Looks like Ups Airline mechanics might strike

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Seriously Dave??...

P.S. I can now see your posts. I asked Cheryl to remove the forced ignore.

I'm keeping an eye on you.
Seriously Dave??
upload_2016-10-24_7-44-36.png

twoweeled

article states: union and company representatives ruled out a work stoppage during the holiday-shipping season." LOL

1. Make sure the company knows we're going to do our best not to hurt them. No strike attempt during peak.
2. Does the company believe it's golfing buddy (Hoffa) would actually call a strike anyway?
The strike authorization vote with Hoffa, is really meaningless. I hope the best for the mechanics!
This doesn't even qualify as a bluff. Just more of the same.

UniteandWin

1997, strike was called by the Carey/Hall ticket, 20,000 new full-time jobs were created, and the biggest pay raise I ever got. Worked out for me

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsbrown-2009

I to was part time and benefited from the 97 strike with a full time position, along with about 20 others in my building! That's when filing a grievance was feared ! Carey wasn't TDU nor am I, so try and spin this one !

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1997, strike was called by the Carey/hall ticket, 20,000 new full-time jobs were created, and the biggest pay raise I ever got. Worked out for me

Sent using BrownCafe App
It worked out for me too , except it took a little time. Business was so slow after the strike , especially after peak, that I was laid off a lot. But eventually it picked up and from 1999 on I was working 50-60 hour a week.

Looking back, it is a real shame what has happened to the Union since Hoffa took over.

a lot less backbone.

twoweeled

1997, strike was called by the Carey/hall ticket, 20,000 new full-time jobs were created, and the biggest pay raise I ever got. Worked out for me

Sent using BrownCafe App
When Carey called the strike. First thing UPS CEO James Kelly said;
"We gotta get Carey out, and James Hoffa Jr in"!!

(I think J Kelly was CEO. God help me if I'm wrong)LOL

twoweeled

I to was part time and benefited from the 97 strike with a full time position, along with about 20 others in my building! That's when filing a grievance was feared ! Carey wasn't TDU nor am I, so try and spin this one !
That's what I'm talking about. Didn't you know, there was a "real" fight going on between the Teamsters and UPS, during negotiations?

Did you feel that during our last contract negotiations? LOL
I felt something, but it wasn't a fight.