Looking for some advise please help!

joesph lamb

I work for fedex freight and yesterday i was sent home becuase i got into a accident, no one got hurt or injured dont even need to see a doctor but the accident caused one of the forklift light to come off. So now im scared because my boss sent me home and had me fill out a accident report, therefore im waiting on his call becuase he emailed the safety office. my question is what will happen next am i fired? and are they going to make me take a drug test like i said no one got injured.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I work for fedex freight and yesterday i was sent home becuase i got into a accident, no one got hurt or injured dont even need to see a doctor but the accident caused one of the forklift light to come off. So now im scared because my boss sent me home and had me fill out a accident report, therefore im waiting on his call becuase he emailed the safety office. my question is what will happen next am i fired? and are they going to make me take a drug test like i said no one got injured.

I hate to tell you, but I don't think there are any FedEx Freight people on here. It's pretty much Express, Ground and HD.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have no experience with this. I can GUESS though that they will probably just write you up for it. But I could be totally wrong. It's a light. I can't see them firing you for something so trivial.

P

prodriver

THANKS! so i was right, they would have tested me on the spot right not after i come back? because i was sent home and now awaiting on a call from my boss who is waiting on a email from the safety office

You could still be tested depending on circumstances, how's your past safety record? They may be checking to see if they discharge you or send for drug test, the best way to pass a drug test is to study for it.

joesph lamb

You could still be tested depending on circumstances, how's your past safety record? They may be checking to see if they discharge you or send for drug test, the best way to pass a drug test is to study for it.
I have never got written up this is my first time ever being sent home never had anything in my file, and thats why im doing my research i want to be certain i don't walk into a trap.

P

prodriver

I have never got written up this is my first time ever being sent home never had anything in my file, and thats why im doing my research i want to be certain i don't walk into a trap.

Anyone in my building that has had an accident be it an employee or driver has been sent for a drug test.

Doc Sorting Dude

Very minor. No sense losing sleep over it. Heck once on a check ride with my manager, a dead tree branch broke and landed on the hood. My manager still made a notation in Qwest (?) that I had to sign off. No damage, no pee test; nothing but my manager still wanted to cover his behind.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You sound afraid. For those of you who don't know it, Freight is managed just like Express, so all of the usual BS and games apply in full. FedEx Freight also sucks, because it is now a clone of Express.

FXFdockmaster

Nah, safety policy is automatic suspension for any safety violation, same protocol as puncturing hazmat. you'll get a few days off, come back, watch the training videos and be "re-certified" it'll go in your file as a safety violation tho so try to avoid doing that again or anything else like that because after 3 they can fire you.

FXFdockmaster

Your supervisors don't actually make the call on when you come back, their report goes to HR and your regional HR manager decides when you come back. There's also some re-certification CBEs

FXFdockmaster

You sound afraid. For those of you who don't know it, Freight is managed just like Express, so all of the usual BS and games apply in full. FedEx Freight also sucks, because it is now a clone of Express.
Been at Freight a few years, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it there.