Losing Walmart Account

wornoutupser

Re: Walmart Sabotage? Maybe Union Workers Should Boycott Walmart?

I also hate my local walmart because they force us to park behind the store to deliver the front businesses. If we try to park any closer we get a instant visit from the local fire marshall. They must have that guy on speed dial! The manager will not budge because he says that " all vendors must park around back". Baloney!

browndevil

I feel the same way. I have not set foot in a wal-mart in years. I have recently added Whole Foods(CEO said unions are like a case of Herpes) and the Home Depot to the companies that I will not shop.

Does someone have a list of companies that are Pro Union, probably a very short list, or at least not so anti-union?
Can't think of any pro union companies but San Francisco is a pro union city. Come visit and spend your hard earnred union money here in one of the most beautiful US cities. October is the perfect time of year to come. Right now the Presidents Cup is happening and it's Fleet Week

cino321

I'm glad we don't have any of those stores around here. The last thing we need is corporate terrorism chasing out all the independent business owners.

LED

I do not shop at Walmart or Sam's. Target and Costco are much cleaner and better organized stores.

I think Costco employees are union in some areas.

Raw

Raw Member

...no one mentioned Walmart quit honoring our prescription card years ago.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I never do Costco.....I find that I really don't need a 4 lb. bag of M&M's with peanuts !!!:wink2:

over9five

Staff member

But..but...but.... Wal-Mart has an awesome fishing, hunting, and camping department!

upssup

I am a former union member and now Supervisor and I would be more than happy to boycott Wal-Mart, especially the one here this place is a nightmare, especially at night!

Overpaid Union Thug

+1
I cant believe any teamster would shop there.
BTW Rep politicians are anti-union also. You can boycott them too.

But those Rep politicians aren't trying to sabotage union shops. Competition is good when it's fair. I am a republican and in favor of unions but don't think all companies need unions. What I want is fair competition. Don't categorize Rep politicians with Walmart. Not a good comparison. Walmart is in the wrong here. Not them. Being anti union is one thing but a cheater is another.

Can't think of any pro union companies but San Francisco is a pro union city. Come visit and spend your hard earnred union money here in one of the most beautiful US cities. October is the perfect time of year to come. Right now the Presidents Cup is happening and it's Fleet Week

My brother lives in Santa Clara so we`re always going to S.friend. I like the city and would consider living there if it wasn`t going to fall into the ocean.

MobileBA

Re: Walmart telling it's customers to ship fed ex

Well, congratulations to Wal-Mart they are definitely using best. I know in the I-5 corridor in the Pacific NW FedEx always beats me to the finish line. Maybe they don't get paid enough to drive the speed limit.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Re: Walmart telling it's customers to ship fed ex

I always went out of my way to make sure I got Walmart delivered as early as possible. Now I will have no problem delivering them at my convenience. I might be too busy to give them the ground with the air.

bbsam

Staff member

With the recent talk of Walmart supposedly trying to steer people away from UPS simply because of it being a unionized company maybe it would be a good idea for all union employes (every union no matter what the employer) to come together and agree not to shop at Walmart. We should do this only in the event that we lose Walmart. I'm all for competition but to drop the best shipping company based on a personal beef with unions is wrong. And if they are going to try and convince other customers to switch based on the same reason then they would definitely deserve to lose the millions of dollars in business that union members pump into Walmart on a daily basis.

I can take losing a customer based on price or performance (its usually because of the first one) because we can always win them back later based on one or both of those reasons but to be a victim of this kind of dirty business pisses me off. If Walmart's treats their employees well and they don't want a union then they have nothing to worry about right? So, why try and sabotage other companies business?

My family shops at Walmart almost every week. I've always liked the stores. They have almost everything I could want there but occasionally I get fed up with the crowds and will go elsewhere. Hearing about Walmart's dirty tactics make me not want to shop there at all. Could a union worker boycott put a dent in their profits and send them a message.
Oh, now that is rich! "So why try and sabotage other companies business?" UPS and the Teamsters have been trying to do that with Ground (RPS) for decades. Win the business back? Maybe. My guess is that Fred and the rest of the Memphis gang isn't going to let that happen. Period. Good luck getting union members to picket. As I remember when UPS was on strike, other union companies went right along as always.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
hmmmmm. So then, is it that the people who shop and work at walmart are no longer good enough for UPS to want their business? Are UPS drivers suddenly so superior as to turn up their noses at millions of dollars in freight with the attitude that the lesser delivery companies can deliver to the lower class? I LOVE Walmart and I LOVE their business. So very glad we didn't upset any of you high class delivery folk.:happy2::peaceful:

This from a Fedex Ground Contractor. Could have a website about some of the scruffy beauties they hire.:peaceful: