Lost seniority issue

Don1010

Ok im gonna try to make this a simple as i possibly can so i ll paint the picture with dates and status with the company,

In Nov 06 was hired on as a fulltime SEASONAL package driver.
Was Layed off on 12/26/06

Was rehired 2/25/07 Fulltime Permanent Package driver
Was Disqualified 5/17/07. I was basically bought in to cover vacations during this period of time, but was told that i had performance issue as to the reasoning for me being DQ ed. In the 79 day employed i only worked 37 days which means i was close to making my 40day Probation.

Then Bought back in 11/15/07 As a Seasonal Package driver
Layed off again 12/28/07. I really didnt understand why i was being considered seasonal again since i had already been with the company before during the permanent period, but i said to myself that i would take this issue up at a later date since i was so glad to get my foot back in the door.

Then on 1/15/08 was bought back in as a parttime Air driver
Then on 3/19/08 was bought back for Full time Package driving again!
As of today I am still driving having made my 40day probation back in May. So that makes my Seniority date 3/19/08. The only issue i have is can i regain my seniority from my first stint as a permanent driver back on 2/25/07. The reason i want to address this is for 2 reasons.There are atleast5 new drivers in mycenter this year who weren't here last peak, and now im losing out on vacation and workmn comp bids to them. and 2 with my Seniority date at 3/19/08 i still have 2 full years to go to get to top scale where as if i can get my seniority back from 2/25/07 i would be there in 10mths.

Would any of you know how i can present my case to the union and then on to HR?

Ok im gonna try to make this a simple as i possibly can so i ll paint the picture with dates and status with the company,

In Nov 06 was hired on as a fulltime SEASONAL package driver.
Was Layed off on 12/26/06

Was rehired 2/25/07 Fulltime Permanent Package driver
Was Disqualified 5/17/07. I was basically bought in to cover vacations during this period of time, but was told that i had performance issue as to the reasoning for me being DQ ed. In the 79 day employed i only worked 37 days which means i was close to making my 40day Probation.

Then Bought back in 11/15/07 As a Seasonal Package driver
Layed off again 12/28/07. I really didnt understand why i was being considered seasonal again since i had already been with the company before during the permanent period, but i said to myself that i would take this issue up at a later date since i was so glad to get my foot back in the door.

Then on 1/15/08 was bought back in as a parttime Air driver
Then on 3/19/08 was bought back for Full time Package driving again!
As of today I am still driving having made my 40day probation back in May. So that makes my Seniority date 3/19/08. The only issue i have is can i regain my seniority from my first stint as a permanent driver back on 2/25/07. The reason i want to address this is for 2 reasons.There are atleast5 new drivers in mycenter this year who weren't here last peak, and now im losing out on vacation and workmn comp bids to them. and 2 with my Seniority date at 3/19/08 i still have 2 full years to go to get to top scale where as if i can get my seniority back from 2/25/07 i would be there in 10mths.

Would any of you know how i can present my case to the union and then on to HR?

No...Your driving date is 3/19/08 and your company date is 1/15/08

drewed

Shankman
You never made seniority either of your first stints with the company so youre SOL. If anything Id say be happy that they brought you back all those times, most of the time you get one chance at UPS (beyond the seasonal work)

Don, what conference are you in? Until this contract the Southern Region only had a 30 day probation period. I have no idea what it is in this contract because it does not apply to me.

Agreed Drewed, SOL as someone already said. I think UP$ has been playing games with the guy and that he has not been treated fairly but that's the beast within.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Don were you working as a ptimer at all before you went driving?
When you were layed off did you go back ptime?
Or were you not with the company and got called back?

You will not be able to obtain your original driving seniority date seeing that you had been layed off. What building were you driving our of?

If you feel more comfortable, private message me as im out of the metro district in chicago.

Don1010

Basically in 79 days employed the first few weeks i was probably sent home 2 or 3 day a week And there was this on 3 week period of time where i work a total of 4 days. With me being new i was always under the assumtion that there was just not enough work. Now im being told that i should have been more aggresive in tring to get work out of them. Never was i updated on my training packet nor was i put on a Training route as i am told should have been done. I was basically a swing driver with absolutely no knowledge of any routes to swing on! I m a swing driver now but i atleast I know 10routes which gives me options from day to day. Someone is always wanting to go home thru out the week.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Basically in 79 days employed the first few weeks i was probably sent home 2 or 3 day a week And there was this on 3 week period of time where i work a total of 4 days. With me being new i was always under the assumtion that there was just not enough work. Now im being told that i should have been more aggresive in tring to get work out of them. Never was i updated on my training packet nor was i put on a Training route as i am told should have been done. I was basically a swing driver with absolutely no knowledge of any routes to swing on! I m a swing driver now but i atleast I know 10routes which gives me options from day to day. Someone is always wanting to go home thru out the week.
As a seasonal driver you would not be entitled to a training route, seasonal drivers are here to fill in for vacations, etc.