Long Shorts

What up with the company only offering the long shorts with the ten inch inseam? I tried to order some shorts this morning and thats all we are allowed. My local dry cleaners wants $13 to hem pants. I hate the "Manpris" or "ghetto shorts", I can't stand the hems hitting the top of my knees. These things look horrible, I don't see the reasoning behind this decision at all.:dissapointed:

They want you too look hip and gangster.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Double check the order form. The shorts with the 7 " inseam are still available in my hub.

We no longer use an order form, this is done online. I have two pairs of the long shorts I got over a year ago. I took them back and reordered again twice thinking the OMS just screwed up ordering them. My wife kept saying she would hem them, but never got around to it. I wore my older shorts until they are threadbare. The morning OMS that is in charge of ordering everything says the 7 inch shorts are no longer issued.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I still have some of both, but now I actually prefer the long ones, because in the intense summer heat that damn seat cover would sometimes scorch the backs of my thighs if I was parked in direct sun. Not happenin in ma gangstas!

menotyou

bella amicizia
We no longer use an order form, this is done online. I have two pairs of the long shorts I got over a year ago. I took them back and reordered again twice thinking the OMS just screwed up ordering them. My wife kept saying she would hem them, but never got around to it. I wore my older shorts until they are threadbare. The morning OMS that is in charge of ordering everything says the 7 inch shorts are no longer issued.
They are available at my center online.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I kept having problems with the seams ripping out on the 7" inseam shorts. I actually had to file a grievance to force the company to replace the ones that I kept ripping and bringing back. My next order turned out to be the longer ones (I call them "hobbit" shorts) and I havent had any problems with torn seams since then.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I didn't know we had long shorts, but that's what I got last time I ordered some new ones. I like them, they have kind of a Rafael Nadal vibe.

Cementups

Box Monkey
FYI, in the near future you will be getting new shorts anyway that will include cargo pockets on both sides to accomodate DIAD V.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Nothing new. Black or brown socks were a uniform standard when I started in '72

But now management is trying to push that you MUST wear the brown UPS logo socks with the uniform. I've told my bosses that if they are going to force me to wear them then they can provide them just like the rest of the uniform. I'll stick with my black ankle socks that you can barely see anyway.

soberups

But now management is trying to push that you MUST wear the brown UPS logo socks with the uniform. I've told my bosses that if they are going to force me to wear them then they can provide them just like the rest of the uniform. I'll stick with my black ankle socks that you can barely see anyway.

I still have a couple of pairs of the original gold-stripe socks that I bought to wear with shorts back in the mid 90's. If they try to tell me I cant wear them, they had better be willing to refund the money I paid for them.

QKRSTKR

I wish I could order mini-skirts. I think my customers would like them!!:wink2:

Just order the new summer shirt jac. that are tailess. Hell, the new ones come down to my thighs and I'm 6'. Were just that and your customers would really like.

Pretty soon we'll all be back into pants and long sleeves year round. The used pants really bother me. How do I know someone didn't blow a wet one in em?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would love to make a cute little dress out of your shirt!!
I'm only 5'4'', so it could work. And, again, I know the customers would SMILE!!!
:woohoo:

soberups

Good. Cargo shorts are a great case of functional work wear.

My prediction; the cargo shorts we ultimately order from China will have pockets that rip out the first time you stick the DIAD in there. And they wont be brown, they will be the same shade of earthy green that you see when you scrape a poopy diaper off of a baby's ass.

Ms.PacMan

The UPS logo fell off the new socks the first time I washed them. They're now brown socks with a "glue shield" on the ankle!