Looks like my hub might be getting a "day shift"

BleedsBrown

Getting amped up becasue it looks like there are going to be ALOT of full time oppurtunities coming up as Amazon.com just opened 2 HUGE warehouses close to our hub and its likes were going to get around 100,000 peices a day from them. thats 90% of the volume we do on the twilight shift and a 100% increase in vloume for us. To me the only answer to get it all done is another shift, unless they want to pay overtime out the nose

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Getting amped up becasue it looks like there are going to be ALOT of full time oppurtunities coming up as Amazon.com just opened 2 HUGE warehouses close to our hub and its likes were going to get around 100,000 peices a day from them. thats 90% of the volume we do on the twilight shift and a 100% increase in vloume for us. To me the only answer to get it all done is another shift, unless they want to pay overtime out the nose

What makes you think this will result in full-time jobs?

UPS usually does not create a full-time job out of two part-time insider jobs.
Too much wear-and-tear on the body.

gorilla75jdw

what area is this , or hub more specifically . Amazon just opened 3 new facilities in my area all within the last 2 years , and 2 of them in the last 6 months .

U

uber

Its UPS. They're going to go the cheap route and hire more PT'ers for that shift.

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
Dont get too amped. Most of the work looks like its going to be direct loaded to hubs with day sorts. Though volume will pick up for the buliding. Just not enough for a day sort. Management will do what ever to keep it from going to a day sort. As of right now dont count your chickens before they hatch. I hope i am wrong though.

bellesmom

I'd love to have a copy of that in writing.

I just about fell out of my chair laughing considering my wear-and-tear Combo job has been changed to split shifts, 6 reports without ot. Oh yeah..I believe that one! Sign me up for a copy as well just for grins.

L

Loufan

We added a day shift last fall and it's definitely been good for our building and for adding jobs but it sucks (for me) because it took away a lot of my hours. But i heard we're combining our shifts for peak so that's good at least.

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon has really helped Tennessee UPSers. They opened a couple of warehouses in middle and East Tennessee. It affected feeders first and kind of trickled down from there. Plus allot of feeder drivers are retiring.

BleedsBrown

As far as I know saramay we bought out DHL's domestic operation here in the states. I beleive DHL still exisists in some fashion in the USA and I know they are are big overseas still.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As far as I know saramay we bought out DHL's domestic operation here in the states. I beleive DHL still exisists in some fashion in the USA and I know they are are big overseas still.

We did not buy out DHL's US operations. They made a business decision to drastically downsize their operations here in the States. There is a town in Ohio that was nearly wiped out due to their dependence on DHL for their very existence.

Ohio community devastated by DHL job cuts - CNN