Lordy Lordy,,, my wife's turning 40

tourists24

ok,,, I need some birthday ideas for my wife's party....Romantic and/or funny suggestions from all my BC family please?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If she's anything like you, T24, I'd take her on her first skydive. It's a great way to reach this milestone. If she's not into that, there's always the Brown Cafe cruise. We still have cabins available.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Take her on a self indulgent shopping spree, that you go also and pretend you care when she asks "how does this look Honey"
She should only be permitted to shop for herself, not a smidgeon for anyone else. Then a quiet dinner at some nice but outta the way place, then a night of romance at home.
Well thats what I would like anyway.....................

Big Babooba

If she's anything like you, T24, I'd take her on her first skydive. It's a great way to reach this milestone. If she's not into that, there's always the Brown Cafe cruise. We still have cabins available.
That's a great idea! My soon to be ex turns 50 in 2011. I'll treat her to a skydive! She doesn't really need a parachute, does she?

tourists24

you know that's not a bad idea STUG.... she has just started running too and is going to run a 5k on her birthday.... it's a start and Im proud of her

D

Dis-organized Labor

I started typing a suggestion about dumping her and getting a 20 something and realized that not everyone has the same existence as I do...

STUG's suggestion only works if the airplane is on fire..JUMP

Take a taxi to a Brunch. then a taxi to an airfield. (Taxi's mean that $ do not matter). An old bi-plane ride is fun with an old hotel room to spend the night in (Not cheesy, but, like an really old, classy hotel) and a bottle of champagne, or similar beverage to spend some time together talking about the last 10 and the next.

I think the main thing is to let her know how much you love her and how important this event is to you......tyo make her happy.

Then go home and yell at the kids for texting

Best Wishes, DOL

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Home Goods Gift Card !!
I would love this gift!!!

In many areas, Home Goods and Marshalls are in the same store!!
And as a TJX stock holder....I approve this message.

(TJX = TJMaxx....:happy-very:)

But then again, my husband got smart, I drop so much money at the TJX store - he purchased me stock in the company!!!

Home Goods
Marshalls
TJ Maxx
AJ Wright's
(AJ Wright is a low end TJMaxx, however, it is a great resource for NFL clothing. I purchased my throwback jersey's at AJWright, Joe Montane, Archie Manning and Anthony Gonzales.)

rod

Retired 22 years
You could always agree to sit down with her and watch a whole episode of "Biggest Loser" with her' I'm not saying she is fat but every women I know watches that piece of crap show and that in my opinion would be the ultimate showing of your love for her. (Personally I would rather get a divorce than sit thru an hour of that.):wink2:

ups1990

I can say where not to take her, Costco.

One year made the mistake of telling my wife that we would go to Costco for the birthday. I was trying to be funny by insinuating that the food court would be our dinner. Little that I know that they carry jewerly, very expensive jewerly.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You could always agree to sit down with her and watch a whole episode of "Biggest Loser" with her' I'm not saying she is fat but every women I know watches that piece of crap show and that in my opinion would be the ultimate showing of your love for her. (Personally I would rather get a divorce than sit thru an hour of that.):wink2:

Not this woman...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't watch it. :happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is agreed, normal, (above average women), do not watch this show, or any other reality show. I live reality, and they do not have a show about that.