Losing drivers , we are dead .

GolfCart

We have 2 going to hub ( combos ) , around 8 on feeder list. All these drivers will be gone in a couple of weeks . Then vacation kicks in ! We will be short 10 - 15 drivers per week ! My goal is get on the 9.5 list as soon as possible . If I am going to work all night in the summer heat , at least I'll get paid for it ! This week I was off , we had 6 total off , and my buddy said they fell on their face . They had every cover driver working and still not enough drivers . What happens when 12-15 drivers are gone ?

trickpony1

"What happens when 12-15 drivers are gone?"

There will be several conference calls with the folks in the Ivory Towers in addition to a flurry of faxes.

At some point they will figure out there is a problem.

Will anything get done? Draw your own conclusions.......

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They hire more people........sorry was daydreaming. Good luck personally don't
Mind working late in the summer at least its not dark at 5.

We have 2 going to hub ( combos ) , around 8 on feeder list. All these drivers will be gone in a couple of weeks . Then vacation kicks in ! We will be short 10 - 15 drivers per week ! My goal is get on the 9.5 list as soon as possible . If I am going to work all night in the summer heat , at least I'll get paid for it ! This week I was off , we had 6 total off , and my buddy said they fell on their face . They had every cover driver working and still not enough drivers . What happens when 12-15 drivers are gone ?
Then hey will hire drivers from the NEW generation. I've been waiting for them. You know them we all do they don't like to listen and they just don't have the work ethic. I can't wait to see what happens.

GolfCart

The new babysitting service . we old drivers will have to baby sit the new guys . I want to give the new drivers help and a fair chance , but we have guys that have been driving same route for 6 months and they are NO better !! 6 months same route ??? come on ! The new guys can not handle the abuse that MY hub is dishing out . To many air stops , over dispatch ,, and the harassment .

Indecisi0n

The new babysitting service . we old drivers will have to baby sit the new guys . I want to give the new drivers help and a fair chance , but we have guys that have been driving same route for 6 months and they are NO better !! 6 months same route ??? come on ! The new guys can not handle the abuse that MY hub is dishing out . To many air stops , over dispatch ,, and the harassment .

When i was brand new i had many drivers come out and help me. I have since caught on and now get done at a decent time. Now when any of those drivers needs help i go out of my way to help them.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Here they would gut it out for the rest of the month, then put on a bunch of seasonals starting May 1st.
Probably some free grievance money out there when they use air exception drivers, supervisors, etc.
If you have the stones?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hang in there, kid. The years will go by, and before you know it; you will be the one going combo or feeder.

GolfCart

Hang in there, kid. The years will go by, and before you know it; you will be the one going combo or feeder.
I am crazy ? I am a 20 plus yr vet . I should have done feeders yrs ago . Now I am number 6 out of 45 plus drivers . Hard to leave now . If I go feeder or combo I loose all my seniority !