long time full time drivers

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We will find out how much we have once someone else ends up with a majority of the stock or any other Fredless situation. Contrary to popular belief there isn't anyone out there who is dying to take charge of the company and has "improved pay and benefits for Express couriers" anywhere on his to-do list. There isn't anyone who would put much effort into trying to preserve what we have now unless we include other executives that are already with the company who are close to Fred himself.

There are those under the assumption that getting rid of Fred means that we're gonna get some benevolent guy who loves giving raises. No. The corporate world wonders why he doesn't have large layoffs and and why he pays minimums and that sort of thing. The current FedEx (flaws and all) is better than what we'll have after Fred. An outsider who takes over doesn't see anything but an opportunity to slash costs to the bone and, if possible, make Express look more like Ground.
So who's gonna take over the position of Mr. Weasel in Washington D.C. that makes all those fabulous deals with politicians that screw all of us?

Fragiledonthrow

Im a pm part-timer who would like extra hours at my station. But they rather hire new people then give me a p1 route. It pretty ridiculous in my eyes. It should also be illegal denying a man or woman full-time hours when they are available for those who are willing to work them..

overflowed

Im a pm part-timer who would like extra hours at my station. But they rather hire new people then give me a p1 route. It pretty ridiculous in my eyes. It should also be illegal denying a man or woman full-time hours when they are available for those who are willing to work them..
why don't you bid on a full time route then? They're there, at least at my station, every other week.

dezguy

Never made sense to me. They'd rather hire two pt, give them both benefits, have two vehicles which need insurance to run two routes that could have been covered by one ft employee.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There will always be a slacker at every station. Point is, why attack the people who are always there on time, safe drivers, with good productivity? Leave us alone and let us do our jobs. Period

That's why I love BC. "Managers should leave us alone!!" Then later, "Why won't the managers listen to us???"

A person who can't handle any scrutiny probably deserves some.

Last edited:

59 Dano

So who's gonna take over the position of Mr. Weasel in Washington D.C. that makes all those fabulous deals with politicians that screw all of us?

We'll leave that up to you. You seem to lean towards "Anyone else would treat us better." Go find that better person.

BigTex61

Never made sense to me. They'd rather hire two pt, give them both benefits, have two vehicles which need insurance to run two routes that could have been covered by one ft employee.
And that type of rationale is in part why we have been at 2 and 3 percent margins for years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's never made sense why they would pay couriers to do handler work in situations where they could cover the work with handlers, but that manager shouldn't have hired them without a plan in place to properly use them.

It's becoming clearer and clearer how some couriers are milking it. It's worse in some places than in others. One of my old stations was small and a been-there-forever (of course) employee would always volunteer to stay and assist with the reload. All he wanted to do is scan docs and would just stand around waiting on more docs if he didn't have any to scan. He would usually finish the docs 15 minutes prior to the end of the reload and hang around doing nothing. He was getting 8 hours of OT a week pulling that crap. He's probably the worst I've ever seen. His buddy was pretty bad, too, and both were replaced on the reload with a handler.

You can't blatantly do that kind of crap and expect it to go on unabated. The abuse of in-station OT has prompted closer scrutiny of couriers' in-station hours and is a big reason that we're seeing more handlers brought in to replace couriers.

Yep.

A year or so ago the head of a hedge fund who is also a large stakeholder in FDX met with Smith. Much of his time was spent talking about Express and let's just say that he is not fond of our 'peopleness.' He doesn't believe in minimum pay but he does believe in laying couriers off during slower parts of the year. Once someone else controls a majority of the stock, hope for a long term guy. The pain won't be as bad. A short term guy will slash everything, drive up the stock price, and then sell. He won't show any mercy because he won't be around to deal with the fallout. A long termer will.

There you go. Right out of the corporate shatpile. I love the generalization that many people are "milking it", and I really love the insinuation that Fred is somehow protecting PSP. LOFL!!

Smith is long-term because it's "his" company, and he's still extracting major cash from it. Please note his recent 12% raise. Think we'll be getting a 12% hike?

The Express business model is part-time, low pay, high turnover, and pushing people constantly for more work with no commensurate incentive. In other words, work harder and faster, but expect nothing in return. As someone else has pointed-out, Fred will gladly hire 20 new part-timers rather than upgrade existing PT people. Why is that, Dano?

You know why. It's because Express is built on a foundation of employee exploitation. Everyone should slow down to the point where what they are getting paid equals their productivity.

MT3 says he needs another Brazilian wax. Better get on that right away, lackey.

59 Dano

There you go. Right out of the corporate shatpile. I love the generalization that many people are "milking it", and I really love the insinuation that Fred is somehow protecting PSP. LOFL!!

They are. You can face it (you're probably a bad offender yourself) or you can continue your fantasy that all couriers are operating at 100% efficiency because [insert delusional black helicopter/drug-induced nonsense reasoning].

As for the CEO, who is it that wants to run the company and give us all better pay and benefits? C'mon, you big-mouth internet warrior. You seem to think you have answers. Try this. Go through the last 20 years of CEO changes of global multinational corporations and tell us how many times it resulted in significant compensation increases for hourly workers.

The Express business model is part-time, low pay, high turnover, and pushing people constantly for more work with no commensurate incentive. In other words, work harder and faster, but expect nothing in return. As someone else has pointed-out, Fred will gladly hire 20 new part-timers rather than upgrade existing PT people. Why is that, Dano?

Fred doesn't hire anyone at Express. Bronczek is the CEO of Express. Try to keep up. And while you're at it, take your friend'ing ADD meds because you tend to derail every conversation you enter.

Tell me again, who is this CEO that's going to take over and crank up the compensation?

MT3 says he needs another Brazilian wax. Better get on that right away, lackey.

Why are you so preoccupied with MT3 and his erogenous zones? Did he pay a surreptitious visit to you wife like those other guys did?

59 Dano

Why would you want to punish a PT employee by having him upgraded to work more hours at such an awful, awful, place?

JoeVser

No CEO does that! It's the shareholders these guys care about. If there's no revenue from the company to shareholders then guess what? Goodbye to that company. EVERYONE is expendable and if you think this company or any other cares about their employees well,my friend,your sadly deluded. It's BUSINESS and if the day comes where you can't perform for the company,over the side you go like chum in the water. It's up to us to make our lives content and be on top of things like retirement,401K,minimum hours etc. A company owes nothing to their employees only for what they do that can make a profit for them. I guess us hourly workers are on the lower end of the food chain but I can live with that....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why would you want to punish a PT employee by having him upgraded to work more hours at such an awful, awful, place?

More of Fred wanting to have his cake and eat it too. Some people want FT, even at a hellhole like FedEx. But, FedEx likes to have lots of part-timers they can make "full-time" as needed, as during Peak etc., and then send home with minimums when it is slow.

vantexan

No CEO does that! It's the shareholders these guys care about. If there's no revenue from the company to shareholders then guess what? Goodbye to that company. EVERYONE is expendable and if you think this company or any other cares about their employees well,my friend,your sadly deluded. It's BUSINESS and if the day comes where you can't perform for the company,over the side you go like chum in the water. It's up to us to make our lives content and be on top of things like retirement,401K,minimum hours etc. A company owes nothing to their employees only for what they do that can make a profit for them. I guess us hourly workers are on the lower end of the food chain but I can live with that....

It's Wall Street buying their stock they care about. Fred owns more than 22 million shares of stock last I heard. That's enough weight cast his way in any vote of confidence to keep him CEO. Did you notice they recently upped the dividend substantially? That's to keep Wall Street interested with the stock price so high. Higher dividends come from higher profits. Which means they're not going to do anything substantial for employees as that'll cut into the all important profit. Even with the billions they're now saving in fuel costs. I'd be surprised if they'll raise either top-out or starting pay this October as we're all saving money at the pump.

MAKAVELI

It's Wall Street buying their stock they care about. Fred owns more than 22 million shares of stock last I heard. That's enough weight cast his way in any vote of confidence to keep him CEO. Did you notice they recently upped the dividend substantially? That's to keep Wall Street interested with the stock price so high. Higher dividends come from higher profits. Which means they're not going to do anything substantial for employees as that'll cut into the all important profit. Even with the billions they're now saving in fuel costs. I'd be surprised if they'll raise either top-out or starting pay this October as we're all saving money at the pump.
Oh they will raise top pay and starting pay a little, to keep mid range stuck in the 2nd and 3rd quartile. My guess is this next raise will actually bump some in the 2nd 3rd backwards.

vantexan

Oh they will raise top pay and starting pay a little, to keep mid range stuck in the 2nd and 3rd quartile. My guess is this next raise will actually bump some in the 2nd 3rd backwards.
If they don't raise starting pay this year then those in first quartile get 2%, a whole whopping 32 cents for me. At that rate I could work 9 years until I'm 62 and still not hit $20hr. Maybe $20hr with a little compounding. I really would be surprised if they raise starting pay with the lower gas prices. And they may want to encourage fence sitters to retire by giving no raise to top-out. We'll see.

MAKAVELI

If they don't raise starting pay this year then those in first quartile get 2%, a whole whopping 32 cents for me. At that rate I could work 9 years until I'm 62 and still not hit $20hr. Maybe $20hr with a little compounding. I really would be surprised if they raise starting pay with the lower gas prices. And they may want to encourage fence sitters to retire by giving no raise to top-out. We'll see.
Exactly, we'll see. Always a guessing game every year.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We'll leave that up to you. You seem to lean towards "Anyone else would treat us better." Go find that better person.
You're beyond an idiot Dano. It's not up to me to find a replacement for your idol Fred. If it was I would have fired you long ago.