Loss of Insurance if off a week?

LagunaBrown

Cut the drama and utilize the information source that your Union dues pay for by contacting your Business Agent or steward and get the correct answer. It is that simple and your welcome, but if you want a little context all health care is regional so asking questions in a national blog where people are in different Taft Hartley plans will just confuse any one who looks at this thread for years. So please go to the source, contact your Business Agent or steward and get a correct reliable answer.

MrWon

Cut the drama and utilize the information source that your Union dues pay for by contacting your Business Agent or steward and get the correct answer. It is that simple and your welcome, but if you want a little context all health care is regional so asking questions in a national blog where people are in different Taft Hartley plans will just confuse any one who looks at this thread for years. So please go to the source, contact your Business Agent or steward and get a correct reliable answer.

Hi Laguna, what is a BA? I have never heard that term before. I keep seeing the term on this forum. From this forum I can see that some things are similar, but a lot of things are different.

MrWon

Where does it say this???

Yea I don't think that is true here. My buddy is a Stewart and he says all we need is a report for the week. Basically all you need to do is clock in. Could be different in his region though. Maybe they have to work 59min a week to keep their ins.

Packmule

Reading through this, glad I converted two weeks to floating days. Sounds like applying one if off for a week due to minor injury, etc, could be a lifesaver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hi Laguna, what is a BA? I have never heard that term before. I keep seeing the term on this forum. From this forum I can see that some things are similar, but a lot of things are different.

BA = Business Agent. This is the guy from the union local who works closely with your shop stewards to make sure the company is holding up their end of the bargain. They will represent the union during meetings with the center and/or labor manager to resolve grievances. They will be in your corner when you are right but will give you a kick in the butt when you are wrong.

MrWon

BA = Business Agent. This is the guy from the union local who works closely with your shop stewards to make sure the company is holding up their end of the bargain. They will represent the union during meetings with the center and/or labor manager to resolve grievances. They will be in your corner when you are right but will give you a kick in the butt when you are wrong.

Thanks, I am in a R2W state not forced union, so I guess they may be a little less active here.... Or lazy. I know the guy that I think fills the position you are talking about. I'm friends with his son who is one of the more popular stewards in the building... go figure that one right. I just never heard of him being referred to as that. I think he goes by President here otherwise I don't know who it could be. Thanks for the clarification though.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They are also the person who told you to vote YES on the new contract and lied about our insurance not changing and promising that the day after thanksgiving would stay the same but you still have to trust him to keep your job safe.

undies

I lost coverage for a week while taking an FMLA week. I was paid by the state disability and did not use any paid leave. I have to go back and see if I can get that time recoded and then send that printed info to the insurance company so they can cover me for the week. Pain in the butt for someone else's mistake!

Returntosender

I lost coverage for a week while taking an FMLA week. I was paid by the state disability and did not use any paid leave. I have to go back and see if I can get that time recoded and then send that printed info to the insurance company so they can cover me for the week. Pain in the butt for someone else's mistake!
FMLA wrong code happened to co worker also. Now that worker uses a digital recorder when calling the FMLA line. In case another dispute happens he can prove to local management that they screwed up on the coding.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not 100% sure if an individual would actually be exposed to "losing coverage", but absolutely expect to get dinged for a payroll garnishment to cover the company's contribution to TeamCare for the week in question.

Here's the problem though. In my local you work one day a month and ups pays for the whole month. Logic would say I only need to work 1 day a month to keep insurance. After all it's being paid for.

Not the case thought.