Love Cover Driving

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by novadriver, Mar 13, 2015.

1. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

8:20am Hey sup can he run my route for me so I can go home? Sup walks away.....
    8:59am Yes he can run the route..
    9am I tell sup..I'm over dispatched with 25 air stops, I'm going to have late air...

Ended up with 4 late air...

Next time another driver wants me to cover for them ill politely decline... this is the second time I got screwed by leaving the building late by helping another guy get a day off... And monday I'll be in the office because of it..

2. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

You'll be alright.

3. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

HAHA. If a senior driver wants to go home over you, he doesn't have to ask. You use your seniority to bump the junior guy (YOU)

If you told them you were going to have late air, the ball is in their court. However, with your recent track record.....this doesn't really seem like a job you will be successful at

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

The center manager thats covering for another center manager loves to fire and suspend drivers. He fired a guy for sheeting up business past 5pm... never been in trouble before, he sat home for 2 weeks waiting for hearing.

5. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

There's more to the story.

6. calcio56

calcio56 Active Member

Not to sound like "them", but what are his production numbers like? Like if you get sent help everyday on routes other drivers accomplish, that might be the rest of the story. Maybe.

7. calcio56

calcio56 Active Member

Also, if he is covering for a center manager....and firing people left and right....maybe he is not covering. And he wants you to know he is not covering.

Always assume the worst from your enemies, jedi

8. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

he might not be covering if the other center manager doesnt come back, hes been gone for a week now, maybe he got fired or quit.

9. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Your screwed!!

10. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

how am i screwed lol... they over dispatched me, they combined 2 routes into one.

11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

If you have too many air stops, you simply have to tell them before you leave the building. Run straight air with no ground, its their problem then not yours....

12. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

thats what i did... and sent 2 diad msgs with pics of msgs for evidence lol.. because i know theyll try an fry me

13. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Well, sounds like you told them you'd have late air, so there's that.

At least you still have a job in which you can be pulled into the office for!

But, you should be fine. Tell your center manager what you told us, no worries.

14. Grey

Grey Active Member

That happened to me twice. The third time a driver tried to bump me 10 minutes before start I told the US and he got me back on my original route. Don't let management and other drivers bone you like that.

15. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

yea the driver said, oh man my bad i didnt know it was gonna be like that lolll like yeah right, thats why you wanted to go home lmaoo... another driver did the same thing to me two weeks ago, waits around until 9am to gimme the route than im stuck with late air, but that time i didnt know better to tell sups ill have late air... got suspended for that to... oh well live and learn

16. I thought he fired a driver and he was home for two weeks? How does that work if he's only been there for a week? Time travel?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

You cant be fired for that by the way. If the dumbasczz sat home for 2 weeks hes a complete idiot lol.

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Just buy a 5 year supply of cherry lube and it will be ok for you. Weve all been through it. Your first 5 to 10 years driving usually suck unless you get lucky and get a bidded route quickly.

19. calcio56

calcio56 Active Member

A wise man once told me, you can't let it bother you. The second you give ups the authority to stress you, it's game over.

Under promise, over deliver, and always error on the side of caution.

20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

The job is nothing but 1 big retard circus everyday, sooner you learn the better you are lol.