Losing Walmart Account

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm not sure about the details but it looks like we are losing Walmart to Fedex. I hope it's not because I used to hit them at 9 and now with ingenious late starts and relooping I get there 10 to 10:30.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm not sure. We were told by the Walmart receiving people that we are losing the acct. Store to store, jewelry NDA's etc. Mgmnt wasn't aware. I guess we'll find out more.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Like I had mentioned before, I'm surprised it would be any other way (Wal-Qaeda, Al-FedEx). They have links, and much in common!

-----------------------------------------------------

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 8, 2001

Two operating companies of FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) have received "Carrier of the Year" awards from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., (NYSE:WMT), the world's largest retailer.

The awards represent exceptional performance last year in transportation services.

FedEx Ground, the second largest small-package ground carrier in North America, received the award in the small-package ground category. This marks the third consecutive year that the Pittsburgh-based operating company received this recognition from Wal-Mart.

American Freightways, based in Harrison, ...

Date: Wednesday, June 30 2004

BENTONVILLE, Ark. -- At a recent conference in Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. recognized FedEx Ground as the recipient of the company's Carrier of the Year award. Wal-Mart's Core Carrier Conference, held annually, honors carriers for their commitment to providing excellent quality and service.

etc

Overpaid Union Thug

Gee I wonder if Wal-mart's stance on unions has anything to do with them choosing FedEx? If FedEx was so "superior" then why would it take them three years to decide that need to switch accounts? In my area Wal-mart hates FedEx and we recently took their pickup accounts away from them. Yeah....sounds like FedEx is superior alright. LOL!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Like I had mentioned before, I'm surprised it would be any other way (Wal-Qaeda, Al-FedEx). They have links, and much in common!

-----------------------------------------------------

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 8, 2001

Two operating companies of FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX) have received "Carrier of the Year" awards from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., (NYSE:WMT), the world's largest retailer.

The awards represent exceptional performance last year in transportation services.

FedEx Ground, the second largest small-package ground carrier in North America, received the award in the small-package ground category. This marks the third consecutive year that the Pittsburgh-based operating company received this recognition from Wal-Mart.

American Freightways, based in Harrison, ...

Date: Wednesday, June 30 2004

BENTONVILLE, Ark. -- At a recent conference in Bentonville, Ark., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. recognized FedEx Ground as the recipient of the company's Carrier of the Year award. Wal-Mart's Core Carrier Conference, held annually, honors carriers for their commitment to providing excellent quality and service.

etc

Interesting, as the Walmart I delivered to constantly complained about the poor service from FedEx Ground.

NHDRVR

We had a situation in one of the WalMarts here in NH that didn't allow any UPS driver, in uniform of course, on any part of the receiving/shipping docks. The shipper said it was due to the anti-union stance of WalMart but they would let other union truckers (different companies - teamsters and other wise) go where they wanted...

strange

S

speeddemon

I'm not sure about the details but it looks like we are losing Walmart to Fedex. I hope it's not because I used to hit them at 9 and now with ingenious late starts and relooping I get there 10 to 10:30.

Freaking AMEN to that! Why in the hell wont they listen to us BEFORE it hits the fan.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why is this a surprise to anyone? All the 22.3 air drivers are laid off and the airs are put back on us package drivers meaning you have to deliver airs and grounds separate. And in many cases you have to deliver and pick up some customers just to get the deliveries done. We will be losing many more customers in the near future because of UPS steeping over a quarter to pick up a penny!

But somehow the lost customers will be the drivers fault!

It takes months to gain new business, only seconds to lose it!

Overpaid Union Thug

Why is this a surprise to anyone? All the 22.3 air drivers are laid off and the airs are put back on us package drivers meaning you have to deliver airs and grounds separate. And in many cases you have to deliver and pick up some customers just to get the deliveries done. We will be losing many more customers in the near future because of UPS steeping over a quarter to pick up a penny!

It only takes a nano second for someone in IE to make a decision that will cost UPS another account.

Yes, this is entirely your fault. And now you have to turn in lots of sales leads to make up for this loss of business.:happy-very:

airbusfxr

With the aircraft mechanics strike looming more companies will have to move instead of taking a chance on a Dec strike over subcontracting to Asia. Sad but the contract is less than 5 million to settle and UPS will step over a dollar to pick up a penny.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Interesting, as the Walmart I delivered to constantly complained about the poor service from FedEx Ground.

Correct. In the press and media, Wal-Mart is fully supportive FedEx and it's operations (which are likely closely tied together, anti labor included). Now if you were to ask LOCALLY about how each individual Wal-Mart shipper or reciever feels about FedEx you will probably get varying answers.

At least that is how I see it.

LED

I would think that Walmart would use UPS, Fedex, and USPS to deliver their packages.
A shipping manager (not at Walmart) once told me that he made the decision to go exclusively with one carrier in order to get a discount. Word got back to his boss about his cost saving idea. The VP asked him "Are you trying to put this company out of business? We want everyone to shop here, not just employees of one truck line. I want you to use as many truck lines as possible."

I made the decision a while ago to not shop at Walmart, no matter how low their prices are.
If you think about it Fedex ground and Walmart treat their employees (or contractor's for Fedex), about the same. They probably admire each other very much.

browndevil

I don't shop at Walmart but I am sorry to lose any business especially a large account as them. However, Target is a large customer of UPS how about we all shift our shopping needs to Target

bbsam

Staff member
As I understand things, we at Fedex are getting the Walmart business. Should make peak interesting with Walmart.com.

jimstud

Banned

the 22.3 jobs were not laid off , all those 22.3 jobs were moved to the central states according to ups.

705red

Browncafe Steward
the 22.3 jobs were not laid off , all those 22.3 jobs were moved to the central states according to ups.
Here in Chicago the majority of 22.3 inside air jobs have been laid off. Not eliminated but laid off. We have 1100 22.3 jobs separate from the national agreement and have filed on every lay off that has happened.