looking to buy a house...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red, no wonder we don't charge you to drive on our highways. You make less than us Northerners.

$28 anything is a great buck no matter what you do or were you are at!

Never worked it out per hour but basic salary is £23150 or approx $34000 for a large pkg car driver and just over £21000 or $30000 for a small package car driver. We have to have a special license to drive anything over 3.5 tons so the larger vehicles pay more, or at least they did after last year, before that everyone was on the same. With o/t i gross just over $45000 a year which is very good for the business in the UK, we dont get any benefits other than a pension either.

Thanks Tiny

My house payment takes 4 days take home including real estate taxes. Why am I still broke.

You bet on the packers every week! lol
sometimes people dont get my sense of humor, i thought someone would get it....... but i guess nobody cares.
Haha, plan on budgeting on a 30 hour week, that way you wont be hooked on the ot nipple!

Jim Kemp

Rental properties are ok until your renters loose their jobs and skip out on you before they pay the rent. Then the mortgage money is all on you. Thats good if you haven't been through that yet but with the current situation I would get prepared for it. It wouldn't take all that many skipped payments paid by you instead of the deadbeats to wipe out the whole years worth of gains that you would make on your rents.

I have had them skip out on me. But if you have a duplex and you live in one side it will be hard for them to move out without you knowing.
As for the return; I only paid 36k for it in the early 80's. I have made somewhere around 400k in rent and had an offer of 150k last month and turned it down. I have never figured out what kind of return on investment that is but I think it is pretty good.
Also I didn't even figure in the tax savings over the past 30years.
And this is just one of my four properties, sure you have some headaches but all in all it has been very good.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
how much house can a ups driver afford?...my wife and I just started looking for a house, also considering building because her father is a carpenter….i’ll be at full progression early next year.

Mine`s for sale 260 000 we paid 400 000 for it Nice neighbourhood (LOL)
If it doesnt sell I`m just walking away from it

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
1 Acre = 43,560 square feet
1 Acre = 160 square rods
1 Acre = 1.1834 square arpents
1 Acre = 10 square chains
1 Acre = 160 square rods
1 Acre = 160 perches
1 Acre = 160 poles
1 Acre = .4047 hectare
1 Acre = 4047 square meters
1 Acre = is about 208 3/4 feet square
1 Acre Square = 5645.376 square varas

Does this help any? LMAO

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I have had them skip out on me. But if you have a duplex and you live in one side it will be hard for them to move out without you knowing.
As for the return; I only paid 36k for it in the early 80's. I have made somewhere around 400k in rent and had an offer of 150k last month and turned it down. I have never figured out what kind of return on investment that is but I think it is pretty good.
Also I didn't even figure in the tax savings over the past 30years.
And this is just one of my four properties, sure you have some headaches but all in all it has been very good.
Sounds like you have had good luck with the investment. I know people that haven't had quite as good a luck
:whiteflag:

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
sometimes people dont get my sense of humor, i thought someone would get it....... but i guess nobody cares.
Sarcasm yes........but......your scenario is exactly what many peoples mentality was over the past 5 years and the mortgage companies all played along too. Now look at the foreclosure rate in the US.

rod

Retired 22 years
1 Acre = 43,560 square feet
1 Acre = 160 square rods
1 Acre = 1.1834 square arpents
1 Acre = 10 square chains
1 Acre = 160 square rods
1 Acre = 160 perches
1 Acre = 160 poles
1 Acre = .4047 hectare
1 Acre = 4047 square meters
1 Acre = is about 208 3/4 feet square
1 Acre Square = 5645.376 square varas
Does this help any? LMAO

1 Acre=160 square rods------------------------------:happy2: This is a family site (I've been told)-- quit calling me names:wink2: