Loving Retirement !! ( if you can call it that )

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
only been out 4 months and am loving it! seem busier than i was when working.

cant wait to get up in the a.m after getting to sleep at night for the first times in 25 years.

coffee and news on TV.
take dogs for nice leisurely walk.

check emails to see if i sold any junk on ebay or craigslist.
go to PO to mail off boxes of junk i sold, store, and anywhere else i want to go.

work in garden or yard or just putter around or watch a movie on Netflix.
have time to make a real nice dinner or some afternoon delight.
walk the dogs again after dinner and then read a good book or work on a hobby project.

also about once a week we jump in the car and look at the map and just go exploring somewhere.
we have some longer trips planned for a week or longer. we just love having so many options.

and the checks arrive like clock work.

how about you other retirees ?

No gym on that agenda? Letting yourself go?

vVen2M.gif

Orion inc.

I like turtles
so ups gave you great life and now a great retirement and you ship your stuff USPS.

Makes sense.
If I ran an e-bay business I would do the same.
you bet buddy boy. i am on a fixed income.

And THAT right there is the problem. You won't use ups because it'll cost a few dollars more but you sure as hell will take the pension , benefits and pay for years no problem.

Does anybody else see the issue with that hypocrisy ? At least Brownslave saw it.

Is it really going to bankrupt you to use the company that afforded you the life you have instead of the competition ? No no it wouldn't.

And people wonder why the younger generations have issues with the boomer generation.

Please don't claim you're a "proud teamster or upser" and meanwhile do stupid stuff like this.

It's hypocritical.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And THAT right there is the problem. You won't use ups because it'll cost a few dollars more but you sure as hell will take the pension , benefits and pay for years no problem.

Does anybody else see the issue with that hypocrisy ? At least Brownslave saw it.

Is it really going to bankrupt you to use the company that afforded you the life you have instead of the competition ? No no it wouldn't.

And people wonder why the younger generations have issues with the boomer generation.

Please don't claim you're a "proud teamster or upser" and meanwhile do stupid stuff like this.

It's hypocritical.
Just last night I chose ups over USPS for shipping on something I ordered. Costs $6 more. Big whoop

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If shipping managers go for the cheapest every time, we would of been out of business years ago.

You really do think you know everything about every field.

How are you not a billionaire success story yet?

I pick up at Staples, the UPS Store and MBE. They all give the customer all of their shipping options/prices and let them decide.

Let's go back to my e-bay example and use Brownslave's $6 extra example. Suppose I have a fairly successful e-bay business where I am sending out 100 packages per month. If I were to automatically choose UPS each time and pay the extra $6/package I would lose $600 per month, $7,200 per year.

I prefer to support my employer whenever practical but I am also a consumer who looks to save a buck whenever possible.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I pick up at Staples, the UPS Store and MBE. They all give the customer all of their shipping options/prices and let them decide.

Let's go back to my e-bay example and use Brownslave's $6 extra example. Suppose I have a fairly successful e-bay business where I am sending out 100 packages per month. If I were to automatically choose UPS each time and pay the extra $6/package I would lose $600 per month, $7,200 per year.

I prefer to support my employer whenever practical but I am also a consumer who looks to save a buck whenever possible.
If you're shipping out 100 packages /month, any smart business would negotiate well below retail rates on their account. So your numbers would only make sense if said business man was stupid and didn't set up a ups account with a better shipping rate through business development.

I'm sorry but if you receive your livelihood from ups then you should ship ups when given the choice. If it really bankrupts you then you made poor financial choices in life.

The point was ups employees and especially retirees should be using ups regardless of the cost but on principle. It's really not that much more on average and if you're a ups shareholder or get your pension from ups, then it comes back to you one way or another.

trickpony1

Suppose I have a fairly successful e-bay business ........

......then you would know of something called "business expense" that would fit right in with your other "creative accounting" ideas you have expressed here.

As a business owner you could deal with the other shippers that may or may not get it there or you can ship with your former employer, support your $5,500 per month pension, create jobs and get a tax write off.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS always bent over backwards to save a penny----why shouldn't I? What good would it have done for me to ship everything UPS after I retired? Would they now say "OK Rod--we will keep your pension at $3,000"?:rofl: