Lost my Diad today

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When i was a new driver I once set diad4 down in the back of a bulked out 700 and it took me 15 minutes to find it...Around the same time I dropped it out of a moving truck. Those diad4s were pretty resilient but it smartened me up.

Scuderia1

I appreciate all the responses...I'm 1 year in. The truck was the diesel P7 so I didn't hear it. I went back in my personal car but didn't find it. Hopefully somebody finds it and calls ups.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Losing a DIAD is a mistake, although careless. UPS paying for an accident is part of doing business. They don't make us pay for repairs. Both are preventable but can happen.
I deliver to a tire delivery warehouse. There is a big sign that says any mistakes made in house are $20 any mistakes made on the road are $50.

:censored2: that.

yeldarb

I can't stand the Diad pouches. I don't like the feel. I usually put in my back pocket. I have lost the Diad in the pack of my package car before amongst all of the boxes and I call the office to send me out some messages to make it beep.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I can't stand the Diad pouches. I don't like the feel. I usually put in my back pocket. I have lost the Diad in the pack of my package car before amongst all of the boxes and I call the office to send me out some messages to make it beep.
When I was qualifying I left the Diad on the shelf and before I realized I had performed a curb check (it was solid) and everything, including the Diad was in the middle of the truck.

I cussed and kicked boxes for 5 minutes before I realized I was pissed at inanimate objects.

Calmed down and reached in the pile blindly and grabbed the Diad first try.

I have never lost it on road ever again.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
No but they so about that wet from rain many times.

It was always fun to see that big pile of mush (wet records) stacked up at the check-in area when you got back that night. I always wondered if they actually saved those.

Box Ox

I can't stand the Diad pouches. I don't like the feel.

Ever tried a clip? Just a little black piece of plastic you hook the bottom onto. I rarely use 'em because it turns my board into a serial butt slapper. But some drivers use them every day.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I never lost a DIAD but I did lose a clipboard with paper records that bounced out of the holder in cab and out the side door.
Yeah, I lost a clipboard full of records on the way back to the building once. A big gust of wind with both doors open at 60 mph on the freeway and it pulled a Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz on me.

Johney

Yeah, I lost a clipboard full of records on the way back to the building once. A big gust of wind with both doors open at 60 mph on the freeway and it pulled a Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz on me.
I don't believe there is any driver who delivered off paper who has not had that happen a time or two......except maybe Dave.