lost package tracer question

kcromeis

I sent 2 boxes this past wednesday for Friday Delivery, I had our UPS guy come to the office to pickup both boxes and I watched him scan and leave with both down the elevator. Cut to Friday and 1 box is delivered successfully and the other is still "picked up" and no other shipment progress.
Orlando, FL, United States05/12/20129:06 A.M.Tracer request. / Lost package tracer.
Stafford, TX, United States05/09/20125:09 P.M.Pickup Scan
United States05/09/20125:35 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

What could possibly happen that this package did not even receive an "origin scan" while the other went through every step?

Any guidance would be appreciated or should I just chaulk this up to "lost forever?"

Thanks

kcromeis

The other package in shipment has the same information:
Orlando, FL, United States05/11/201210:16 A.M.Delivered
05/11/20125:13 A.M.Out For Delivery
05/11/20122:07 A.M.Arrival Scan
Orlando, FL, United States05/10/20127:00 P.M.Departure Scan
05/10/20126:11 P.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States05/10/20124:24 P.M.Departure Scan
05/10/201210:44 A.M.Arrival Scan
Houston, TX, United States05/10/20127:53 A.M.Departure Scan
05/10/20123:54 A.M.Arrival Scan
Stafford, TX, United States05/09/201210:42 P.M.Departure Scan
05/09/201210:28 P.M.Origin Scan
05/09/20125:09 P.M.Pickup Scan
United States05/09/20125:35 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it's either still sitting at the building because it never got loaded, or it was placed on the wrong trailer in which case it'll pop up on monday or tuesday somewhere and will eventually get rerouted to where it needs to go

literally nothing you can do but wait and watch

kcromeis

The same ups guy comes to our office building several times a day, so I hope it wasnt left in our building without getting on his truck with the other package - as he clearly didn't see it thurs or fri sitting around the loading area of the office building. Hopefully it turns up. I assume the"up to 8 business days to trace" the support person on phone mentioned is a lost cause after 2 or 3 considering it wasn't scanned anywhere but the pickup.

Wait n see

UPSGUY72

The package may have never been pick up from your place of work. IF you print out a end of day that the driver scans but he only pick up one package it would have shown up as being pickup but it really wasn't. I would check the area where the packages are packed and the area where the driver picks up the packages and see if it still there. It could be the package wasn't to big and got misplaced or fell behind something.

The second possibility again is that package wasn't to big and fell off a belt at the building and fell behind something. If it was a letter one of the belt could have eaten it...

maybe on Monday it will get scanned somewhere ...

kcromeis

I handed both boxes off to him and went down the elevator end of day with him, so I know he had them both. When we parted what happened to the box after that to, no idea..just odd that 1 of the 2 made it all the way, and the 1 that made it was the smaller box. This box was 20lbs and 23 x 13 x 10" Not overly large, but the other box was 10lb.

My main concern is we have the pickup scan, but no origin scan on it... so something happend from the elevator to the truck to the facility in houston.

We shall see what the tracer picks up...if anything.