Loving Retirement !! ( if you can call it that )

Orion inc.

I like turtles
UPS always bent over backwards to save a penny----why shouldn't I? What good would it have done for me to ship everything UPS after I retired? Would they now say "OK Rod--we will keep your pension at $3,000"?:rofl:
No but it helps the current guys and the future. Also if you own stock, it's always good to support the company in that sense.

rod

Retired 22 years
No but it helps the current guys and the future. Also if you own stock, it's always good to support the company in that sense.

I sold my 3000 shares when it was about 80 bucks. When I got it it was something like 27 bucks a share---and then it split 2 for 1. I supported UPS and their "get blood out of a turnip" policys for 30 years----that's enough. Now that I'm retired I look out for #1 (me). I'll ship anyway I want to..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I sold my 3000 shares when it was about 80 bucks. When I got it it was something like 27 bucks a share---and then it split 2 for 1. I supported UPS and their "get blood out of a turnip" policys for 30 years----that's enough. Now that I'm retired I look out for #1 (me). I'll ship anyway I want to..
Sure. Do what you like. But don't be mad at the current or future employees when they throw the retirees under the bus every contract.

I would of held the stock too.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure. Do what you like. But don't be mad at the current or future employees when they throw the retirees under the bus every contract.

I would of held the stock too.

Not long after I sold mine it went down to about 40 bucks a share. Your 103 dollar stock could be worth 50 bucks in a few days. That might be extreme but just wait to see what happens next contract when rumors of a strike hit the public. Someday you will be thrown under the bus too---its a time honored tradition.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Not long after I sold mine it went down to about 40 bucks a share. Your 103 dollar stock could be worth 50 bucks in a few days. That might be extreme but just wait to see what happens next contract when rumors of a strike hit the public. Someday you will be thrown under the bus too---its a time honored tradition.
I'm sure you're right. That is why my retirement planning doesn't include relying on a pension, SS, or ups stock. That would all be "extra" on top of "extra".

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You can see why I say she is full of crap.
I'm pretty sure you can't hold a commercial drivers license until 21 so 25 years at ups plus 15 years elsewhere equals 40 years driving commercially which puts someone at 61 or older.

There's maybe something I'm missing if she claims to be in her 50s and retired.