Lost Package - UPS NEXT DAY AIR

upschuck

If the scan was a logical scan, then it is still probably at the retail location. If it was a physical scan then it is at the center somewhere.

UPSGUY72

I have never seen the service level code of YO for Next Day Air----is this an international package?

if there are letter or a combination of letter and number in the service code block it is a shipper release package. Unless the first spot is an A which mean a Adult sig is required.

Which gets me thinking if it was a shipper release package and the shipper sign away rights to file a claim on the package would ups pay the claim if the package got lost before it got DR'd

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
He asked me too. There can be a million things gone wrong with the package. So, all I can say is keep checking the status day by day. When dealing with millions of packages every week, these things will go wrong. It couldve been late or left in building. And will be on route on Monday. This is the UPS way of saying, its not late, just late.. and you still have to pay for the service.

1.gif

Is there any chance I will ever see this package??
I would say you have a 75% chance it's a no.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its possible the package was picked up and loaded into a ground trailer without a scan. Washington state to Orlando would take a week with no scans until the trailer was unloaded in Jacksonville or Orlando. The package is only showing origin scans, none at Worldport in Louisville.

JoelP321

Well I guess I might as well consider it gone. Thanks for everyone's input. The sad thing is that it was a craft, a unique original hand crafted letter set for my daughter's room when she is born next month. They were NOT cheap. I wish it would magically show up...

The Milkman

Well I guess I might as well consider it gone. Thanks for everyone's input. The sad thing is that it was a craft, a unique original hand crafted letter set for my daughter's room when she is born next month. They were NOT cheap. I wish it would magically show up...

Working at a customer counter for years I have seen many a time when someone comes in to ship a pkg, only to bring it back to the counter the following day wondering why it was left on their doorstep,well the knuckleheads did not remove the original address label or at least cross it out. Double labels could have a pkg criss crossing the country, going to NJ from Fl, then Fl back to NJ and so on. :wellduh:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Working at a customer counter for years I have seen many a time when someone comes in to ship a pkg, only to bring it back to the counter the following day wondering why it was left on their doorstep,well the knuckleheads did not remove the original address label or at least cross it out. Double labels could have a pkg criss crossing the country, going to NJ from Fl, then Fl back to NJ and so on. :wellduh:

One of the first things we are taught is to do a six sided check on each and every package.

Sounds to me like the knucklehead may have been you.