Love Cover Driving

novadriver

8:20am Hey sup can he run my route for me so I can go home? Sup walks away.....
8:59am Yes he can run the route..
9am I tell sup..I'm over dispatched with 25 air stops, I'm going to have late air...

Ended up with 4 late air...

Next time another driver wants me to cover for them ill politely decline... this is the second time I got screwed by leaving the building late by helping another guy get a day off... And monday I'll be in the office because of it..

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
8:20am Hey sup can he run my route for me so I can go home? Sup walks away.....
8:59am Yes he can run the route..
9am I tell sup..I'm over dispatched with 25 air stops, I'm going to have late air...

Ended up with 4 late air...

Next time another driver wants me to cover for them ill politely decline... this is the second time I got screwed by leaving the building late by helping another guy get a day off... And monday I'll be in the office because of it..

HAHA. If a senior driver wants to go home over you, he doesn't have to ask. You use your seniority to bump the junior guy (YOU)

If you told them you were going to have late air, the ball is in their court. However, with your recent track record.....this doesn't really seem like a job you will be successful at

calcio56

Not to sound like "them", but what are his production numbers like? Like if you get sent help everyday on routes other drivers accomplish, that might be the rest of the story. Maybe.

calcio56

Also, if he is covering for a center manager....and firing people left and right....maybe he is not covering. And he wants you to know he is not covering.

Always assume the worst from your enemies, jedi

novadriver

he might not be covering if the other center manager doesnt come back, hes been gone for a week now, maybe he got fired or quit.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you have too many air stops, you simply have to tell them before you leave the building. Run straight air with no ground, its their problem then not yours....

novadriver

If you have too many air stops, you simply have to tell them before you leave the building. Run straight air with no ground, its their problem then not yours....
thats what i did... and sent 2 diad msgs with pics of msgs for evidence lol.. because i know theyll try an fry me

BrownArmy

Well, sounds like you told them you'd have late air, so there's that.

At least you still have a job in which you can be pulled into the office for!

But, you should be fine. Tell your center manager what you told us, no worries.

Grey

That happened to me twice. The third time a driver tried to bump me 10 minutes before start I told the US and he got me back on my original route. Don't let management and other drivers bone you like that.

novadriver

That happened to me twice. The third time a driver tried to bump me 10 minutes before start I told the US and he got me back on my original route. Don't let management and other drivers bone you like that.
yea the driver said, oh man my bad i didnt know it was gonna be like that lolll like yeah right, thats why you wanted to go home lmaoo... another driver did the same thing to me two weeks ago, waits around until 9am to gimme the route than im stuck with late air, but that time i didnt know better to tell sups ill have late air... got suspended for that to... oh well live and learn

F

FrigidAdCorrector

he might not be covering if the other center manager doesnt come back, hes been gone for a week now, maybe he got fired or quit.
I thought he fired a driver and he was home for two weeks? How does that work if he's only been there for a week? Time travel?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The center manager thats covering for another center manager loves to fire and suspend drivers. He fired a guy for sheeting up business past 5pm... never been in trouble before, he sat home for 2 weeks waiting for hearing.
You cant be fired for that by the way. If the dumbasczz sat home for 2 weeks hes a complete idiot lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
yea the driver said, oh man my bad i didnt know it was gonna be like that lolll like yeah right, thats why you wanted to go home lmaoo... another driver did the same thing to me two weeks ago, waits around until 9am to gimme the route than im stuck with late air, but that time i didnt know better to tell sups ill have late air... got suspended for that to... oh well live and learn
Just buy a 5 year supply of cherry lube and it will be ok for you. Weve all been through it. Your first 5 to 10 years driving usually suck unless you get lucky and get a bidded route quickly.

calcio56

A wise man once told me, you can't let it bother you. The second you give ups the authority to stress you, it's game over.

Under promise, over deliver, and always error on the side of caution.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A wise man once told me, you can't let it bother you. The second you give ups the authority to stress you, it's game over.

Under promise, over deliver, and always error on the side of caution.
The job is nothing but 1 big :censored2: circus everyday, sooner you learn the better you are lol.