destroy your livelihood at the drop of a hat. Wish my b.a. would show up to my building.
I don't blame you, I would not be friends with my BA on Facebook or anywhere.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If their not much, fill me in on how much they are?
It's going to be different for everybody so any one number I throw out is bs. I do know it doesn't make a huge difference. There have been weeks where my FT has worked 70+ hours. But only paid for 40. No bonus makes up for weeks like that.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
True, but people with true leadership skills can do their jobs and not alienate employees.

You are alienated because when you are asked to do something the first words out of your mouth are...the union said..

You have to be open to being led....

wayfair

swollen member
ONLY the OUTSIDE is getting cleaned. The corners of the interior have dirt deep enough to grow things now.

That's true... I was delivering some feeder corn and the 50lb bag had ripped open.... corn everywhere. Well, a few weeks went by and low and behold, corn started growing inside the corners behind the brake lights!

P

pickup

You are alienated because when you are asked to do something the first words out of your mouth are...the union said..

No we are alienated because some a holes in management use their authority as shield and outlet for their aggressive and invasive tactics, yelling, screaming, talking to the hourlies in a demeaning manner, and stunts up to and including borderline sexual harassment of the female drivers .

This is where the grievances come in. And hopefully the management at the original poster's place of employment gets the message.

box_beeyotch

No we are alienated because some a holes in management use their authority as shield and outlet for their aggressive and invasive tactics, yelling, screaming, talking to the hourlies in a demeaning manner, and stunts up to and including borderline sexual harassment of the female drivers .

This is where the grievances come in. And hopefully the management at the original poster's place of employment gets the message.

It's good to see that their is strong unity in some buildings with 15 guys filing at once. That's what a union is supposed to be.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
What is an MIP element?

Is the business agent part of the union?
facepalm.jpg

O

OLDMAN3

It's good to see that their is strong unity in some buildings with 15 guys filing at once. That's what a union is supposed to be.
We had over 60 in 1 week early last year. The BA came in and slammed the pile of grievances down and started swearing loudly with the labor manager and center manager present. No more 9.5 problems for a year now:cool2:. If you file a 9.5, tell the guy who will get your overflow he better file or it is coming to him everyday. Eventually only the wimps and guys who want the $ don't file.

Dr.Brownz

You have to be open to being led....

If the company would just follow the contract there wouldn't need to be any union talk. But you guys insist on trying to subvert the contract whenever it's inconvenient for you