Looking for answers...

Kerwel

I had an interview/orientation today as a driver helper in Fort Payne Al. When we finished the second half of the application online after the orientation, they told us we were good to go. They did not tell us if we were hired or anything.... What should I expect now? Wait for a call, go back by there tomorrow and ask, or what? Thanks in advance for the help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It varies by locality but wait for the call is probably the next step.
I always advise people to take another job if it comes along rather than waiting on UPS to call.

MassWineGuy

Well, after hearing absolutely nothing for a month, plus being told yesterday that I wouldn't be working this peak, I decided that there was something else I needed to do today when a supe called. Told him I was very confused by this and recent events, but that I'd be ready from now on. Offered to pay me driver's rate to work as a helper, which is sweet enough for me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, after hearing absolutely nothing for a month, plus being told yesterday that I wouldn't be working this peak, I decided that there was something else I needed to do today when a supe called. Told him I was very confused by this and recent events, but that I'd be ready from now on. Offered to pay me driver's rate to work as a helper, which is sweet enough for me.
And by "something else"....you mean post on BC and not earn money? lol

MassWineGuy

Bleedin', I hope you know that I lay awake all night anticipating your brilliant posts. And all day long, I check the boards for your elegant prose. Truly.

Yes, I could not be a hamster in the UPS cage today. I had a very important event I needed to attend.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just call it like I see it.....couldn't care less about your opinion of me. You started a thread the other day about oh, is it really peak because I haven't worked...ups finally calls and you say you're not available? Unless, your important event involved a missing limb or the birth of your child...you should've worked.

oldstagg

I had an interview/orientation today as a driver helper in Fort Payne Al. When we finished the second half of the application online after the orientation, they told us we were good to go. They did not tell us if we were hired or anything.... What should I expect now? Wait for a call, go back by there tomorrow and ask, or what? Thanks in advance for the help.

The driver helper routine can be a painful one. A driver helper coordinator will have your name and your location. If he has work in your area of the center he will call you if not you may not hear anything. Its not the steadiest work available.

you guys should try to be a little more helpful:grouphug: JMHO