Lost or Never Sent!

RustyPMcG

Assuming that the shipper number belongs to a The UPS Store, the store processed a Next Day Air package, not just an express envelope with a check in it. The weight of .90 is just shy of a full pound. An express letter with a dozen or so pieces of paper wouldn't even weigh more than .35, and it would say "Letter" not "Package".

I also see that it was manifested on 8/18, which was a Saturday. Around here, only on special occasions is my Saturday pick-up done by a regular, full-time driver. And unlike our regular weekday pick-ups, on Saturday the driver always scans all the packages be they packages on our account number, or drop-offs, so I'm surprised that there's not a pick-up scan.

Bottom line: The UPS Store (assuming that's their shipper number) was billed for this package on their 8/26 bill. It was a package, not a letter. And it never got scanned.

Where it is, who knows.

A claim has been opened. I can't tell if it was opened by TUPSS, or if someone else initiated the claim. If someone else initiated the claim, TUPSS won't find out about it until they get a notice in the snail mail sometime next week. At any rate, the next move is TUPSS needs to collect some proof of value from their customer, otherwise the claim is going to be limited to what they paid for the shipping. If the claim is approved, the check goes to TUPSS, and the store is reponsible for paying their customer.