Love 4 UPS

Hi to all of you brothers and sisters, new on this website, have read some of yours posts very educational tools for the job.
Im a fulltime driver from San Diego, with 6 years working for the browns, in my case very proud to work for UPS, like some of you have said, it doesnt come easy, I will reach top rate on December 6 of this year, worked 2 years in twilight and 2 years in preload. what brings me to post, is because at one point no matter how much dissapoinment we get from management or working conditions, we simply can not stops thinking about UPS, look at me, I should be in bed, but rather be sharing something with you guys. What do you think?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think that I am insane spending my off time with UPS topics. But I think that we need to vent with other people that understand with what we go through in the workplace. My wife, may God bless her, has no idea of what we go through in the day. UPS folks are the best in the world, its great to come on here and talk to people from everywhere.:wink2:

dillweed

Welcome to BC!

I agree with Scratch, it's good to have a place where everyone understands our pain. :happy2: It was great to come in here and find so many who have gone through the same ordeals.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Welcome to BC!

I agree with Scratch, it's good to have a place where everyone understands our pain. :happy2: It was great to come in here and find so many who have gone through the same ordeals.
I hear you. They FINALLY put a new seat in the tractor I drive. Need a comfortable place to sit for six hours a night.:funny:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like to think of Browncafe like "Cheers" where everybody knows your name.

Besides, from what I hear, most are drinking beer when they visit here. :wink2:

Welcome !

browniehound

Hi to all of you brothers and sisters, new on this website, have read some of yours posts very educational tools for the job.
Im a fulltime driver from San Diego, with 6 years working for the browns, in my case very proud to work for UPS, like some of you have said, it doesnt come easy, I will reach top rate on December 6 of this year, worked 2 years in twilight and 2 years in preload. what brings me to post, is because at one point no matter how much dissapoinment we get from management or working conditions, we simply can not stops thinking about UPS, look at me, I should be in bed, but rather be sharing something with you guys. What do you think?

Welcome tp BC! You are right we are insane to spend time after an already long day at UPS reading and writting about UPS.

I love Browecafe and love reading what other employees think about their jobs. I also like to share my expierences even if its just to get something off my chest.

It also says something about the company itself that a significant percentage of its employees feel the need to write about the job after a 10 hour day. I mean this as a compliment to UPS.

Its a good job, its a hard job (I don't care what you assignment is, there are no easy jobs here) and its a unique company. It takes a certain person to work at UPS. If you like hard work, UPS if for you because you will be compensated more than fairly in pay and benefits.

Also, if I were to start a business today I would adopt every principle that I learned at UPS. I know by doing this I would have a leg up on my competitors from the start. We can criticize management (I do it consistently here!) all you want but they know how to create profits and have not been in business for 100 years by mistake!

Last edited:

browniehound

BrownMex,
My friend I envy you. You drive for UPS in San Diego. WOW! I say this because San Diego is my favorite city in the world. I drive in Boston and the weather can affect our day more than you could dream of!

I know you don't have this problem because I'm guessing you don't know what anything less than 45 friend feels like? I'm sure you think the job is difficult, right? Now add 2 feet of snow on the ground (you can't cut across lawns or put the 2-wheeler out of the front onto a snowbank) and then working in a snowstorm on top of that on December 19th. It can get ugly really fast! I brought 120 stops back one day last peak.

This is a lesser problem but stinks none the less. I'm talking about 95-100 friend and 97% humidity in June, July, and August here. I know the temp. rarely gets above 90 friend in S.D. and there is very little humidity. The heat and humidity can really wear you down.

If I'm wrong about my assumptions, please post what you think and I apologize in advance if I'm totally off-base!

I'm not saying you have it easy, I'm just saying I wish I worked where you do. Add all the beautiful woman to the mix that don't have to wear big bulking fur coats and I would be lovin' life down there!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think that I am insane spending my off time with UPS topics. But I think that we need to vent with other people that understand with what we go through in the workplace. My wife, may God bless her, has no idea of what we go through in the day. UPS folks are the best in the world, its great to come on here and talk to people from everywhere.:wink2:

Definitely irritates my wife when I spend time on BC instead of talking to her. She gets up and stalks off. No incentive to quit. LOL
I don't really come here to rave but to try and stay in touch with the real mean and women of UPS. I've been out of the district since 1992 and I guess I pretty much remember the good things.

browniehound

Definitely irritates my wife when I spend time on BC instead of talking to her. She gets up and stalks off. No incentive to quit. LOL
I don't really come here to rave but to try and stay in touch with the real mean and women of UPS. I've been out of the district since 1992 and I guess I pretty much remember the good things.

Hoax,
It irritates my girl also because she thinks I spend too much time on here!

LiL"Comet"

Wow !! Brownie & Hoax That's me too my hubby is all the time making snide:angry: comments on how I stay on this put-er so much.. LOL

We should start a support group. LOL What should we call it?? hum

Big brown dog house? :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think this forum can be very therapeutic. I know guys who take their frustrations to the tavern every night after work. I would rather take mine here. I can vent to people who can relate to what I am talking about, and go back to work the next day without holding a grudge or carrying a resentment.