Lost

browniehound

Does anyone here watch the TV show "Lost" on ABC Wedensday nights? I'm not one to watch too much TV, but this show "Lost" has become my favorite TV show of all time. Its about survivors of a plane crash that lands somewhere between Sydney and Hawaii. It quickly becomes a show about 48 survivors to a show about a group of people on a mysterious island. I was just wondering if any of my fellow UPSer's watched the show? And if they did I was intersested in their thoughts?

raceanoncr

First season, didn't even watch one episode. Didn't even interest me.

Was on sleeper team and vacation partner brot season one box set on DVD (had TV, DVD, the works). I thot, "Might as well give it a chance". Didn't rent anything or go to library for the week. Got hooked!

Told whole family about it. Youngest daughter-in-law was watching from day one. She tried to clue me in to season two, since I couldn't watch while on road and am too cheap to buy DVR or whatever tapes on DVD. I asked her to keep quiet and I'll catch up some how. Long story short, last Christmas got season two in box. Wow! Didn't take me long on the truck to watch that! Couldn't go to sleep! Had to watch a couple episodes after end of each shift!

Well, am gonna wait for next seasons before I watch and either buy them or wait for "hints" to sink in for gifts!

Oh, what was the question? Yeah, I like the show!

over9five

Staff member
I watched all of season 1 RELIGIOUSLY, but "lost" interest after that.
I don't watch much TV, other than the news.
I do like to catch "Deadliest Catch" when I can.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Word...Lost is my favorite show too. I don't watch a lot of network t.v. but we tivo it and watch it every friday. Well, not for a while I guess. Was it just me, or did the beginning of this last season seem boring. Got to hand it to them, they pulled it out in the end, sucked me right back in. Finale was great, can't wait to find out if it was all a dream(Jack's) and who was in that casket(Ben?)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I watch it too, although the story line gets far-fetched sometimes. The outdoor scenes look like some places I have been to on the North Shore area of Oahu. I am going there again in July, my whole family likes the show and maybe we can figure out where "The Hatch" is located. My favorite show though is "24", I look forward to it the most. Thre's only three network TV shows I watch are: "24", "Lost", and "The Simpsons". I watch "The History Channel" and "Turner Classic Movies" and some of the talk shows on Fox a lot too.

browniehound

I watched all of season 1 RELIGIOUSLY, but "lost" interest after that.
I don't watch much TV, other than the news.
I do like to catch "Deadliest Catch" when I can.

Over,
I watch "Deadliest Catch" also. It always seems to be on the "Discovery Channel". Its on so much, I don't know which the new episodes are, but whenever I'm flippin around, I always put it on.

DS

Fenderbender
I`m with over9five on this.I followed the first season
until I got "lost"
I`m all over the place,I like house,
the antiques roadshow,how its made,
Flip this house,,the history channel,and one
thats grown on me,coronation street.(its on
CBC so most US viewers dont get it)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched all the 1st season and half the 2nd season and got bored. I liked Invasion better, but it went away.

I'm hooked on "Little People in a Big World" on TLC.....cute program.

browniehound

OK, it looks like not too many people here are interested is "Lost". Let me just say this: its one of the best TV shows to come along in many years. I don't watch much TV. I watch Lost, the Discovery/Science channel and the Red Sox. Everything else I consider crap. Lost is great because its shrouded in mystery and the show slowly anwsers questions to these mysteries from show to show. I recommend to rent the first 2 seasons because you will become hooked:thumbup1:

helenofcalifornia

If the show is going to end in three years it will be interesting to see the direction the show goes. I agree with some of the "others" (heh heh!) that I got lost mid second season. I am back on board now but think some of the scripts are a little far-fetched. I come home from work and find nothing to watch on TV these days. I enjoy Will and Grace reruns the most. And I am getting tired of those reruns too.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Harry,
Your new avatar is truly a painful experience to behold....

I noticed that too. Harry, we do have some kind of standards around here, (although I'm not exactly sure what they are). Could you change that hideous avatar of yours?:laugh: