LOL, They Never Gave Us Break on Monday!

NY11725

If you aren't going to read through the threads then do not bother responding. I have said at least 3 times in 3 different posts that forfeiting the guarantee means it is HIS FAULT not the companies.

It IS however the companies fault for lying to part-timers, and you KNOW as well as I do, that the company does this as well. Saying they are not guaranteed the time because of the economy is a flat out lie.
peak season is around the corner so more hours is coming :)

D

Dis-organized Labor

NY11725....Yeah more hours "is" coming.

Why not just work and impress your bosses? I mean, a few minutes here and there should'nt be a big deal???

Now; I realize the long term. Now; I realize the long term UPSers will weigh in, but what the hell...should UPS pay you to take a dump???? Prove that you ate the stuff at UPS that made you dump at UPS.............Sir::::Do you know what I'm sayin'???

Gimme' a break and take one yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Loufan

I've had this problem a few times. It wasn't the high managers fault it was more of my supervisors. Where I work we have a break usually after 2 hours of work, depending on the day. The whole building shuts off and everyone goes on break. (loaders, unloaders, sorters etc..) When this happened to me it was last peak season, it was probably a 7 hour shift. We all had our break as usual, our belt and probably the whole building was getting destroyed because it was peak, so our supervisor made us work on break and he said we would get one later. Well it was getting around 8pm and I was getting thirsty, hungry, I always bring a snack to break :) and my supervisor was no where to be found. I was getting ready to just go on break myself but I didn't want to get in trouble. My supervisor was busy that night doing god knows what, and I never ended up getting a break.

I understand that we're getting killed but I think everyone needs to take a break at the same time. I'm only part time so we get 10 minute breaks. Usually I work 5-6 hours a day, but peak season I've worked 9-10 hour days, and I know that 10 minute break is necessary for me to function. It's happened to me a few times and it really sucks.
Don't know how this is related to the thread, I just saw the first post and thought I'd share my non break story.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I've had this problem a few times. It wasn't the high managers fault it was more of my supervisors. Where I work we have a break usually after 2 hours of work, depending on the day. The whole building shuts off and everyone goes on break. (loaders, unloaders, sorters etc..) When this happened to me it was last peak season, it was probably a 7 hour shift. We all had our break as usual, our belt and probably the whole building was getting destroyed because it was peak, so our supervisor made us work on break and he said we would get one later. Well it was getting around 8pm and I was getting thirsty, hungry, I always bring a snack to break :) and my supervisor was no where to be found. I was getting ready to just go on break myself but I didn't want to get in trouble. My supervisor was busy that night doing god knows what, and I never ended up getting a break.

I understand that we're getting killed but I think everyone needs to take a break at the same time. I'm only part time so we get 10 minute breaks. Usually I work 5-6 hours a day, but peak season I've worked 9-10 hour days, and I know that 10 minute break is necessary for me to function. It's happened to me a few times and it really sucks.
Don't know how this is related to the thread, I just saw the first post and thought I'd share my non break story.

You definitely need a break. I can only assume you're working a belt with non-stop packages coming by

NY11725

You definitely need a break. I can only assume you're working a belt with non-stop packages coming by

Well I'm a pick off so I handle more boxes than the loaders but I would still enjoy a break..even tho its only 10 minutes...it helps re-energize the body a little to help finish up the night. I would love 10 hours a night... :)

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
NY, how old are you, you must be one of those young guys that knows everything and does not need to listen to anyone. Reading your posts makes my head hurt, you complain about not getting a break, everyone tells you to file a grievance and you get all pissy telling everyone they don't know what its like where you work. You tell us you work less than 3 hrs a day, we tell you you are guaranteed 3.5, you say you go home voluntarily because your so wiped out, then you say you would love 10hrs a night. ARGH....I'M GETTING A HEADACH!!!

tieguy

Banned
If you aren't going to read through the threads then do not bother responding. I have said at least 3 times in 3 different posts that forfeiting the guarantee means it is HIS FAULT not the companies.

It IS however the companies fault for lying to part-timers, and you KNOW as well as I do, that the company does this as well. Saying they are not guaranteed the time because of the economy is a flat out lie.

I did read through the thread and I see someone posting here who was not paying attention to what you told him despite numerous attempts to do so. I don't think we should be accusing his management folks of any crimes when this guy does not come across as being credible. The answer is there in his posts if you would care to read through them and comprehend what this guy is really telling you. Hopefully you'll never be tried and convicted as quickly as you yourself have been willing to try and convict them.

NY11725

umm, yes I would love 10 hours..but I dont even get 3.5.. some of you need to seriously chill out....my whole belt pretty much goes home around the same time, if I feel like staying...I stay...If i dont...I dont...$130 dollar checks isnt worth busting my ass more then I need to.

Ive already mentioned, I make most of my income else where, and i am P/T right now, and im happy with my low wage and awesome benefits until a better position opens up for me.

as for paying attention.I paid attention just fine...but no one was making it make sense until JaxUPSHub made it A LOT more clear...everyone was saying oh ur guranteed 3.5 blah blah but you see most of you kept leaving out the detail that if im told to leave and I agree, then I AM NOT GUARANTEED. but if I ask to stay and I still get sent home..then I can file for my 3.5...you all made it seem regardless if I stay or go, I would still get paid 3.5.

and I already said I understand now so there is no reason for anyone else to keep adding their 2 sense....its over

so dont tell me I wasnt paying attention...try explaining things correctly like JaxUPSHub said, and you all wouldnt of had to repeat yourselves 4 times.

NY11725

and another thing... giving me negative reputation doesn't really bother me as much as you guys may think it does...so for those who are leaving me nasty reputation comments really need to take a 5 minute break, look into the mirror and remind yourself your probably twice my age, and are being real immature by submitting rude / negative comments to me, saying, stuff like..if i paid attention more, I would understand better or I am a idiot b/c I cant read...but like I said above

"so dont tell me I wasnt paying attention...try explaining things correctly like JaxUPSHub said, and you all wouldnt of had to repeat yourselves 4 times."

For the people who are submitting nasty comments, " you " are the ones that need to pay attention better to how you explain something.. if it was explained like jax said...then it would of ended long time ago...and the funny thing about all of this is.. those who go around the forum, and find people to give negative feedback to...you seriously need to reconsider your age..and grow up a little