Lose an Account Today...for Fred

hypo hanna

it may be that simple in your mind but the reality in my world is that it ain't that simple when I'm well past my prime in a tough job market where I have to compete with so many younger candidates. Ya see, I've already expended the best part of my life for this dirtbag outfit already. If Fred and Co. would have revealed their dark side 20 years ago, I'd be inclined to agree with you and do EXACTLY that. But for a lot of us out here, we pretty much have to play with the hand we've been dealt. Sad but true

+1

bbsam

Staff member
Everyone is replaceable including you. All we want is an honest day's pay for an honest day's work and to be treated like human beings. I don't think that is too much to ask from a multi billionaire. Fred and people like you have a hatred for the average hard working person especially when they stand up for themselves and voice their opinion. And you call yourself a democrat. BS
Of course I am replaceable. Never said otherwise. But losing accounts isn't job security for you or me, now is it? So it's easy. You don't want to be here, but you don't like what Express is, you are powerless to change it, and afraid there is nothing better out there for you. That's a big box of misery for you right there. That's not republican or democrat, that's sad. And if you took the time to listen to other democrats like Bill Clinton, Harold Ford Jr., Ed Rendell, and Erskine Bowles, maybe you would get a clue.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Of course I am replaceable. Never said otherwise. But losing accounts isn't job security for you or me, now is it? So it's easy. You don't want to be here, but you don't like what Express is, you are powerless to change it, and afraid there is nothing better out there for you. That's a big box of misery for you right there. That's not republican or democrat, that's sad. And if you took the time to listen to other democrats like Bill Clinton, Harold Ford Jr., Ed Rendell, and Erskine Bowles, maybe you would get a clue.

Losing accounts is just one of a limited number of ways we can fight back. If Fred isn't going to give us a square deal and play fair, we hurt him where it counts...his wallet. I don't like giving crap service or getting on here slamming FedEx, but you know what? They deserve it. They have effed-over their employees so many times and been so incredibly dishonest that they need a big dose of payback.

Count me in as one of the former believers who thought that FedEx was a company with integrity that would stand behind the promises made to employees. Like hypohanna and vantexan, I wouldn't have stayed another minute if I'd had a clue of the direction FedEx was headed years ago. I would have left, and started over somewhere else.

Now, there are thousands of 40 and 50-somethings out there who built this company into what it is, making Fred billions in the process, stuck in a job that has become incredibly miserable, with few options to get out or do something else.

Smith has :censored2: upon us and is smiling like a Cheshire Cat because he has gotten away with it.

Let's make him lose a few of those dollars by not cooperating with the BS.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Everyone is replaceable including you. All we want is an honest day's pay for an honest day's work and to be treated like human beings. I don't think that is too much to ask from a multi billionaire. Fred and people like you have a hatred for the average hard working person especially when they stand up for themselves and voice their opinion. And you call yourself a democrat. BS

You are the one saying we are powerless, not me. It's only a matter of time before the " powerless" become empowered and start to shake things up. I think you are just scared that it will trickle down to Ground and cut into your 6 figure income.

bbsam

Staff member
You are the one saying we are powerless, not me. It's only a matter of time before the " powerless" become empowered and start to shake things up. I think you are just scared that it will trickle down to Ground and cut into your 6 figure income.
I look forward to seeing it. I have been hearing about that coming day for years now.

MAKAVELI

I look forward to seeing it. I have been hearing about that coming day for years now.

These type of changes take time my friend. And that's good you look forward to paying your employees what they deserve. There is hope for you yet.

TUT

The influx of Customer Service Reps that can't tell one opco from another is the new norm. Call Center Agents are being offered to either work from home as the call centers are being closed down or they have an option of accepting some sort of buyout package, not sure of the buyout or severance details. The Call Center Agent positions are then covered by Offsite Vendors. Eventually, all customer service will handled through these Offsite Vendors.

Fedex will eventually have a total payroll of 3 people, the rest will be contractors??? Contractors will eventually only have contractors on their payroll. No one will ever be responsible for a damn thing.

hypo hanna

Of course I am replaceable. Never said otherwise. But losing accounts isn't job security for you or me, now is it? .
I'm not out to actively loose accounts nor am I going to make the slightest effort to save one. Fred and his merry band of thieves are doing the absolute least they can do when it comes to my compensation. After ten years of that, I feel I should be doing the same.
Its not all about revenge. Sticking your neck out and making the extra effort here can get you fired just as easily as it can get you a BZ, so why do it? It doesn't benefit me. It certainly benefits exec mgmt, Wall Street and contractors like bbsam. Unfortunately not a one of those would help me feed my family if I got hurt going the extra mile for the customer.
Job security? Pfft. I'm topped out and old. They will fire me at their first opportunity.

hypo hanna

bbsam seems to be getting meaner...........................

Understandable. His income is threatened by bad publicity. The company might like to think otherwise but most customers still don't know the difference between ground and express, nor do they care.
A negative impression of express is a negative impression of ground.

thedownhillEXPRESS

**ck......... I can't even tell you the difference between us and ground....

bbsam provides some good insight into our Ops, just observed him bending very negative in the last few days...... Especially against Van, who I have absolutely nothing in common with politically, but am in the the same journey to hell with nontheless.....

vantexan

******....... I can't even tell you the difference between us and ground....

bbsam provides some good insight into our Ops, just observed him bending very negative in the last few days...... Especially against Van, who I have absolutely nothing in common with politically, but am in the the same journey to hell with nontheless.....

It's ok, he's just upset knowing he's making great money but is trapped in Hee Haw Hell. He wants to be by a pool with the other rich and snobbish in La La Land.

Grounded

I'm seeing a lot of people upset because ground is offering an opportunity to people. A ground business owner can run a solid business and grow it to the point where they can make a good income and not have to drive a route. Then expand it more and sell their routes and retire. Small business ownership that has pay off after hard work isn't something to frown upon.

FedEx ground offered them this opportunity and they took it, invested, and grew it. Just because you don't have this option with express doesn't mean you should be getting on bbsam or any ground contractor. I'll tell you what, there are worse jobs than delivering for ground. Not to mention you stay within the business for a while you can move up and buy out the person who owns the business, or the business next to you. Happens all the time. Maybe you get paid less, but you have different opportunities for growth and investment.

It's like buying stock with a dividend or one with out. Different strategy, different ways of getting payout.

vantexan

I'm seeing a lot of people upset because ground is offering an opportunity to people. A ground business owner can run a solid business and grow it to the point where they can make a good income and not have to drive a route. Then expand it more and sell their routes and retire. Small business ownership that has pay off after hard work isn't something to frown upon.

FedEx ground offered them this opportunity and they took it, invested, and grew it. Just because you don't have this option with express doesn't mean you should be getting on bbsam or any ground contractor. I'll tell you what, there are worse jobs than delivering for ground. Not to mention you stay within the business for a while you can move up and buy out the person who owns the business, or the business next to you. Happens all the time. Maybe you get paid less, but you have different opportunities for growth and investment.

It's like buying stock with a dividend or one with out. Different strategy, different ways of getting payout.

And you say it like the only thing that matters is the business owner's success and his rewards for working hard. Exploiting others to get there is the problem. It's been pointed out that Ground rts are worth considerably more these days. Well that precludes many regular guys from having the opportunity doesn't it? And if someone buys some rts are they going to exponentially grow in value for them also? Sounds like the same economic Ponzi scheme that got us all in trouble. When are you guys going to pay people a decent wage and learn to live with less in the process? You'll still make good money. Cashing in is fine if you aren't hurting people in the process. Y'all and the company you are associated with are hurting people.