Lost my Diad today

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpg

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Has this ever happened to anybody? I went back in my car to look for it no luck. I think it fell out of the car. Any idea what the consequences would be? Supervisor knows. Just wondering what the magnitude of the situation is.

Are you still doing your 30 days or did you already pass probation?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They'll load it up in the computer as DIAD lost when they run them tonight. Whether or not they make you pay for it is up to them. You better hope not, those suckers are pricey.

O

OLDMAN3

I don't think it is entirely up to management to decide if he pays, I may be wrong but I believe there is wording in the master or supplements regarding loss... Something to the effect of discipline (warning letter) OR monetary repayment. The guys around here who destroyed DIADS never had to pay.

rod

Retired 22 years
They'll load it up in the computer as DIAD lost when they run them tonight. Whether or not they make you pay for it is up to them. You better hope not, those suckers are pricey.

Why would a driver have to pay for a lost DIAD? Its all just part of doing business. I would tell them to kiss my rear end. If they did make him pay he should drag his feet for the next few years until he is satisfied that he has made up enough $$$ to cover it. Two can play that game.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We had a driver leave one in his truck and some kids stole it. He ended up having to pay for it. We were ticked at both the union and the company.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would a driver have to pay for a lost DIAD? Its all just part of doing business. I would tell them to kiss my rear end. If they did make him pay he should drag his feet for the next few years until he is satisfied that he has made up enough $$$ to cover it. Two can play that game.

How is losing a DIAD "part of doing business"?

If they do make him pay they will take it out in equal weekly installments until the debt is satisfied, much like they do with COD shortages or bad DR's.

UPSGUY72

I think it fell out of my truck...probably left it on dash.

You think it fell out of the truck. "probably left it on dash" It would have made a lot of noise as it hitting metal and plastic as it fell out of the car but somehow you didn't hear it ??? Why would you even put it on the dash it's not even a convenient place to put it. It's also awkward putting it there. We have a routine that becomes automatic we do things with out thinking getting back in the car and putting the Diad in the Diad holder in one of them.

You need to retrace your steps from the last time you had the DIAD that shouldn't be to hard. I can pretty much retrace my steps from the time I let the building to the time I punch out.

DOK

You think it fell out of the truck. "probably left it on dash" It would have made a lot of noise as it hitting metal and plastic as it fell out of the car but somehow you didn't hear it ??? Why would you even put it on the dash it's not even a convenient place to put it. It's also awkward putting it there. We have a routine that becomes automatic we do things with out thinking getting back in the car and putting the Diad in the Diad holder in one of them.

You need to retrace your steps from the last time you had the DIAD that shouldn't be to hard. I can pretty much retrace my steps from the time I let the building to the time I punch out.

Find out the last stop that you used the Diad and go from there.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When I first started as a casual, it was a Friday and 104 degrees out so I think I was a little heat fatigued, I put the diad down at a pickup to load boxes, ( did not have a diad pouch or clip at the time) get in the truck and drive to next pick up and no board in holder and forgot where I put the board. I go back to last pickup to get the board and the door was locked. Call the center and 2 on cars show up ripping through the truck while on the phone with center manager tracking it on GPS. My on car was not very pleased, center manager found it funny. Had to send a sat air driver to pick up the board

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I admit sometimes I set mine on the dash or cupholder without remembering to holster it before I start driving. Then when I notice it sitting there, over the next few seconds the whole scene flashes in front of me where the board slides to the end of the dash, bounces off the platform, and tumbles down the steps right out the door as I see it bouncing down the roadside in my mirror. I usually can just reach up and put it in the holder then before that actually happens.