Losing Walmart Account

rod

Retired 22 years
What is it about Wal-mart that brings out the "cream of the crop". I very very seldom go there (it's the only place where I can get ink cartridges for my printer) but it is always good for a laugh. A better website was Walmart sucks.com but I think they shut it down. Employees posted about such things as "the worst thing you ever found in a Walmart bathroom or dressing room. Also they would brag about dropping a whole pallet of wide screen tvs off a fork lift. I'm going to have to check that out again

checked it out. It seems Walmartsucks.com has been replaced by walmart-blows.com

upsyo

We lost Walmart? Who cares, we will still get some of that business. Fedex cant handle all that volume anyway. We have 5 Walmarts in our center and all of those are delivered before 930 usually. Very few of those pkgs delivered were site to store, even during peak. So less time spent waiting at Walmart will just help us all get to our next bulk stop sooner. Not to mention the on calls for the jewelry dept, thats 15 minutes alone. Fedex can have that account and please keep it forever. As cheap as Walmart is they will never be satisfied with their shippers.

im pretty sure that what they were saying was we lost walmart.com. thats a lot of residental volume.

bigblu 2 you

actually I think you lost it all.
maybe we will get it back as a ups/basic account and can back our pup trailer at the post office,unload our 500 packages from all the accounts that used to be delivered to business or residential "2-3 extra runs/drivers in our center".:angry:

klein

Für Meno :)
Does that mean we can't go into Wal-Mart anymore?:happy-very:

Gee, I still need potatoes..
seen the Walmart flyer : $1.97 for a 10lb bag of russet spuds.
Safeway : $5.99 for 10lb bag red potatoes.

But, I hate Walmart that much, I'll pay the $6.00

And who knows what quailty I'll get at Wally's ?
Probably repacked ones, (with a few rotten ones in it), and if not that,
they simply didn't pay the farmer enough.

Either way, they can keep them.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Gee, I still need potatoes..
seen the Walmart flyer : $1.97 for a 10lb bag of russet spuds.
Safeway : $5.99 for 10lb bag red potatoes.

But, I hate Walmart that much, I'll pay the $6.00

And who knows what quailty I'll get at Wally's ?
Probably repacked ones, (with a few rotten ones in it), and if not that,
they simply didn't pay the farmer enough.

Either way, they can keep them.

I'll buy my potatos at Wal-mart and save the 4 bucks.

I will use my 4 dollars saved and stop at the liquor store and buy some beer to drink home after work.

No offense, in this recession, union or not, I'M not throwing money away. Consider it the UPS corporate method

klein

Für Meno :)
As a diabetic, I gave up potatoes........saves lots of money!:happy2:

Are your telling me I should marry Darkangel, and live cheap off rice ? LOL

But, seriously. I did take 2 or 3 diabetic classes. They never mentioned to cut out potatoes. But, be easy on them. You know the 1/3 plate divide.
Meat, carbs (noodels , spuds), and veggies.
I do need carbs.. everyone does. (me esspecially, since I'm so lightweight).

I also know the veggie rule : the greener the better, and just the taste alone, lets you know how much sugar it contains ( corn, peas, and carrots - are the worse, because they are the sweetest, and contain more sugar ).
And then you have the free foods, such as green salad, or cabbage.

Once on insulin, you control it yourself anyways.
If you chose to eat more,(or more carbs), you need to take more.

tarbar66

Customer's Corporate decisions are a funny thing. I had 1 account that shipped with us long after they became FDX national contract customer. They could not sign a contract to get a discount so they continued to ship with us at the published rate.

The FedEx drivers never seemed to make the pick up on a daily basis. I'd see a pallet of FedEx packages setting there for a couple of days and on the 3rd day they'd be relabeled as UPS Next Day or Express packages. I know this one pickup usually shipped enough to pay a couple of drivers wages every week.

We'll see how this plays out.

tony b

brown bear
Gee I wonder if Wal-mart's stance on unions has anything to do with them choosing FedEx? If FedEx was so "superior" then why would it take them three years to decide that need to switch accounts? In my area Wal-mart hates FedEx and we recently took their pickup accounts away from them. Yeah....sounds like FedEx is superior alright. LOL!

Good point, big arrow
What's worse, UPS recieves hundreds of thousands of Walmart's packages. If we do indeed lose this account it will hurt big time for all concerned. UPS will definitely use this excuse for layoffs, supes working etc

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i delivered walmart packages yesterday

0512-0707-3012-5850.jpg

bellesmom

the 22.3 jobs were not laid off , all those 22.3 jobs were moved to the central states according to ups.

Of course which states are unknown and the jobs must still be floating around in IE's monster computers somewhere never to be found..

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
We have a big account in hannibal MO that ships out all kinds of printed shirts and sweatshirts. They sell slot of their stuff to walmart. Driver that picks them up everyday went to school with the owner. Today he pulled him aside and told him they had a problem. Walmart had called him and told him to start shipping fedex or lose their business. He doesn't want to ship fedex and can't. Fedex wants everything ready by 4pm and won't give them trailers to load into and we pick them up at 7pm in two feeder trailers to give them plenty of room and time to get it all done.

I'm guessing they are a little upset at the unions for going after them and this is going to be their way if getting back at them.

bbsam

Staff member
What is it about Wal-mart that brings out the "cream of the crop". I very very seldom go there (it's the only place where I can get ink cartridges for my printer) but it is always good for a laugh. A better website was Walmart sucks.com but I think they shut it down. Employees posted about such things as "the worst thing you ever found in a Walmart bathroom or dressing room. Also they would brag about dropping a whole pallet of wide screen tvs off a fork lift. I'm going to have to check that out again

checked it out. It seems Walmartsucks.com has been replaced by walmart-blows.com
hmmmmm. So then, is it that the people who shop and work at walmart are no longer good enough for UPS to want their business? Are UPS drivers suddenly so superior as to turn up their noses at millions of dollars in freight with the attitude that the lesser delivery companies can deliver to the lower class? I LOVE Walmart and I LOVE their business. So very glad we didn't upset any of you high class delivery folk.:happy2::peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
hmmmmm. So then, is it that the people who shop and work at walmart are no longer good enough for UPS to want their business? Are UPS drivers suddenly so superior as to turn up their noses at millions of dollars in freight with the attitude that the lesser delivery companies can deliver to the lower class? I LOVE Walmart and I LOVE their business. So very glad we didn't upset any of you high class delivery folk.:happy2::peaceful:

I don't recall saying Wal-mart wasn't good enough for UPS drivers. I believe all I said was if you want a good laugh go people watching at Wally World.
:peaceful:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Re: Walmart telling it's customers to ship fed ex

Walmart had called him and told him to start shipping fedex or lose their business. He doesn't want to ship fedex and can't.

It doesn't matter what "he" wants. If Walmart says use FDX you have to comply or risk losing I'm sure one of his best accounts.

brett636

Re: Walmart telling it's customers to ship fed ex

I was wondering how long it would take for this fight to get ugly. Thats extremely low down and dirty, but what is a business owner to do? If he does not comply with Walmart he risks losing a big account, but if he switches to fedex he will be at both Walmart's and Fedex's mercy because he is stuck with both of them whether he wants them or not. Neither have an incentive to serve the customer like we do because they know the customer has no choice.