Lose an Account Today...for Fred

MAKAVELI

I'm seeing a lot of people upset because ground is offering an opportunity to people. A ground business owner can run a solid business and grow it to the point where they can make a good income and not have to drive a route. Then expand it more and sell their routes and retire. Small business ownership that has pay off after hard work isn't something to frown upon.

FedEx ground offered them this opportunity and they took it, invested, and grew it. Just because you don't have this option with express doesn't mean you should be getting on bbsam or any ground contractor. I'll tell you what, there are worse jobs than delivering for ground. Not to mention you stay within the business for a while you can move up and buy out the person who owns the business, or the business next to you. Happens all the time. Maybe you get paid less, but you have different opportunities for growth and investment.

It's like buying stock with a dividend or one with out. Different strategy, different ways of getting payout.

Save the bulls-hit for the pep talk you give your contractors nobody here buys it. I guess the people actually doing the work deserve nothing for their hard work and dedication right?

bbsam

Staff member
It's ok, he's just upset knowing he's making great money but is trapped in Hee Haw Hell. He wants to be by a pool with the other rich and snobbish in La La Land.

hardly. I would be amazed if I conducted myself any differently if I won the lottery tomorrow.

bbsam

Staff member
Save the bulls-hit for the pep talk you give your contractors nobody here buys it. I guess the people actually doing the work deserve nothing for their hard work and dedication right?

your frustration level seems to be rising exponentially. You are cussing more and more. Impotence a bitch?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm seeing a lot of people upset because ground is offering an opportunity to people. A ground business owner can run a solid business and grow it to the point where they can make a good income and not have to drive a route. Then expand it more and sell their routes and retire. Small business ownership that has pay off after hard work isn't something to frown upon.

FedEx ground offered them this opportunity and they took it, invested, and grew it. Just because you don't have this option with express doesn't mean you should be getting on bbsam or any ground contractor. I'll tell you what, there are worse jobs than delivering for ground. Not to mention you stay within the business for a while you can move up and buy out the person who owns the business, or the business next to you. Happens all the time. Maybe you get paid less, but you have different opportunities for growth and investment.

It's like buying stock with a dividend or one with out. Different strategy, different ways of getting payout.

Nice rationalization of the exploitative Ground model. Never mind that it depends on paying people around $10 per hour with no benefits. Oh, I forgot, it's "capitalism" and Ground contractors are just entrepreneurs. BS.

bbsam

Staff member
And you say it like the only thing that matters is the business owner's success and his rewards for working hard. Exploiting others to get there is the problem. It's been pointed out that Ground rts are worth considerably more these days. Well that precludes many regular guys from having the opportunity doesn't it? And if someone buys some rts are they going to exponentially grow in value for them also? Sounds like the same economic Ponzi scheme that got us all in trouble. When are you guys going to pay people a decent wage and learn to live with less in the process? You'll still make good money. Cashing in is fine if you aren't hurting people in the process. Y'all and the company you are associated with are hurting people.
Is Express exploiting drivers by delaying raises? Is UPS exploiting drivers by cutting routes? Or is it just a depressed labor market? Don't worry. The economy is about to take off and everyone in business is going to have to pay more. I read it somewhere...maybe it was here.

vantexan

Is Express exploiting drivers by delaying raises? Is UPS exploiting drivers by cutting routes? Or is it just a depressed labor market? Don't worry. The economy is about to take off and everyone in business is going to have to pay more. I read it somewhere...maybe it was here.

Your great "opportunity" is based on you managing grossly underpaid workers. Our raise delay pales in comparison.

bbsam

Staff member
Fred's brand of capitalism isn't ethical. If you buy-in, neither are you.
as a matter of fact, the great religions of the world warn of capitalism. In fact it is by definition, immoral. But, here we all are. Buying into an immoral system.

vantexan

as a matter of fact, the great religions of the world warn of capitalism. In fact it is by definition, immoral. Bit, here we all are. Buying into an immoral system.

Really? The great religions of the world warn of the perils of obtaining riches. That it's extremely difficult to enter heaven as a rich man. However some of the greatest men in the Bible were extraordinarily wealthy. It's all in the attitude. And, by the way, today's capitalism isn't discussed at all as there were no stock markets other than the kind of stock on 4 legs.

MAKAVELI

your frustration level seems to be rising exponentially. You are cussing more and more. Impotence a bitch?

From the personal attack I would say your own frustration must be getting the best of you.

TUT

Word on the street... UPS is offering strategically advantageous Fedex Salespeople jobs if they take the buyout. UPS definitely plays are more serious game of biz, figure they can get some business back that way I reckon.

Ricochet1a

I would think any buyout would include a non-disclosure clause.

They do. The buyout contract is almost 100 pages long, and includes MANY clauses which the bought out employee must comply with - or lose the sum they were given.

Among those clauses: is a requirement not to disclose company confidential information which they had access to, not to discuss ANY aspect of company planning, goals or operations and a host of other restrictions which if violated, would result in the forfeiture of the buyout amount by the former employee (under force of law, since it is under a signed contract).

A few of the people who I still talk with in Memphis have cut me off from any discussion of information, due solely to this - they don't want to potentially lose what they've waited so long for (a somewhat tarnished golden parachute).

They (the salaried Memphoids) gave up a long time ago in hoping that the wage employees would organize, get the DBPP back, then be able to get Express to give them (the salaried employees) the DBPP back. They are looking to jump ship or should that fail (not offered a buyout) to get the hell out as soon as they can.

Ricochet1a

Considering the number of sales people getting buyouts it would be tough to enforce.

That is actually one of the fears of Express.

Good sales people keep a 'personal' list of contacts and information. They use this list as part of their job, but if they ever leave work with one employer, they'll take that information with them to another.

I haven't had any direct correspondence to confirm this, but I STRONGLY suspect that UPS will be looking to get access to those personal lists held by bought out Express sales types. I'll try to find out if the buyout contract has some sort of prohibition against working for a competitor of FedEx (STRONGLY suspect that it DOES) - but finding out isn't high on my priority list.